Sign in to follow this  
heartbeat

My Friend's GF gone to oversea for studies

hello, my friend's gf has gone to Taiwan to further her studies for 2-3 years...

They have already in 1 ++ years relationship.

anyone can share your experience on the long run in love relationship?

how to maintain the relationship?

what can my friend do to keep the relationship WARM?

thanks...

oh well.. my sister has a long distance relationship with her bf.

i have 2 friends having long distance relationship with their bfs as well..

but they are all so loving..

the common thing is, they keep in contact very often. like webcam, chit chat, talk on the phone very frequent.

and what's important is, they have faith in each other. :HUG:

Trust is the most important things in a relationship no matter long distance or not.. With the current technologies, its no longer a barricade to keep both of you together no matter how far you both separated..

Once again, put more faith in each other and you will be able to make your relationship warm and sweet:-)

Agree with Ryan08. Trust is the most important factor. My previous relationship didnt work out because it was long distance and I didnt have the trust in my relationship. After 1 year of being with my boyfriend who lives in Lisbon - Portugal, I called it quits! To me, webcams and chats and smses and calls wouldn't help much coz at the end of the day, they cant be online or on the phone to talk to you 24/7 so it all boils down to TRUST. :)

at least an email a day.. this is what i hv been doin for more than 3 years alredi.. sometimes, chit chat on messenger.. and on the phone, once a while.. but, another important is the THRUST to each other.. :wub:

Seems like is about LDR ..

Everyone mentioned that communication and faith is part of the factors that will keep the relationship going ..

But what if the communication gap is getting wider ? .. There isn't much calls, sms or even IMs ? ..

Even you notice about this prob. and mentioned to the opposition but yet in the end .. there wont be any improvements at all ..

all bout trust and faithful.... timezone different.. life different... ppl around u or her different as well..

even though i lost a 4 years relation after 1 year of long distance, but i never regret taking it.. it is really challenging if u want to see true love..

don't over rely on today technologies, webcam... msn... skype really not that sweet to keep the relation.. try phone call more.. phone call really feel different compare with skype... letter... cards.. if you want something different

Well, i have friends that have gone thru 5 years of LDR, while some other cannot even survive 3 months.

Distance can never jeopardize true love, if anyone lost their relationship because of distance, just move on.

If he/she is your soulmate, 3 years apart from each other can never be a problem when you know you will be spending the rest of your life with him/her.

:wub:

i think that if they're really in love, both of them will make the effort. since taiwan isn't really that far away, they could probably travel and meet up. it's not that expensive also...and keep in touch with e-mail and phone calls. phone calls very important la hehe...nothing compares to hearing the voice of someone you love...but definitely the relationship won't be the same...someone will be busier, and the other party has to be understanding and trusting...not jealous or petty. LOVE WILL FIND A WAY :)

If this relationship is true love, I believe both will want to make things work out in every way .. Well the joy of seeing each other after parting such a long time can't be describe .. First both party must make time for each other, must be willing to tolerate and find a time to webcam and so on .. Things like having the initiative to tell your partner where will you be going to gain their trust and after that tell him/her about your day .. even you can't be there during special dates/events make initiative to send gifts/cards .. I recorded and made a video and slipped in my bf's luggage before he departed ..

My version of story is .. my bf never learned how to appreciate me before he left for studies, he took everything for granted .. however, I was thinking to give up on this relationship , after a few days he left, we were not able to talk at all and one night he used public phone to call me, I was surprise that he cried and told me how much he love me and how much I meant to him .. 1 and half year have passby now .. a few more months to wait, after walking such a long road you'll feel like everything is worth ..

I would say that nothing is impossible, as long as you have faith .. n willing to make time for each other .. and of course be faithful .. or else ..

Taiwan should be same time zone with us? Or few hours different? So shouldn't be a big problem where both can sit down and talk every night ..

To all the peoples who successfully maintain a long distance relationship, jolly well done and congrats..

Its not easy to maintain a LDR..alot of effort and trust needed in this type of relationship..

With the current technology, i guess it not hard to communicate within each other no matter how far they are separated..

Try to communicate more la, no matter how busy, at least leave each other a msg or email, so that he or she know that you still think of each other..

Good luck and all the best..:-)

With all the technologies at hand (Messenger, emails, Skype etc), there should be no reason why communication in a long distance relationship can become a hassle. Costs involved? Internet is cheap, international call cards are cheap and there are mobile phone service providers that offer package catered for making foreign calls. Timezone difference? When you want to speak to a person, time is not an issue - I'm sure if you love someone, you would do anything within your reasonable means to catch the person.

If the communication gap becomes wider, I would think it's kinda obvious that it is time to bid the relationship goodbye. If he/she cannot even spend at least 10 minutes a day communicating with the other half, then why bother pretending that he/she is still in love with the latter?

In the absence of the partner, trusting each other is vital. If love is two-way, there should be no problem in bringing the long distance relationship to a higher level - marriage. I have friends who end their long distance relationship with weddings; when such a day comes, you'll truly believe that all the pain in maintaining the geographical boundaries is worth it.

Long distance is not meant for weaklings (no offence to romantic diehards). If the both of you have the determination, trust and guts, the both of you can withstand the distance and be the envy of close-proximity couples.

Good luck to all those in a long distance relationships.

whoops,

I don't believe in long distance relationship. Guess it's not meant for me.

Not about my partner, but rather, I don't trust myself.

Sometimes people need their partner to be physically there, rather than just one call away.

I'll try but I cannot guarantee my bf that I'll be there for him always =/

plus!! I find LDR is more possible for my parent's generation,

even though the technology nowadays are helping the Generation Y with LDR, but it just doesn't work out.

Never heard of any successful true love stories from my side.

well, i didnt experienced LDR before.. but whoever are doing that, they of course hope they'll have happy ending.. so.. lets just wish them good luck..!

i too agree that some ppl need their partner to be physically there.. i'm feeling this way too sometimes, only when he's with me, i feel secure and happy..

no offence....but seriously ... it dpends on the girl's and the guy's nature....(to determine whether they worth the trust given)

most guys jz wnt appreciate the trusts given to them n misuse it... even if ur bf is here with u in the same state..u cnt 100% sure that he is loyal to u either..so hw bout in other place where no one will have an eye on him? he may webcam,chat ,call u...but...u wnt knw wat happen there u see....

yes...trusts is important..but hw pathetic is tat if u r trusting someone who betray u on the other side...?rite?

no matter how much u trust...u canot guarantee things...new ppl around ur partners...he or she may fall for someone new..even though u were very much in love before..there is always somebody out there who is better then u..

(no offence to LDR couples)..so at the end of the day...even if u put trust n have faith in each other..i still think LDR is a major issue....think about it...its true...mmmmmm........

I cant keep a LDR, it needs alot of effort, i would say alot alot of effort to keeping it. Mayb if the bf comes to visit me 6 mths once..mayb it might keep going. One of my ex...he's busy and i duno wats his busy with...less callss...less sms....the calls are like one wk once..not enuff for me....email...i write a long one..he reply a sentence or no reply at all...dun come online like every other day. So frustratting..and my memory of him fades...and the ppl n environement he doesnt know...no relation to him at all...at the end...i fall in love w another guy. :P There goes my LDR

29 months now...she's coming to see me next thursday. we are getting married next year.

Faith, webcam, msn, trust, open communication and honesty....you have the will, you have the methods, you will have the means to keep the relationship going....I'm in LDR now, always been LDR except for the last 3 years, but it resumed to LDR coz I am studying abroad now. ...thus, nothing beats what I mentioned here...and I am sure 2-3 years are just a short period as compared to the whole life you get to be with one another (speaking from a very optimistic point of view ;)