Sign in to follow this  
echo

infant milk powders..which brand is good for baby?

Its all depends.... Im using similac... dont get wyeth cuz its too heaty, ur baby will have problems pooing. CHEAP milk formulas make the babies vomit. Dont choose to save money, ur suppose to give ur baby the best.........................

Ya it should depend on which is more suitable to your baby. Personally i think enfagrow is quite good as my nephew drinks it since baby and he stays strong.

actually u hav to see what milk formula suits the baby. when my son was just born, he consumed wyeth s26. i heard from my mum and my in mother-in-law that it is a good brand during their days. so i chose it. however when it was time for my son to change to wyeth progress (for 1 year old baby), he started to poo poo very frequently. very watery. then i have to switch to anmum essential. coz doc said the milk formula doesn't suits him.

i heard from my sis-in-law that his son cannot poo poo when when he drinks wyeth s26. so doc advice her to switch to bebelac.

my friend buys dutch lady for her daughter coz she says it's cheap.

Edited by m.o.m.o.k.o

I've also done a lot of study on which milk powder to buy for my son before. I think you could check on this web www.brainseries.com which i get lots information about what is important to child's brain. My son drinks enfagrow while my sis's baby drinks similac. I think the most important thing is that the milk suits your baby and have good nutrient in it. :)

Edited by annettesung

I've also done a lot of study on which milk powder to buy for my son before. I think you could check on this web www.brainseries.com which i get lots information about what is important to child's brain. My son drinks enfagrow while my sis's baby drinks similac. I think the most important thing is that the milk suits your baby and have good nutrient in it. :)

I just browse the website..DHA is related to brain growth? I just know that.. :D

I totally understand your predicament, baby milk powder is so pricey but we all want the best for our precious baby so have to find a balance. I use Anmum when he was an infant, I find it to be very suitable and quite reasonably priced but now that my baby is 1 year + the Anmum essential for toddlers is much cheaper but not as good. I switched to Isomil Soy as my son was getting constipated on "regular" milk. Sometimes I think it's through trial and error you will find the powder your baby thrives on.

PS: Milk powder cheaper to buy at "sensei" shops rather than elsewhere. That's where I buy mine!

My friend buys the milk powder from grocery store in SS2 and she said the price is always lower. Maybe you can do some search around that area :)

I use Enfa when my baby just born then contispation problem so change to s26 and is ok for a while but still problem. So now using Snow brand and its ok.

i have 2 children, one 4 yrs old n youngest is 1 yr 3 months old. My eldest daughter is always on Enfa product and has no problem with it. But she's quite skinny, oni bout 15kg. My second daughter started off on Enfalac A+, but when she reach 1 yrs old and i feed her with Enfagrow, she started getting watery poo till now. After 2 months, we cannot tahan and change to Fernleaf, now her condition is sometimes ok, sometimes watery. Went to pead, but say should be fine if she is still active. Plus, she is very chubby, now around 12-13kg, almost catch up with her sis weight :) Anyone has this dilemma before?

Hi everyone,

My baby started with Isomil Soy, but many people told me that Isomil is for baby who is either lactose intolerance or having diarrhoea. We also find it a bit heaty. So I changed to Dumex Mamex Gold, then my baby having phelgm all the time and what is worst he got flu on and off. My baby poo poo also watery which mamex stated it is for easier stooling. Finally we changed to Wyeth S-26 Gold the one with Lutein which is the new formula, we find it quite okie. My baby poo poo also not so watery already. But on and off have to give water as many people said wyeth very heaty. :rolleyes: But at least now his phelgm is gone and he stays healthy. Sometimes it is not our choice of formula, it is whether the baby suitable or not to take the formula I think.

Yeah, even though some brands are highly recommended, it may not be suitable for some bb. Lucky thing now her poo is ok liao, think should be her teething cause 4 big teeth come out at once :o

[quote name='yukisoo' date='02 July 2008 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1214991716' post='502925']
Ya it should depend on which is more suitable to your baby. Personally i think enfagrow is quite good as my nephew drinks it since baby and he stays strong.
[/quote]

I don't totally agree with it as my 2 niece are on Enfa but they are so skinny (5yrs old - 13kg, 3yrs old - 11kg which I think consider under nutrition) and always fall sick...every month they have to see doc and take med...

For those baby who having colics problem.... u can try Gripe water and also formula - NOVALAC (AC), recommended by doctor.

My baby 2months old recover from colic after i changed the formula from MAMEX to NOVALAC (AC), and with the gripe water too..
And my baby fart alot & poo poo smoothly after taking the formula & gripe water..

NOVALAC (AC) only can get it in Pharmacy, baby can take until 1 years old~..

And for the bottle i suggest Bfree instead of Dr.Browns brand..but they're same company.
Dun buy AVENT.. most of the the AVENT bottle hvt leaking problem..sigh.. I'm one of the victim :( Edited by debbie_ysl

[quote name='AudreyL' date='23 April 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1272036029' post='582094']
I don't totally agree with it as my 2 niece are on Enfa but they are so skinny (5yrs old - 13kg, 3yrs old - 11kg which I think consider under nutrition) and always fall sick...every month they have to see doc and take med...
[/quote]

Enfa milk are made in Thailand. Nothing against that but quality is always questioned. I use Nan, Nestle for my son and now that the whole manufacturing facility has moved to Philippines, I am switching.

Fyi...now my baby 7 months old using Anmum milk but lately i find out not suitable for my baby coz his body feel a little warm...so my cousin ask me to change new milk. U hv to find the milk which have oligo inside. So i want to know what milk brand content oligo?

[quote name='PapaCare' date='24 August 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1282609827' post='588101']
Fyi...now my baby 7 months old using Anmum milk but lately i find out not suitable for my baby coz his body feel a little warm...so my cousin ask me to change new milk. U hv to find the milk which have oligo inside. So i want to know what milk brand content oligo?
[/quote]

Hi.. my bb tried Anmum Infacare oso.. and the same problem..i found tat her body a bit heaty n warm ya.. and somemore she got constipation.. so i change to Snow now.. jus try for 4 day n still under observation.. hehe..

[quote name='melmyb' date='10 November 2008 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1226310259' post='525965']
I use Enfa when my baby just born then contispation problem so change to s26 and is ok for a while but still problem. So now using Snow brand and its ok.
[/quote]

Hi.. my bb jus change to Snow brand oso.. today jus the 4th days.. jus wonder ur bb hav constipation problem after taking SNow??? and ur bb vomit out the milk (jus little bit) after feeding??? cox my bb hav this problem lah.. after feeding, in a while she'll vomit out some of the milk looo.. and i found tat SNow milk so much bubbles lah.. do u realize it?? while my bb sucking the milk, so many bubbles came out lah.. before this i tried Enfalac A+ and Anmum don hav this problem looo...

[quote name='kai8052' date='03 December 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1291374503' post='590550']
Hi.. my bb jus change to Snow brand oso.. today jus the 4th days.. jus wonder ur bb hav constipation problem after taking SNow??? and ur bb vomit out the milk (jus little bit) after feeding??? cox my bb hav this problem lah.. after feeding, in a while she'll vomit out some of the milk looo.. and i found tat SNow milk so much bubbles lah.. do u realize it?? while my bb sucking the milk, so many bubbles came out lah.. before this i tried Enfalac A+ and Anmum don hav this problem looo...
[/quote]

The best * cheapest is breastfeeding your baby. No worries on allergy or diarrhea and baby will be healthy. But, if you are looking for formula milk, then look for ingredients that has ProBiotic. Nespray is one.

My baby started with Snow,then his poo poo become [color="#00ff00"]GREENS[/color]..so,i changed to Wyeth S-26,his poo poo we find quite ok but what is worst he got running nose and rashes at his cheeks,Doc suggest to Dumex Mamex Gold Soy which is soy-base,then he NOT poo poo for 4days!the next day he poo poo was so hard,then i changed to isomil,also same..yesterday i bought Dutch Lady langkah 1...hopefully ok with him

[quote name='m.o.m.o.k.o' timestamp='1215597384' post='504214']
ya i agree dun buy at supermarkets..unless sometimes they do have promotions/discounts
it's cheaper to buy at chinese medicine shops..
[/quote]

hi new nere and cannot help my self to join in this discussion hehehe..yup it is definitely cheaper to get from chinese medicine shop (yok choy poh) ..me using annum step 3 coz they said got no sugar contain...tried it n my princess like it so..think will stick with this for the time being lol last time used snow but after the unfortunate incident in japan decided to stop lol...

hihi

normally for newborn use what milk powder? is breastfeeding the best choice for the baby below half yr?
or mix is better for the baby? im not sure and my baby coming in ablout 8weeks times.

tqtq