Sign in to follow this  
akindoftelectual

Nightlife in Sunway : Coca Banana, Republic and Bar Celona

i went to bar celona on friday night two weeks ago. We opened 3 bottles of Dewars at RM270 each. Its more expensive if u open less than 3 bottles. Music was nice R&B, a bit like Ghetto Heaven @ Zouk when DJ Goldfish and T-Bone was spinning (but not as good).

Crowd was a good mix. A few lalas but the area is very spacious so it wasnt that cramped. toilet is big too so not a long queue

barcelona is absolutely a NO n DONT!

if you dun mind about the overcrowding ppl where you can hardly move or even dance

and you have to force your way in it

the music is aint so good..

the stage is really boring~ there is 2 stage.. 1 is way overcrowding.. another one is way empty = =" rumms stage is way better

alot of underage teens always go there..~

Firstly, Sunway got 3 main clubs : CocoBanana, MOS (Euphoria), and Bar-Celona

Hang out/ drink place (not so for clubbing) : Borneo (Opposite Euphoria) , Rainforest, Republic.

For my experience, I don't fancy CocoBanana... I just don't have the feel there.. and just when I was about to go there for happy hour, I don't see any chairs to sit.. no one even bother to assist me to somewhere where I can have a drink..that was months back though.. I don't know about now..

Then for Bar-Celona, I went there quite a few times already, I can say, the place is so crowded... fights at least once a week, and so many lala's there... You can expect to see underage gals as some of you said, and yeah.. darn crowded. I don't know why.. everytime when I go there ... I don't know whether it is coincidently or something, but they always play Sean-Kingston songs.. Lol.. weird for me! So I don't like going there either.. I can't even talk/walk/dance properly.. too many people.

Euphoria, I say, although it's expensive.. but it's not bad lah. I recommend that- if you don't like to see lala girls or underage people.. haha...

Republic... that one, is more of a Bar something like Laundry..'cause it's from the same company.. so if you wanna have a drink without dancing, or watch your favourite football match with beers, or just hanging out 'so called yum-char' there.. then I say, this would be the place.. since it's open air and you can talk without shouting cause the music won't be that loud.. =)

So I hope this helps.. hehez.

barcelona - too crowded. ther is once i went and dey squezze all 30 of us into 1 mini sized table... bcos the vip room are full

coco banana - nice atmosphere... quite spacious

euphoria - i dunbno why but i just dun like it... may be a best plc for non smoker bcos dey do not allow clubbers to smoke at the dance floor

Let’s see:

Barcelona – went there for a friend’s hen’s night. It’s BIG but I hate the fact that they pack everyone up like sardines in a can. They should just limit entrance once the club is packed. Started sweating after a while so I left early. Besides, I think the bottle isn’t real too! Music wise - it's not too bad, mostly R&B. Party goers are mostly kids (some are really young, i wonder how they got in in the first place) who also think they can dance but can't, haha.

Republic – True, it’s somewhat like Laundry. I reckon would be a good place to sit down and have drinks quietly. BUT I probably won’t be going there again coz they tried to cheat me when I ordered my captain morgan rum with coke. The was no alcohol in it, just pure vanilla coke and my hubby got so pissed off coz one of the waiter couldn't even speak english.

Either way I’m boycotting both places. Would love to check out Euphoria next

i was at euphoria 2 nights ago.. that was like my 3rd time there.. the 1st and 2nd time, i was there coz of the car show and we had a VIP room to ourselves on the 2nd floor.. hence we could see the dance floor.. the dance floor is REALLY BIG and spacious.. what i like about euphoria is that it's a non smoking club.. for me, a non smoker it's like heaven.. coz i do not have to wash my hair after clubbing coz of the ciggie smell.. and it's NOT stuffy.. alcohols are expensive in euphoria.. a jug of beer cost rm60 and cover charge is rm50 including 1 drink..

besides the dance floor where they play dance music, there's 'the deq' where u can chill out with friends.. normally u can easily find a table to sit and chill.. they play r&b.. nice spot to spot those ang mohs.. hahaha.. also u can sit outdoor too if u feel it's too cold in 'the deq'..

overall, i like euphoria.. i don't drink much hence i'm not worried about the overpriced alcohols.. and i've NOT sweat in that club! :P~

any1 know what coco banana & MOS offer for ladies night? and when is it ?

Don't like Bar Celona. Went there on New Year Day after Countdown, the place was dreadfully crowded. About 1 or 2 fighting took place when me and my frenz got there (coz we witnessed d bouncers dragging the guys out of the bar), the floor was so wet and dirty (thank God, I did not wear my new stilettos otherwise I'm gonna cursed all night long) and I don't like the music there, too. And yes, a lot of lala gals and JJ guys. DJ is not really good, too.

Overall, I don't like it. Should have listen to some of your advises here.

Babes,

I went to Euphoria on saturday night, and guess what, that place was freakin' empty.

Like, you literally can count heads in the techno dance floor. It wasn't pack at all!

And you know, clubbing is not only about the music, but also about the crowd as well!!

Imagine walking into a club with cool music blasting through, but only a few ppl dancing??? Ouch...

Plus, the rnb dance area, is sooooooo small, and the songs suck big time, they were playing Sean kingston and i hate that guy!

Anyway, my review is that, that place is WAY overpriced.

And the waiters/waitresses kept on pestering me and my group of frens to get drinks! Throughout the night!

I give MOS Euphoria a 3/10. ;(

I agree with u Sharon, I went there once on a Friday night, and it was so empty..

And it's already like 11pm when I reached. Gosh, and there's no one dancing on the dance floor!

at 12am only the crowd starts to dance, and that also like.. just a few of them??

Haha.. but if you want the crowd ar, must go on Thursday night. darn a lot people.

The drinks for me is okay lah. But for Coco Banana right, NEVER go there- it sucks man...

Firstly, they said the Cocktail 'sex on the beach' is a shooter.

2nd, Slippery nipple is a cocktail, not shooter. Gosh, the waiter don't know anything!!

and my drinks sucks. I ordered Tequila pop and I can't pop at all.. They added sprite till the glass is full.

Man, how to pop la. Funny only.. esh esh. :blink:

=(!

i've been craving to head over to bar celona and coco banana since they opened.. but my peeps just dont seem to get past maison, scarlet, n stuff like that..

give me a ring if u're popping over to bar celona or coco banana on weekends.. man i need a freshener... lol..

Went to MOS ysday night and it was packed!

but the DJ was lousy... music didnt get us into the mood. Maybe shud go on other days where they play pop, and RnB.

But the dancefloor was awesome! It vibrates to the music... :D

MOS ladies night on thursday. Free CC and one drinks included.

I've only been to Bar Celona once. The charges arent too pricey as far as i can remember, abit crowded though make me sweat like crap.

A fight broke out and jugs were flying,good thing i wasnt in the middle of the cross fire. The last time i went there i remember they had dancers

dancing on the bar every hourly or so.

MOS is great, decent dancefloor size (where you can actually move around in relative to the Bar Celona's dancefloor)the dancefloor is made of some sort of wood or so i've heard which vibrates in resonance with the loud music thats why

they claim they've got a vibrating dance floor just so you know and do correct me if im wrong. Non smoking club, but no fret smokers they've got a smoking room for you which could be packed

in no time considering the number of smokers we have lol. Drinks are quite pricey and they have bars where u can just stand and chill for a while after a good run at the dancefloor.