Sign in to follow this  
reiyana

help? moisturizer with sunblock for oily sensitive skin??

hi babes!

i need help to get a moisturizer with sunblock in it. i have a quite oily face and also very sensitive (wrong products and i'll get pimples ALL OVER!)

my face is also very sensitive to sunlight, it gets very red when prolonged exposed to sun.

so, any of you girls has any recommendations for me?

or maybe perhaps tips on how to use separate moisturizer with sunblock? like which one do i apply first?

thanks in advance!

try origins product. I have friends who have sensitive skin and they are ok with their products.

try asking them to give u samples to try at home before buying. They do have samples.

hi babes!

i need help to get a moisturizer with sunblock in it. i have a quite oily face and also very sensitive (wrong products and i'll get pimples ALL OVER!)

my face is also very sensitive to sunlight, it gets very red when prolonged exposed to sun.

or maybe perhaps tips on how to use separate moisturizer with sunblock? like which one do i apply first?

thanks in advance!

ooo... in this case ar.... sounds so similar to my skin... i walk the stairs also will have rosy red cheek. :P

Personally, I recommend you either can use the Sensoieur (it's a salon brand, most of their product main ingredient is aloe vera) and you also can consider Avene( you can get this from some pharmacy such as Watson's)

I previously use Sensoieur products <Cleanser+toner+moisturiser>

then now i use Avene moisturiser d. Quite good, it's quite gentle. Avene have one that is 'Sebum Regulating Lotion' which is an emulsion. not oily but moisturising enoff. In compare, Sensoieur moisturizer is very very good on oil controling, previously my face is very oily and shine like.... :sick: so horrible. I finish up 1 bottle which last me about 4 months then I switch to Avene.

And yeah... for oily and sensitive skin, i found out that there's one thing that need to take notice. You need to keep your skin hydrated all the time because once your skin is dehydrated, then you will experience itchiness and redness sensitivities. i'm not sure how serious ur sensitive skin is, but mine is quite bad cause will have red bump, itchy and redness all over face with pimples. Due to tis reasons, i found out that the chances of getting sensitivities arise are lower when I do detox and hydrating mask. The frequency is like hydrating mask (full boost of hydrating one, no need those whitening + hydrating + detox + what so ever) in very 2 to 3 days. then detox in every week. I use Sensoieur Bulle Mask for detox. Excellent product. Two Thumbs up!

In regards to sunblock, my personal opinion is to take 2 different bottle. for our normal use, if you work in office la, then SPF 25 is good enoff, but if you got go out here and there one, then at least SPF 50. The regimen of skincare application is like this:

DAY: cleanser --> toner --> essence/serum/concentrate --> moisturizer --> sunblock --> make-up base

NIGHT: make-up remover --> cleanser --> toner --> essence/serum/concentrate --> moisturizer

must use make-up remover to cleanse the sunblock, if not our skin will becomes more sensitive and have more pimples.

Edited by WendyBlue

Have u tried Sunplay/Biore the mattifying kinds of sunblock? I think Sunplay's Water in UV SPF25 PA++ variant is great. My skin's sensitive too, one slight hiccup by using the wrong product and I'll break out like there's no tomorrow, and so far it really helps protect my skin from the sun and moisturizes too at the same time. It doesnt leave a whitish cast nor does it make the skin dry. Shud be around RM25+ in Guardian and Watsons. Bottle is teardrop-shaped..quite huge compared to the other types of sunblock of the same brand/Biore.

yeah, my skin is very sensitive and its very easy to break out. im taking antibiotics to treat my acne and thankfully im clear now, but i do have some acne scars. and this scars and my sensitive skin make me look like a tomato when exposed to sunlight! >.<

i also live in kuching and i havent found any Origins shop here. I might wanna try sunplay coz i heard from my friend its quite good.

anyone knows where to find Origins in Kuching?

Have u tried Sunplay/Biore the mattifying kinds of sunblock? I think Sunplay's Water in UV SPF25 PA++ variant is great. My skin's sensitive too, one slight hiccup by using the wrong product and I'll break out like there's no tomorrow, and so far it really helps protect my skin from the sun and moisturizes too at the same time. It doesnt leave a whitish cast nor does it make the skin dry. Shud be around RM25+ in Guardian and Watsons. Bottle is teardrop-shaped..quite huge compared to the other types of sunblock of the same brand/Biore.

ooo... i brought the trial size and tried the Sunplay's water also. Feeling nice especially especially with its cooling sensation :) but my skin still feels a little itchy after using it...

If your face is very oily, i think the sunblcok alone would be enough moiturising!

I'm using Avene Very High Emulsion SPF 50 follow by mineral powder ( to control oil)

Or u can apply serum -->sunblock-->loose powder

Hi ladies:

I do recommend MAryaky Sun protection PA20++ for oily and sensitive skin. 6 months old baby also can use it. It can be use as sun block, make up base.

You also should use water base moisturizer so that it will not clog your pore or too oily which may cause pimples.

you should try elken special care UV SUNSCREEN 24spf PA++ non oily.. suitable for all type skin... last time i use to use before avene / loreal / lancome other brand also not suitable me.. cause making my face fast oily.. until i have a chance to try this products i felt so happy with it.. cause i paid the money i can get back my satisfied n results.. i wont waste money for those no results... :D anything u can message me or contact me.. my msn is galgal_2020@hotmail.com any beauty stuff that u wan to know ask me... important that i can help u...

hi babes!

thanks in advance!

try eucerin. i suffer from sensitive skin oso. n i have combination skin.

eucerin hydro-protect with spf 15

U can try Artistry Clarifying Balancing Moisturiser from Amway...does wonders for my oily skin...I'm not an Amway member by the way...tried lots of moisturisers, and I find this to be the perfect one for my skin....your skin stays moisturised without the oily feel

MonRose's day cream which comes with SPF30 is perfect for my sis oily skin and my combination skin. We both are sharing our skin care.We both agreed that it is the best we used so far. It absorbs immediately once apply,it is not greasy at all. It made my skin texture look fairer and smoother :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Hhmm..i m trying hard to look for a moisturizer and sunblock which suit my skin ...i m having combi skin..Tried biore, avene, biotherm before ...but face will gets red and slightly itchy after 1 day..so hard to look for a moisturizer for myself :(

Hhmm..i m trying hard to look for a moisturizer and sunblock which suit my skin ...i m having combi skin..Tried biore, avene, biotherm before ...but face will gets red and slightly itchy after 1 day..so hard to look for a moisturizer for myself :(

Waa..your face sounds sensitive :blink: are you using any peeling product before this? do more hydrating masque , i think it able to help.

Waa..your face sounds sensitive :blink: are you using any peeling product before this? do more hydrating masque , i think it able to help.

ya juvian :( it is quite sensitive. i think i born with that. My hand and leg all ok, except my face, haii :shakehead: i didn't use any peeling product before, i noticed it happened after one time of facial in my life..scared to go facial now ^_^

Sometimes, when I apply a wrong product, my face'd turn red on the cheeks, but the area around my eyes remained...skin-toned. It's like I'm wearing a red mask or something! Is this what's called sensitive skin? Anyway, just to share with you..I don't apply moisturizer during the day if i'm wearing sunblock, as I already have quite oily skin. The sunblocks I use are pretty moisturizing themselves. However, these are the rules I follow, and so far, no redness/itchiness/breakouts:

1. When using a creamy sunblock like Neutrogena's helioplex spf50, I DO NOT apply moisturizer beforehand. Just toner---> sunblock.

2. When using an alcohol-based sunblock like Biore perfect face milk spf50, I DO APPLY moisturizer beforehand, but the lotion/gel kind. Not creamy moisturizers. I like eucerin sebum-reducing cream-gel or any sort of essence/serum.

Edited by susan512

try use monrose products... My face used to be sensitive too...but my face is combination le... my t zone can be very oily but my cheek is dry till got peeling... so very hard to take care... once i use monrose produtcs my sensitive reduce alot.. no more peeling and very oily skin....

try use monrose products... My face used to be sensitive too...but my face is combination le... my t zone can be very oily but my cheek is dry till got peeling... so very hard to take care... once i use monrose produtcs my sensitive reduce alot.. no more peeling and very oily skin....

333123, i feel happy when i see the word "my sensitive reduce a lot, no more peeling"

Errm, which products do u think i shud start if i wan to try monrose products ? pls advice..... :praisegod:

333123, i feel happy when i see the word "my sensitive reduce a lot, no more peeling"

Errm, which products do u think i shud start if i wan to try monrose products ? pls advice..... :praisegod:

winterblue, u can email to their consultant, Carrie for advice. she is a nice consultant.

I would like to give 2 THUMBS UP to Monrose products. This is the only brand which doesn't irritate my sensitive+ oily+ acne prone skin. I have tried their Rebalancing day cream month ago, it is fabulous !! It gives my face a matte look every morning. I love to see myself in the mirror everyday :wub: It pretty much helps in my ultrasensitive skin .

winterblue, u can email to their consultant, Carrie for advice. she is a nice consultant.

I would like to give 2 THUMBS UP to Monrose products. This is the only brand which doesn't irritate my sensitive+ oily+ acne prone skin. I have tried their Rebalancing day cream month ago, it is fabulous !! It gives my face a matte look every morning. I love to see myself in the mirror everyday :wub: It pretty much helps in my ultrasensitive skin .

Thanks Moonriver. :D This day cream seems to work pretty well on many gurls skin here..

Ok........I guess i shud just email to Carrie later and see wat she says ...

Hi winterblue, you may try on dermedex. Last 2 week, i also having the skin problem. Then, a beatician introduce me to this dermedex. THey currently having promotion. Selling the test kits for only rm22; somemore is money guarantee back!!!!!After using 1 week, all my pimple reduce and my face doesn't look reddish anymore. :clap:

You may browse to their website. http://www.dermedex.com

hi hi...

i am using mukti tinted moisturiser.. it also got sunscreen of spf15... i like it very much because not oily and only have to use a little bit :D .. it cost me 118 for 50ml... i only use it on my face.. bought mine from bodybar at tropicana mall.. not sure if can get elsewhere...

oh yeah.. and also organic.. yay!

Edited by nature.luvva