Sign in to follow this  
Helena78

Manicure in MISSY NAILS, 1 UTAMA

Hello u ladies out there

I jz wana share with you my experience doing french manicure at MISSY NAILS,1UTAMA last saturday.

Im not a fan of manicure, but somehow i stepped into the nail boutique, and i tell u, i dunno if i will ever do manicure for the rest of my life.

THe lady attending to me is MIKO. everything was fine, until she started scrapping my cuticles and snip snip snip and suddenly OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! i shouted, and i saw blood coming out from the side of my middle finger. apparently, she had snipped off the skin of my finger. and she looked at me, and asked whether im in pain..what the hell, of course it's painful!! she tried to stop the bleeding, wiping off with the towel, which only made it worse, coz blood still came out and it was more painful..in the end, she applied a thin layer of what appeared to be transparent nail colour. she said that would stop the bleeding. and she was wrong!! its still bleeding... and i jz held back the pain during the whole process, esp when she applied nail colour.

Then during the last step, she asked whether i would like to add RM5 for fast drying layer. i said NO.........but she still applied and didnt charge me for that, i guess she wanted to compensate me in the end. and she din even apologized!

LADIES, i will not recommend u to do manicure/pedicure in MISSY NAILS, 1UTAMA as they are so INEXPERIENCED, so IMPATIENT, so UNHYGIENIC (coz i saw cockcroach crawling on the manicure table next to mine). further more, i found out that their price is more expensive (RM 45 for french manicure) if compared to another nail boutique next to Watson, 1Utama, which i later found out is only charging for RM38.

Hmm and i also doubt their skills coz my nail colours are already scrapped off even only after 2days. and the injured skin is already swollen, and still painful when in contact with water.

WHat a BAD experience i had........

I do my mani & pedi at Cineleisure @ The Nail Shop.. never go Missy Nails before.

The only time I experience the same thing Helena did was at Kuku Bar @ U-Parkson, where the lady over-snip my cuticle skins on the side and few fingers bleeding. The towel got my blood, and I was worried if the tools are hygienic which i assume they are.. but i din go AIDS testing lah. Once the bleeding started n stop, subsequent steps of manicure stung my fingers like alcohol burning. I told her painful, but i guess nothing she can do.

I never went back there anymore. I even fax a complaint letter to Kuku bar HQ, no reply.

Just wondering, is this normal? bcoz the beautician acted like it was nothing and continue stinging me.

Hi Miu

THanks for responding. I do not think that it's normal for us to hv to bleed while doing mani & pedi..I did once in Empire Tower, and the lady is so gentle. I really enjoyed my session there actually.

If bleeding is really part of mani & pedi, i dun think i will dare to try anymore. Im more concerned of the hygienic aspect to it.

Hope more of u can share ur xperience.

Thanks alot

Regards

I do my mani & pedi at Cineleisure @ The Nail Shop.. never go Missy Nails before.

The only time I experience the same thing Helena did was at Kuku Bar @ U-Parkson, where the lady over-snip my cuticle skins on the side and few fingers bleeding. The towel got my blood, and I was worried if the tools are hygienic which i assume they are.. but i din go AIDS testing lah. Once the bleeding started n stop, subsequent steps of manicure stung my fingers like alcohol burning. I told her painful, but i guess nothing she can do.

I never went back there anymore. I even fax a complaint letter to Kuku bar HQ, no reply.

Just wondering, is this normal? bcoz the beautician acted like it was nothing and continue stinging me.

how much is the mani & pedi at Cineleisure?is the services good?

Yeah I did mine too there early this year with my bf. Cant remember the gals name (dun even bother though), i agree that they are not really experience.mine luckily lar not that bad but mu nails turn out so unprofessional.looks like u ask ur little sis to cut it for u..not recommend it too

Hello ladies

I really hv to take back my words on not going to pedi/mani salon ever again. Last saturday, after my facial at Bella (Uptown) i saw a nail salon, called Nails de Spa so i decided to give it a try. it is located above Bella.

First time trial costs RM50 only for pedi/mani. If french mani, have to add RM10. The ladies are very attentive. Each customer will be attended by 2 beautician. The lady boss did the cuticle trimming and applying the colour. Her skill is unbelieavable. I really enjoyed being pampered. They even scrub my lower legs and feet and applied lotion.

1 full course will be 6 sessions, rm340 (mani & pedi). The price is reasonable for me too

Definitely recommend Nails de Spa to all of u out there :)

You girls should be very careful when going for a mani/pedi. The task of filing, clipping, coloring one's hand may seem easy to most of us but it requires a lot of technique.And not to mention, the tools they use MUST be sterilized after every usage.

Manicurists must realize that a person's hands are easily noticeable; therefore extreme care should be taken into account when she clips off the cuticles.

Bear in mind that hands and nails are MORE PRONE to infection because it is 24/7 exposed to the air. Bleeding of the cuticles should be stopped immediately and be treated with antiseptic to prevent bacterial/fungal infection.

Hello ladies

I really hv to take back my words on not going to pedi/mani salon ever again. Last saturday, after my facial at Bella (Uptown) i saw a nail salon, called Nails de Spa so i decided to give it a try. it is located above Bella.

First time trial costs RM50 only for pedi/mani. If french mani, have to add RM10. The ladies are very attentive. Each customer will be attended by 2 beautician. The lady boss did the cuticle trimming and applying the colour. Her skill is unbelieavable. I really enjoyed being pampered. They even scrub my lower legs and feet and applied lotion.

1 full course will be 6 sessions, rm340 (mani & pedi). The price is reasonable for me too

Definitely recommend Nails de Spa to all of u out there :)

ooo...did they use OPI? where in uptown is it?

ooo...did they use OPI? where in uptown is it?

Yes they use OPI.

Sorry the name of the spa is De nails spa.

Add: 30A, Jalan SS2/62,

Damansara Utama,

47400 PJ

Tel: 03-77108688

It's actually located next to Bella Skin Care, on the upper floor. Must get Apple to do for you. She's very skillful.

Im going bck to do again definitely.

Edited by Helena78

Hi,

I usually do mani and pedi when i feel like to and when i see an okay outlet.I tried Missy Nails at one utama and sad to say i think i had a very bad experiance there.The girl attending to me was very rough and i would say my mani and pedi experiance there was the worse.I vow never to go back there again.For now im glad i found two outlets that i enjoy the mani and pedi service.One of it is at the curve.The shop is located near FOS.I can't rember the name.And lately i tried gel nails at JJ nails at mont kiara and im loving it.

XOXO

hi i have been doing my manicure at subang ss15. there this shop its call artistic nails studio. they do very good mani/pedi. its perfectly clean and gentle. futhermore they have plenty of nail designs as well. its a husband and wife team. both are very good. i used to have slow growing and soft nails. after doing their treatment it started to GROW clapping.gif quite fast and strong.

QUOTE (kisskiss84 @ Jul 15 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi i have been doing my manicure at subang ss15. there this shop its call artistic nails studio. they do very good mani/pedi. its perfectly clean and gentle. futhermore they have plenty of nail designs as well. its a husband and wife team. both are very good. i used to have slow growing and soft nails. after doing their treatment it started to GROW clapping.gif quite fast and strong.

What treatment did they do to strengthen ur nails? How much?

[quote name='Helena78' date='21 July 2008 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1216630548' post='506664']
Hello u ladies out there

I jz wana share with you my experience doing french manicure at MISSY NAILS,1UTAMA last saturday.

Im not a fan of manicure, but somehow i stepped into the nail boutique, and i tell u, i dunno if i will ever do manicure for the rest of my life.

THe lady attending to me is MIKO. everything was fine, until she started scrapping my cuticles and snip snip snip and suddenly OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! i shouted, and i saw blood coming out from the side of my middle finger. apparently, she had snipped off the skin of my finger. and she looked at me, and asked whether im in pain..what the hell, of course it's painful!! she tried to stop the bleeding, wiping off with the towel, which only made it worse, coz blood still came out and it was more painful..in the end, she applied a thin layer of what appeared to be transparent nail colour. she said that would stop the bleeding. and she was wrong!! its still bleeding... and i jz held back the pain during the whole process, esp when she applied nail colour.

Then during the last step, she asked whether i would like to add RM5 for fast drying layer. i said NO.........but she still applied and didnt charge me for that, i guess she wanted to compensate me in the end. and she din even apologized!

LADIES, i will not recommend u to do manicure/pedicure in MISSY NAILS, 1UTAMA as they are so INEXPERIENCED, so IMPATIENT, so UNHYGIENIC (coz i saw cockcroach crawling on the manicure table next to mine). further more, i found out that their price is more expensive (RM 45 for french manicure) if compared to another nail boutique next to Watson, 1Utama, which i later found out is only charging for RM38.

Hmm and i also doubt their skills coz my nail colours are already scrapped off even only after 2days. and the injured skin is already swollen, and still painful when in contact with water.

WHat a BAD experience i had........
[/quote]
[size="3"]
i tried the other one next to watson;s in 1u b4 and i didnt like how they treated me and my sis.

they were quite unprofessional but we just tried tired ald from shopping to walk to find another manicure.
unprofessional still can forgive a bit lar since it's a small shop w very cramped seating so canot expect a lot lor
but the girls were quite rude to us and the one my sis had was rough on her.

my manicurist wasnt that bad but i was most annoyed was paying money for ppl to smooth my heels but only getting them to give me a courtesy "polish". might as well do myself if this is the kind of standard i get. macam, pay them to touch my heels with a lousy pumice (which btw isnt even as good as my own pumice stone i use at home and was lazy to do myself that week so decided to pay for someone to do it for me instead... coz theirs is the spongey type, if u get what i mean)

i tried a few others and almost gave up on getting good pedis liao. mani are still passable and acceptable from most places. i guess coz there's no need for smoothening hands treatment and my hands are in a lot better shape than my feet although i do quite a lot of housework compared to walking.

i did try to walk in to the bangsar village Opi one b4 but they were reallllyyyyy booked. T_____________T
i guess they are really good (and judging from the comments here) [/size][size="3"]
their pricing is slightly more expensive than the ones i tried b4 in shopping malls (not even rm10 more) which shldnt be a problem if they are as good as what ppl say and from what i see from their booked solid appointment books.[/size]
[size="3"]
so i will go get an appointment soon there and try it for myself :D

[/size]

[quote name='Helena78' timestamp='1225697886' post='524741']
Hello ladies

Definitely recommend Nails de Spa to all of u out there [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[/quote]

[quote name='Helena78' timestamp='1225697886' post='524741']
Hello ladies

Definitely recommend Nails de Spa to all of u out there [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Oh really???? what is the name of the lady boss? must look for her !

[quote name='Helena78' timestamp='1234231257' post='542081']
QUOTE (darkie @ Jan 6 2009, 09:47 PM) ooo...did they use OPI? where in uptown is it?

Yes they use OPI.
Sorry the name of the spa is De nails spa.
Add: 30A, Jalan SS2/62,
Damansara Utama,
47400 PJ
Tel: 03-77108688
It's actually located next to Bella Skin Care, on the upper floor. Must get Apple to do for you. She's very skillful.
Im going bck to do again definitely.
[/quote]

ahhh... so Apple is the lady boss??

[quote name='maguro' timestamp='1263343026' post='577797']
[size="3"]
i tried the other one next to watson;s in 1u b4 and i didnt like how they treated me and my sis.

they were quite unprofessional but we just tried tired ald from shopping to walk to find another manicure.
unprofessional still can forgive a bit lar since it's a small shop w very cramped seating so canot expect a lot lor
but the girls were quite rude to us and the one my sis had was rough on her.

my manicurist wasnt that bad but i was most annoyed was paying money for ppl to smooth my heels but only getting them to give me a courtesy "polish". might as well do myself if this is the kind of standard i get. macam, pay them to touch my heels with a lousy pumice (which btw isnt even as good as my own pumice stone i use at home and was lazy to do myself that week so decided to pay for someone to do it for me instead... coz theirs is the spongey type, if u get what i mean)

i tried a few others and almost gave up on getting good pedis liao. mani are still passable and acceptable from most places. i guess coz there's no need for smoothening hands treatment and my hands are in a lot better shape than my feet although i do quite a lot of housework compared to walking.

i did try to walk in to the bangsar village Opi one b4 but they were reallllyyyyy booked. T_____________T
i guess they are really good (and judging from the comments here) [/size][size="3"]
their pricing is slightly more expensive than the ones i tried b4 in shopping malls (not even rm10 more) which shldnt be a problem if they are as good as what ppl say and from what i see from their booked solid appointment books.[/size]
[size="3"]
so i will go get an appointment soon there and try it for myself :D

[/size]
[/quote]

The one next in One Utama next to Watson is called The Nail Parlour. I patronise them quite often as im just working next door. Not only the places are crammed, the lady boss is quite cocky too. Mind you, there are alot of transexual from Philiphines working inside, nothing against them but i just find it annoying they keep speaking to each other in Tagalog commenting about customer's boyfriends who walked in with them. They even asked me if my boyfriend has any brother, of cos i take it as a joke and nothing serious but still i think professionalism ought to be maintained in service line.

One of the ladyboy cut my skin accidentally and apologise profusely so its still ok for me to acccept. Neverthereless i heard them complaining to local malay girl (works there) that they are staying in Pelangi Condo and very crammed plus how their lady boss is very stingy with them, bla bla bla..

One of the best i mani & pedi i have tried before was JJ in Sg Wang but i think they have moved