Sign in to follow this  
AMILIES

Dating practices

Dating practices vary from culture to culture, but before people get married, they usually date or go out together for a period of time to see if they are compatible. Some people enjoy going out on group dates with a number of friends so they feel less pressure and stress of trying to impress the other person. Other people go on blind dates, that is, going out with a person that you've never met. In either case, most singles try to date people with whom you have similar interests and values. If you have things in common, you're more likely to enjoy each other's company. However, be careful when dating because people sometimes don't show their true colors on the first, second, or fifteenth date. Furthermore, although finding dates online has become very popular, it's difficult to get to know someone through email or online. Meeting people in person along with a few friends is probably a safe way to get to know others.

MY QS IS? :shocking:

Many online dating Website offer services which you can use to find people with similar interests. Would you personally use such a site to find someone to date? Why or why not? What are some advantages to using such services, and what possible dangers can exist?

nah, I got married before these on-line thingy came about

the downside is that you might meet people who has an agenda.

the upside is that you have all the time to decide who is interesting and perhaps get to know him/her better via emails and stuff before deciding to go out with them

I am proud to say that I met my hubby online. On f’ster to be more exact. It’s true that you’ll never know who’s behind the computer. That’s why you need to spend as much time getting to know them via messages/email/phone calls before deciding if this person is worth seeing in person.

With online dating I think it's safer if you make a seperate msn messenger or something to chat with the person or email alot before actually meeting up. if the guy has an agenda usually after chatting or emailing for few days he will start talking about naughty things. Online dating is very mafan i think.

Then there is the usual things to be careful about:

. meet in a crowded place

. make sure you have your own transport, don't accept rides from him

. if he ask you to go to his house for a coffee, it is obviously NOT for coffee only but got sex. If want to have coffee please go to mamak or Starbucks or coffee shop

. if he only cares about how you look and always compliment you on your looks, he is probably not interested in getting to know you better but only want to sleep with you

. buy your own drinks

. if you allow him to buy you a drink, make sure you go with him to the bar and make sure he doesn't take your drink for you as he can spike your drink

. if you have low alcohol tolerance, please drink juice or coke

. inform a friend about your date/meeting in case something goes wrong

. get a friend to call you in 2hours to check on you or at least if he is boring and dodgy you can say that your friend needs your help and you have to go

I think got a few more advice that you can google and magazines surely got.

I tried before. Met some nice guys who are still my friends until now. But also so many who have agenda. My friend actually got a boyfriend from online dating. But try not to take internet dating too seriously and just have clean fun.

I am proud to say that I met my hubby online. On f'ster to be more exact. It's true that you'll never know who's behind the computer. That's why you need to spend as much time getting to know them via messages/email/phone calls before deciding if this person is worth seeing in person.

true, once I was on line and this sicko from the US thought I was an Asian girl. Asked me what my bra size was and all the stuff.........hahahaha

You must be chatted like a girl. :D just kidding.....

I know my first ex online also when studied Uni last time. Hhmmm..... so far.... just be careful if advise to the rest of pple here.

true, once I was on line and this sicko from the US thought I was an Asian girl. Asked me what my bra size was and all the stuff.........hahahaha

You must be chatted like a girl. :D just kidding.....

I know my first ex online also when studied Uni last time. Hhmmm..... so far.... just be careful if advise to the rest of pple here.

Either that, the fler was to desperate. I put my ID as li...so the fler can't tell

Haha yea and something tells me you did play along. But it’s true, you do meet a handful of weirdo perverted guys online. But of course there a real nice ones around too.

Haha yea and something tells me you did play along. But it's true, you do meet a handful of weirdo perverted guys online. But of course there a real nice ones around too.

Cas, you speak like a true veteran with experience. :P

I got a female friend who pretended to be a man when she chatted with some girls over the net. No she is not lesbo or anything but she said it wuz fun.

Dating practices vary from culture to culture, but before people get married, they usually date or go out together for a period of time to see if they are compatible. Some people enjoy going out on group dates with a number of friends so they feel less pressure and stress of trying to impress the other person. Other people go on blind dates, that is, going out with a person that you've never met. In either case, most singles try to date people with whom you have similar interests and values. If you have things in common, you're more likely to enjoy each other's company. However, be careful when dating because people sometimes don't show their true colors on the first, second, or fifteenth date. Furthermore, although finding dates online has become very popular, it's difficult to get to know someone through email or online. Meeting people in person along with a few friends is probably a safe way to get to know others.

MY QS IS? :shocking:

Many online dating Website offer services which you can use to find people with similar interests. Would you personally use such a site to find someone to date? Why or why not? What are some advantages to using such services, and what possible dangers can exist?

my answer is yea why not?i met a handful of nice frens from online which i stay in contact with till this day,and needless to say tonnes of sicko too, asking me lewd q,the first time chatting with me .those sleazy maniac desperado,OMG no shame,stupid(brainless,err, i mean they have brain,but never use so the brain is left to rot),lame no life(cos cant get a girl in real life i assume,@ least so desperate go and look for hooker or even call the sex line)

as the saying goes,be alert and just be smart and also the ability to sense..thats very important..SAFETY FIRST THEN FUN COME NEXT

the possiblities is just endless,its fun,i get to met all sort of interesting character from all sorts of life.i guess that one of the perks

and theirs always a disadvantages too..i always make it a point to get know people i met online for quite some time before i decide to go out with them.that time frame is what i call a probation period.should during the probation period,the person turns out to be a buaya pervs with hidden agenda,i will immediately block him from my list of contacts..and yea,theres also a probation period just to get my number as i hate it when those INCONSIDERATE pervs calls me up middle of the night for fon sex =.=||||

from all my previous experience,perv that desperate wont pass the probation test,only a handful of gentleman thats geniune make it thru..

the most extreme ones are i chat online with this lad for 1 year before i agree to meet him up :lol:

for the psycho pervs i will erase & ban him for eternity

lastly,better those sicko DIE than i die :lol1:

it is about efficiency actually, business talk here.. ppl want it quick, similar interest, similar goal in life, and certain in common.. rather than finding their own by knowing direct with friends.. why not try some dating service, it is more like scatter targeting than direct link...

direct link u met 1 brand new girl at an outing, but dating service u meeting up several girls at a time, or maybe just one but definitely she is matched to all your requirement...usually ppl hardcore in finding partner is for marriage, (please exclude the pussy hunter)... this is usually between age 26 above ladies.. and 28+ above gentleman... they concentrate in their career, don't have time to meet up new opposite gender friends... so Dating service survive!

so there is a demand, there is a supply... i like to start another kind of dating service for pre-adult as well.. haha .. i found some weird and common symptom happen in msia friends..

I'd personally prefer to meet someone through more traditional avenues...but nothing wrong with meeting someone online, it is just another form of communication afterall. The risks of course, are well documented and have been repeated in this thread already. I've never met a potential date directly online before, but there was one that I met in person, and then got to know through mIRC (mass chatroom)...so does that count? I've also made some pretty good friends via online networking sites/forums etc. It is a highly efficient way of mingling with people that are like-minded or share interests, but obviously it's also a less personal way of getting to know someone, and the risk of them lying/cheating/faking etc. is heightened.