Sign in to follow this  
micyuki

Not eating rice to lose weight?

I do really eat a lot. I back to my kampung every week to eat my mom's dishes. But I don't really eat properly in the college.

I am so sad as my weight is gaining I am 162cm but I am 56kgs.It is really a lot anr probably will lead to obesity.I am so frustrated,angry with myself. Can anyone help me???I really don't know what I suppose to do ..........

annie90.

For 162cm and 56kg, your BMI should be normal. However, i notice that the way you eat in college is totally different from the way you eat at home. this way, your body will have to work much harder to digest the food u took during the weekends, instead of trying to help u burn away the food. I find the food u take in college totally lack of nutrient. The fact that your period stop is not a good sign at all.

Try this to get your body into normal cycle.

Drink nutrifresh in the morning with your fruits. Nutrifresh is best drink in the morning. For your poor diet, i suggest u drink Nutrifresh for noon and nite also. Increase your intake of fruits and vegetable. Remember, u have to eat until 70% full... get your body in weekdays to this so your body wont undergo a shock when u eat a lot during the weekends.

Try eat less of those gardenia bread and muesli bars... go take normal cook food instead. those stuffs contain a lot of chemicals and preservatives which are harmful to our body.

By the way, u do not have to do special exercise like jogging or swimming to workout your body... take 5 - 10 minutes before you bathe. hide yourself in the bathroom (if you are sharing room) and shake and jump (like a mad woman, hahaa) until u sweat a little. then cool down before u go for bath. i always do this. this way, you work out your body too.

I think you should not worry about your weight now, you are not overweight at all. I think u should think of the way of getting your period again and also on getting a balanced diet.

i use nutrilite supplement for weight loss.

Fyi, you can find some info from this blog:

http://nutriliteforlife.blogspot.com/searc...ht%20Management

Hey Neo Samurai..Thanks for the brilliant advice!!

Oops, didn't see this until now...but glad I could help. :)

annie90: You sound like a binge eater. There is a lot of good dietary advice floating around this forum, but basically you shouldn't binge eat on w/ends and then attempt a low carb diet on weekdays. If you really want to make a change you need to stick to a routine, as I suggested earlier in the thread its not good to starve yourself as your body will slow its metabolism down in order to store whatever little nutrition it receives as fat. Try to eat small meals 5 - 6 times a day to increase your metabolism, also eating until you vomit is incredibly bad for your system! I'm a big food lover as well, but you have to practice moderation! You can still eat your mother's cooking, but have some restraint and enjoy the food for its quality, not quantity. I think once you manage to kerb that particular bad habit, you'll see improvements and maintain a consistent and healthy weight.

You still need some carbohydrates (Rice) in your diet~! just don't overtake it will do ~! your body need the nutrients in the carbo

like many others had mentioned, exercise, balanced meal, vege~! thats the only way~!

no short cut ... lol

Juzjune and Neo Samurai,thanks for your advices. So sorry yeah because I am just come back from college. This fasting month is so suffering as the cafes didn't open and everyday I eat bread and apples.I know I am totally lack of nutrients as everytime I get hurt such as bitten by mosquitoes it will leave the black scars and never heal like normal skin. Morever I feel I am getting slower in study and becomes stupid!Urgh....Perhaps I really need to take more nutrients.

My GF told me to reduce rice since i have put on so much weight recently. :( What else..Supper LO, haiz :shakehead: I trying hard to control my diet now, cos she keep calling me 'fei chai' ^_^

i heard tat help~

i wonder also ~

but after reading Jna's post , it did help ~

i will try~

im actually reducing the amount of taking rice

hehe~

You still need some carbohydrates (Rice) in your diet~! just don't overtake it will do ~! your body need the nutrients in the carbo

like many others had mentioned, exercise, balanced meal, vege~! thats the only way~!

no short cut ... lol

you can get carb from dark green vege. and ya, if really wanna take rice, take multigrain rice or brown rice... white rice is a no-no

it doesn't really help. just take your dinner before 7pm and that will do. of course, in between you have to control yourself not too eat too many fatty and oily foods. do exercise!

It helps me to lose some weight after I stopped eating rice for a few months.

THe reason you lost weight was because there was a calorie deficit in your diet once you stopped the rice, meaning, you were eating less than what your body requires. You can achieve the same effect by reducing any type of food (especially oily/sugared, as they contain more calories), and not necessarily rice. There's nothing wrong with rice in my opinion - it is healthy! No oil, no fat! The problem is that we just eat too much of it, and blame it all on the rice.

For example, its silly to suffer and to skip rice, and eat fried chicken instead.

It helps me to lose some weight after I stopped eating rice for a few months.

Oh well, that happens to most of us! Its not easy living in a country with so many festivals to celebrate and have all sorts of food!

it's true!

but u still have to eat..

but less..

it helped me to lose some weight..

but now i gain it back d

><

cause of CNY~

lol!

waaa....not eating rice???

i dun think its a gud idea, bt it depends on u la..

i've done this before,not eating rice for 2 weeks, and it works!~

but just for a short term la..my body getting chubby after that..

coz i'm not really a discipline person..hehe

now i never skip eating rice everyday..

coz i found sumthing really works and suitable for me..

hehehe...

www.slimityourself.fizalstore.com

Its funny.. my replies always seem to attract all those quick-fix slimming product sellers.

waaa....not eating rice???

i dun think its a gud idea, bt it depends on u la..

i've done this before,not eating rice for 2 weeks, and it works!~

but just for a short term la..my body getting chubby after that..

coz i'm not really a discipline person..hehe

now i never skip eating rice everyday..

coz i found sumthing really works and suitable for me..

hehehe...

www.slimityourself.fizalstore.com

I am thinking of not eating rice to lose weight. Does it work? I eat rice everyday ehhh....or how to lose weight? :shocking:

Hmm,

Not sure the original TS still read this : )

Now, White RICE - is simple carbohydrate. Its one of the macro nutrient or food group. Simple carbo like rice, mee, bee hoon, K. teow, pasta, white bread, donut, etc. give you instant fuel by converting to body fat and store in you(promise it wont be wasted : p, it will stay in you).

You feel good after your meal with rice / simple carbo especially after an oversize meal. What happen is that your blood sugar spike up and when your blood sugar comes down you "Gantok" : p

Now all food group convert to body fat and can make you store addition body fat for later use (or survival) However, given the modern lifestyle, we do not use the stored body fat but keep adding it via e.g rice or simple carbo. Anyway, i do not want to get too technical. : p

To lose weight, you need watch your meal plan and stay as active as possible. By reducing carbohydrate (Rice) certainly will help. Why it will help, that you got to read up.

Now, do watch out for the carbo withdrawal syndrome - like feeling weak, hot temper, moody, etc. But these symptom wont hurt you a bit.

Now, carbo may sound "bad" but remember do not cut carbo completely for straight 3 days, you can "kill" yourself. That was what i read. When you cut, remember to get good complex carbo from fiber or from other sources ok. Also given our modern society, its hard to go with out completely for even the next 3 hours : ) Sugar is also carbo. So do learn to watch out for hidden carbo.

Now, then ensure that you do not compromise your daily nutrition. Up your good fat and Protein intake.

I read a book, cutting carbo or controlling carbo is good thing because in fact a lot medical or modern illness are due to the carbo overload eating habit. Nasi lemak, mix rice, all thype of mee, bee hone. Try to look and study, even a kids will tell you, the bulk of it is, Carbo : )

How to lose weight? That is a huge question : ) but not rocket science.

I do not want to sound "cocky" but you know there are so many methods out there. So do some study.

As a whole, to lose weight: First, learn and know the real cause, then let it happen. Cheers.

Edited by kimnelaine

Carbs, or any other macronutrient for that matter is ONLY converted to fat if it is more than what our calorie requirement for the day is, regardless whether it comes from carbs, fat or protein.

Hmm,

Not sure the original TS still read this : )

Now, White RICE - is simple carbohydrate. Its one of the macro nutrient or food group. Simple carbo like rice, mee, bee hoon, K. teow, pasta, white bread, donut, etc. give you instant fuel by converting to body fat and store in you(promise it wont be wasted : p, it will stay in you).

You feel good after your meal with rice / simple carbo especially after an oversize meal. What happen is that your blood sugar spike up and when your blood sugar comes down you "Gantok" : p

Now all food group convert to body fat and can make you store addition body fat for later use (or survival) However, given the modern lifestyle, we do not use the stored body fat but keep adding it via e.g rice or simple carbo. Anyway, i do not want to get too technical. : p

To lose weight, you need watch your meal plan and stay as active as possible. By reducing carbohydrate (Rice) certainly will help. Why it will help, that you got to read up.

Now, do watch out for the carbo withdrawal syndrome - like feeling weak, hot temper, moody, etc. But these symptom wont hurt you a bit.

Now, carbo may sound "bad" but remember do not cut carbo completely for straight 3 days, you can "kill" yourself. That was what i read. When you cut, remember to get good complex carbo from fiber or from other sources ok. Also given our modern society, its hard to go with out completely for even the next 3 hours : ) Sugar is also carbo. So do learn to watch out for hidden carbo.

Now, then ensure that you do not compromise your daily nutrition. Up your good fat and Protein intake.

I read a book, cutting carbo or controlling carbo is good thing because in fact a lot medical or modern illness are due to the carbo overload eating habit. Nasi lemak, mix rice, all thype of mee, bee hone. Try to look and study, even a kids will tell you, the bulk of it is, Carbo : )

How to lose weight? That is a huge question : ) but not rocket science.

I do not want to sound "cocky" but you know there are so many methods out there. So do some study.

As a whole, to lose weight: First, learn and know the real cause, then let it happen. Cheers.

[i seldom eat rice one. Once in a blue moon only. But i cant lose any weight also. :(

But i do eat breads]

I agree with you. I think I really seldom eat rice already but my body like "PIg" .When I was 15, I didn't "touch" the rice for almost 2 years and now I am 18. I never eat the rice except my friend "da bao" for me if I didn't come back on weekend. I also never touch the bread but yet people always call me as giant horse, pig or elephant. I do exercise, especially jogging. I can run very long time but yet? Fat Like a pig....Last week I went to clinic to buy the Duromine, it works while I stay in the hostel ( Kolej Martikulasi) but I cannot consume the Duromine when I am back to home as not to reveal this secret to my mom. I eat as normal just for 2 days and FAT again...Hate my body....Later noon I am going back again, I want to consume the Duromine for a week more....hehe Edited by annie90