Sign in to follow this  
micyuki

Not eating rice to lose weight?

Reducing the amount of carbohydrates (rice, pasta, potatoes, anything with flour etc) you consume everyday will help you lose weight. However, after not eating carbos for like, about a week, you will start craving for it! I know because I've gone through it.

The best way to lose weight is still to reduce your overall calorie intake and exercise more.

almost half yr never touch rice since i start atkins diet until now. Really works! but now for maintain i switch from atkins to low GI diet for more healthy as I take low GI fruits and breads. Trying to add back carbs slowly and work towards zone diet (normal healthy eating)

if u really cannot stay away frm rice my suggestiong is u eat rice for ur morning - noon. as for dinner don't take rice or carb food (such as mee, breads and roti canai) bcoz u don't need carbs at night as u go to sleep. by just change abit of ur diet style u can lose weight, really. Hope this helps.

Eating rice is not fattening, but eat moderate.

Actually is depend on our body metabolism, it determine how much amount we take in for calories and convent to fats dense.

That why, some eat a bit of food will suddenly see an increase in weight gain while some no matter how much food they eat, u hardly can see any physical changes on them.

The correct way to lose weight is to excerise regularly, eat healthy diet and fruits. Try not eat too much at 1 go during your meal. If you think you are half full, stop eating later continue when you are hungry again. This is to control your food intake and easy for your stomach to digest.

Hope it help you.

you can try replacing rice with oats during dinner. works well for me :)

:rolleyes: Hmm thanks for your replies! My metabolism errrrrr...not that high la, that's y eat a bit then put on weight!!! :mumbling: Hahaa...when megasales start to :loser: coz cnt fit in nice clothes! hahaha...Hmm if I choose not to eat rice, that means eat dishes only? Hmm, around me where I work is all RICE! woaHH~~~!

you can try replacing rice with oats during dinner. works well for me :)

Hm! Good idea. But plain oats? Or got add stuff to make it tastier? :D Sounds good sounds good. Does it last through the night? Hope won't get hungry! haha

Actually if you still wanna eat rice but not gain weight, you could consider trying brown rice. I eat brown rice and it's more filling and even healthier than white rice.

Hm! Good idea. But plain oats? Or got add stuff to make it tastier? :D Sounds good sounds good. Does it last through the night? Hope won't get hungry! haha

just plain oats will do ;) you can actually eat the oats with other dishes..taste like porridge... heheee. Dont worry bout getting hungry at night because it will last, if still hungry then maybe grab some fruits as snacks lor..

I wanna share an easy diet tip here. I am 29 years old and my metabolic rate has always been extremely low until I tried the green tea diet. Basically u can eat anything u want throughout the day (and night) as long as you drink a lot (I mean 5-6 teabags) of green tea the next day. This is to be repeated on a daily basis for at least 5 days in a week. It really helps to control my weight (and I keep losing some too, depending on the amount of my food intake).

Actually if you still wanna eat rice but not gain weight, you could consider trying brown rice. I eat brown rice and it's more filling and even healthier than white rice.

yaya I do that too. Brown rice is very filling so eat just half amount of white rice will do. But at first I find brown rice abit yucky so I mix white and brown and then slowly change to all brown.

Also try to cut out all sweet drinks. That has killer lots of calories. One teh tarik has 1tablespoon of sugar and 2tablespoon of condense milk :shocking: and 1can of coke has 7spoons of sugar

I went on this crazy diet about a year ago.

I lost about 9kg in 2 mths.

Its quite simple.

For breakfast, I had a meal replacement drink (I drank herbalife) as I don't really have an appetite to eat in the morning. Since Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, better not let your stomache be empty.

For lunch, I will only eat half the portion.

Skipped dinner.

Sleep early like 9 or 10.

I only did very light exercise during these 2 months. As I was very overweight and if I exercise, I'll tend to eat more. and I'll still be at the same weight.

During these 2 mths, I try to not eat rice, not drink sugary drinks and eat more vegetables and fruits.

I find that I have very good skin condition and that I am 9kgs lighter after 2 mths!

On average if you're losing weight, the safe standard is 1kg per week - so 9kgs in 2 months is still ok.

BabyHudu's diet is good, but note that it might not apply to everybody. Your body weight, height and composition can be different, so check first.

The rule of the thumb is: some carbs are ok. If you want you can just reduce the amount of rice you take and substitute with more meat and vegetables. :) Its not necessary to eliminate rice from your diet entirely. And like BabyHudu says, light exercise - not too excessive where it exceeds your threshold and makes you hungry. :)

BabyHudu listens to her body - everyone else should too. :D Good luck!

i guess i am just lacking of discipline

i dun eat alot

my rice is pitifully little

but maybe i eat late and hardly move about (always sit in office and work)

hard to reduce weight

and yeah, i think i shud skip the carbs during the night

since i eat late :P

i am on the green tea thingy too

but i usually drink 1 or 2 bags a day...

5 to 6 bags like too much ady :P

5-6 teabags? Wow...Doesnt that make u jittery and cannot sleep. I drink one a day and I am so jittery. Dahlah I am a recreational coffee drinker so I am used to high amounts of caffein. I tried to go off coffee for 1 week and ganti with green tea and i was like the energizer bunny. That aside...green tea is a thermogenic tea. It encourages usage of body fuel to make heat...its quite good for losing weight but still have to cut back on food cause the green tea only does so much..

I’ve been practicing that for the longest time now. But somehow it doesn’t seem to work coz I always end up eating other fatty food, hehe. I try to drink lots of green tea too whenever I can but still no results yet

The best way to lose weight is to have a balanced diet combined with exercise. No way around it. Decreasing your rice intake will only help if you eat an excessive amount of rice in your diet to begin with...otherwise it could leave you feeling a bit lethargic since you have less energy to burn.

Now i think ive got a problem. As ive mentioned earlier, i cut down on rice intake, only oats or just buns sometimes. Now heres the thing, i go to the gym like every alternate days and i always find myself having less energy to work out. Very often, through out 30 mins of work out, i will get very very tired already. I think it has to do with my food intake through out the day, cuz i dont really eat much, and i try hard to not touch rice.......for fear that i would gain weight, but somehow my current eating habit is still not helping me in the gym.

My question is, what should i take in order for me to have more energy during work out, and at the same time not making me gain weight?

Anyone with good advise would be much appreciated. TQ

Now i think ive got a problem. As ive mentioned earlier, i cut down on rice intake, only oats or just buns sometimes. Now heres the thing, i go to the gym like every alternate days and i always find myself having less energy to work out. Very often, through out 30 mins of work out, i will get very very tired already. I think it has to do with my food intake through out the day, cuz i dont really eat much, and i try hard to not touch rice.......for fear that i would gain weight, but somehow my current eating habit is still not helping me in the gym.

My question is, what should i take in order for me to have more energy during work out, and at the same time not making me gain weight?

Anyone with good advise would be much appreciated. TQ

First of all, your avatar is darn distracting! :lol:

Secondly, you need a balanced diet so that you have enough energy to fulfil your daily routine. I suggest that you try to break down your meals into 5 - 6 smaller portions throughout the day. This will increase your metabolism for starters, so your body will burn fat a lot quicker. You don't necessarily have to eat a lot, but cutting out carbs and half starving yourself isn't the way to go about it either. I suggest that before a workout you try a protein shake, or eat tuna on brown bread w/ greens. A banana is also a good choice, it has lots of potassium. You can take these around 30 mins (if its a liquid meal) - 1hr (for solids) prior to your workout, and it should give you enough energy to sustain your gym session. ^_^

There are several ways to lose weight but how to determine which one is the best among them is the big question. The best way to lose weight is to choose a program or a weight loss plan which suits one's body. I would like to provide one site "http://www.only4deals.com/" where we can reserve the tickets at low airfare and it is comfortable in accommodation and price. Once have a look on the site. I am sure that it is really useful to you people. Have a nice trip.

I would like to provide one site "http://www.only4deals.com/" where we can reserve the tickets at low airfare and it is comfortable in accommodation and price. Once have a look on the site. I am sure that it is really useful to you people. Have a nice trip.

Uhh...okay..how is THIS relevant to the topic again?

I am thinking of not eating rice to lose weight. Does it work? I eat rice everyday ehhh....or how to lose weight? :shocking:

yes, you'll lose alot. Im into sugar blockaged diet, which includes not eating carbo like rice, pasta, anything that has flour. Also not eating anything with sugar, only meat, fish, chicken, tofu, eggs, milk, green leafy veggies. for i lost. 1.5 kls per week..its my 3rd wk now..i'll stop and go back to my healthy diet when i reached my ideal weight...5 more kls to go! hehehe..

Hey,girls.I am 17 years old and gonna to be 18 this December. Since end of 2005, I didn't touch rice at all even if I eat I

ate very little.Now the problem is my weight LANGSUNG maintain and I still can't lose till 48 kgs. But, I have to admit that I really have eating disorder. I am studying in the KOLEJ MATRIKULASI and mostly come back to hometown during weekend. Then, my mom cooks ssssoooo delicious such as chicken soup, steam fish etc for me as she knows that I don't eat a proper meal there. Every weekeed,I will eat until vomit.Really vomit everything after eating as I really eat nonstop. I can't resist those food. But at my college there,I eat...

Morning : 1 cup of oat+2 wheat bread (Gardenia) + 1 apple

Lunch : Nutrifresh mix drink (Excel) or a plate of plain vegetables+fried egg

After classes, I eat pear and 1 packet of biscuit

Dinner : Quaker Oat+Sunlac milk powder+Muesli, Digestive biscuits/2 packets of IKO, orange

And since this year, I don't have my period. I didn't exercise after I enter the college but before that I went for yoga classes very single day. The problem is my weight keeps increasing but not decreasing.I am so upset about my weight and till I wear baju kurung there. Many Chinese always wonder why I want to be "Malay" but don't want to wear skirt.Even my wardrobe only I only have a mini skirt and I wore once during CNY. I scare that if I expose these FAT,people will laugh at me as my leg is also considered as O shape.

This problems has been bugging me since looong time ago and yet I don't know what to do. I tried before,eating pils,drank Junavex, ran everyday 10rounds,went for yoga classes,but HaiZ~~~ :(

cutting your daily calorie intake too low will cause your body to go through "starvation mode" - means, your body will feel that it is lack of food. so whenever you eat, your body will automatically absorb all the food to prevent hunger, aka, weight gain. your daily intake should not be lower than 1200cals per day.

try adding more calories in your daily intake. slowly, it will adjust and start loosing weight again.