Sign in to follow this  
Mon Mon

COLLAGEN for FACE!

As I started this topic, I think its appriopriate to briefly explain what's collagen.

Collagen, another name for connective tissue, is protein that long, fibrous structural proteins (peptide chain) that was found in the dermis layer. It made up the fibroblast and it gives our skin strength and elasticity. There are 28 different kinds of collagen that made up the whole body but basically there's only 4 major collagen that is over 90% found of our body.

Collagen products are all over the market, and claim that it's all effective to restore the skin elasticity for a smoother and firmer skin. But how does it work?

As I mention, collagen are peptide chain that forms a fibroblast together with elastin and Glycosaminoglycans (GAGS) to build skin firmness, elasticity and tightness. Due to this layer of fibroblast are only found in the dermis layer (the deepest layer) it is difficult for some products to deliver it's ingredient deep to the dermis layer to fill in the lost of collagen and etc. Therefore, it's a must to have nanosized molecule of these content that effectively deliver down to the deepest layer.

As I discover recently, I notice that there's many new products in the market that claim that their Collagen product are 100% collagen. So my question is, since the basic to have firm and elastic skin is as I mentioned? Then what does 100% collagen do? Is the purpose is to have firm, and elastic younger skin or just to fill in the collagen?

So what do you think?

By the way, Please list down the product that target the collagen matter.

Let me start first.

1) Intenseplus Collagen Plus Essence - Stimulate collagen production in fibroblast and cell metabolism activities. Claim to contain Sturgent Fish Caviar

2) Intenseplus Collagen Sheet Mask - Multiply action targeting on oil-controling, whitening and soothing problems. Main is to target aging skin.

3) Intenseplus Collagen Eye Therapy - To boost firmness and lifting effect. Claim to be effective on wrinkle eye.

A friend of mine juust had collagen injected into the bridge of her nose...to make it look "higher". Oh and she did her chin as well.

Apparently...according to the beautician that did her nose and chin, collagen can also be injected into the boobs.

What I know abt Collagen is...

Collagen molecules are too big to penetrate into skin therefore those collagen molecules are stay on skin surface for moisturising purposes only.

Those downsized collagen molecules are not called collagen anymore.

Collagen injection is to plump up the saggy skin to give skin firmness. Nowaday Hyaluronic acid injection tends to replace collagen injection because many ppl caught allergy of collagen injection.

:) Fyi, Hyaluronic acid is a popular ingredient of hydration. It can holds 1000times of water of its weight. Another name of HA is Sodium Hyaluronate.

HTHs. :)

I've read about a collagen "beauty" drink that is supposed to help build healthier skin from the inside out.

Has anyone else ever heard about the collagen drink?

collagen drink? is it something like emiteen ( how's the correct spelling?) or meiji?

i ve few questions about the collagen supplement......

can everyone take it???

what happen if a person as young as 19 start taking?

can cancer patient take it? ( i mean those who had gone through chemo 4-5 years ago...)

thank u..

Collagen must be broken down into smaller particles to enable the body and skin to absorb it better. Collagen is hydrolysed for this purpose.

I dont really believe that collagen in creams/masks can penetrate the skin as well as those to be consumed orally/ingested. Collagen in creams/masks tend to plump and hydrate skin temporarily ie; good for a quick fix. But consuming collagen supplements will help skin in the long run.

Nways, collagen beauty drinks these days are aplenty. I personally consume Meiji Amino Collagen and results were seen as early as 2 weeks. 5000mg of hydrolysed marine collagen + 60mg of glucosamine, 50mg of vitamin c and 2 other amino acids per scoop. I have also consumed Super Collagen by NeoCell. 6600mg of hydrolysed bovine collagen + 19 amino acids per scoop.

Other types may come in pill or liquid form. Eg of brand in pill form - Etsu. Liquid - Fancl TenseUp.

Btw, I think what Wendy Blue meant is Imedeen. That's a skin supplement containing marine extracts (Biomarine complex) which aids the production of collagen in the body.

Collagen production deteroriates in one's body past age 25. So my take is to start consuming after 25. 19 is a tad too young, tinytomato. As for whether or not former cancer patients can consume, it's best to seek doctor's opinion.

Oh ya, always remember that when you're consuming collagen supplements, it has to be on an empty stomach as collagen is to be ingested not digested. And try to wait a minimum of 30 minutes before eating after consuming a collagen supplement. Collagen supplement if mixed with food will serve the body no purpose and will only go to waste.

It's also best to consume a collagen supplement with a hyaluronic acid supplement. If u cant get pure HA supplement in the market, try glucosamine or MSM supplements. And also up your vitamin C intake. Collagen works best with vitamin C. ;)

i ve few questions about the collagen supplement......

can everyone take it???

what happen if a person as young as 19 start taking?

can cancer patient take it? ( i mean those who had gone through chemo 4-5 years ago...)

thank u..

I think 19 is too early to start off with collagen drink la... even face cream also don't need.

cancer patient have to seek doctors advise first.... somemore, different type of cancer and cause of cancer also will influence the answer.

i have been taking bird nest since 3 years ago, my mum boiled it for me every week, wonder it is good for collagen, hehehe 8)

yes yes, my grandmum has been taking bird nest for many years, her skin is superb u know :wink3: ha!

i have been taking bird nest since 3 years ago, my mum boiled it for me every week, wonder it is good for collagen, hehehe 8)

waa... so 'hao ming'... got bird nest every week ar...

i onli take 'xie er' white fungal to replace bird nest onli :P

and yes... it's very good for collagen. both of this got same effect. just that the price vary so much.... haha... so i take the cheaper version :)

waa... so 'hao ming'... got bird nest every week ar...

i onli take 'xie er' white fungal to replace bird nest onli :P

and yes... it's very good for collagen. both of this got same effect. just that the price vary so much.... haha... so i take the cheaper version :)

WendyBlue,

'Xie er' contain collagen one meh? Wow, if yes, i will take it more often lor...it's cheap and easy to prepare...

Has anyone tried BerryGen - made from Collagen and Berries Extract - from Naturcare? Does it work?

I am thinking of buying as it claims to have anti oxidants, give us radiant skin and remove dark circles after 2 wks and stronger hair and nails after 8 weeks.

(PS : I am not a distributer , just want to find out from anyone who have tried! )

I have tried BerryGen that have marine collagen within.

Dont know whether it was fluke or not but lots of my friends said that my face become brighter and my complexion smoother.

In fact, I met a 66 year old man who looked like he was only 50. Most interestingly, this old guy was attending my internet mastery class and could actually create a blog and embedded a video within his blog. This is something abnormal considering most old folks cannot remember the many steps and clicks in computer applications.

Must have been the gingko biloba and CoQ10 inside the BerryGen.
Anyway should you wish to read more about BerryGen and even buy it with free shipping for the 1st 5000 orders from Tupperware International, check out the link below.
http://popular.demandby.com/content/intern...re-lovers-group

There's something similar to BerryGen in GNC. It's by GNC Garden Greens and it's called Berry Splash. RM189.90. It's a powdered form of mixed berries + green tea, acai berries included.

I am consuming BerryGen now after seeing results on my friend. She used to have dark spots on her back and wearing barebacks will be the death of her. After a month of consuming BerryGen, her dark spots which has been around for ages, starts to lightened up and it has gotten better after consuming BerryGen. My colleague also commented that my skin looks radiant these days. Another product which I find yield good results is Fancl Collagen drink, but it's not available in Malaysia. A friend of mine in Spore take this drink religiously and she has crystal clear skin.

heys, where can we buy BerryGen? how much is it?

Any cheaper alternatives? i've never taken any collagen supplements b4, but im interested in taking them.......what abt the Total Image Collagen supplements? Are they good?

You can get BerryGen from any Tupperware dealers. Try calling Tupperware and check with them which are the nearest dealers to your place. I don't have Tupperware contact number 'coz I got my supplies from another friend who is an agent too. Perhaps 'google' to find the contact number.

Hi Teff,I have read "My Beauty Reviews" and understand you are taking Neocell Super Collagen.
May I know does this collagen work and what other supplements are suppose to be taken to enhance the potency of this collagen.I am also having arthritis. Can this collagen be obtained in Malaysia? Thanks.

============================================[email="snowblanc68@yahoo.com"]Email me[/email]
Collagen must be broken down into smaller particles to enable the body and skin to absorb it better. Collagen is hydrolysed for this purpose.

I dont really believe that collagen in creams/masks can penetrate the skin as well as those to be consumed orally/ingested. Collagen in creams/masks tend to plump and hydrate skin temporarily ie; good for a quick fix. But consuming collagen supplements will help skin in the long run.

Nways, collagen beauty drinks these days are aplenty. I personally consume Meiji Amino Collagen and results were seen as early as 2 weeks. 5000mg of hydrolysed marine collagen + 60mg of glucosamine, 50mg of vitamin c and 2 other amino acids per scoop. I have also consumed Super Collagen by NeoCell. 6600mg of hydrolysed bovine collagen + 19 amino acids per scoop.

Other types may come in pill or liquid form. Eg of brand in pill form - Etsu. Liquid - Fancl TenseUp.

Btw, I think what Wendy Blue meant is Imedeen. That's a skin supplement containing marine extracts (Biomarine complex) which aids the production of collagen in the body.

Collagen production deteroriates in one's body past age 25. So my take is to start consuming after 25. 19 is a tad too young, tinytomato. As for whether or not former cancer patients can consume, it's best to seek doctor's opinion.

Oh ya, always remember that when you're consuming collagen supplements, it has to be on an empty stomach as collagen is to be ingested not digested. And try to wait a minimum of 30 minutes before eating after consuming a collagen supplement. Collagen supplement if mixed with food will serve the body no purpose and will only go to waste.

It's also best to consume a collagen supplement with a hyaluronic acid supplement. If u cant get pure HA supplement in the market, try glucosamine or MSM supplements. And also up your vitamin C intake. Collagen works best with vitamin C. [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Anyone has tried Sculptra injection? Found out from a Dr It is a collagen stimulator and provides a gradual natural appearance. Latest in the market.

I have been taking collagen since I turn 25, and after all these years I think it does make a difference for me. So I'll continue to take it :D