Sign in to follow this  
Fannymolo

Careful On Choosing Right Bridal Shop

Hai, everyone one.I would like to share my wedding planning story to all.

I have been sign up package for weeding photo shooting at "B-Photograhic" at Jln Pudu.I am very regret in signing up this pakage.

I already pay deposit and the 80% for shooting photo.Not yet take the Album and frame yet.

Can anyone give me some better advice how to solve this problem(The wedding planner guy)? what is the good way talking to this type of person?

Many Problem Occurs

Before pay for the deposit the wedding planner(Guy) said:

Problem 1: Payment method in 3 way

(1)Deposit before photo shooting

(2)Shooting photo Date pay 60%to 80%

(3) Pay the balance when take the album and frame.

Problem Start:When i called him ,decide the date for photo shooting.He try to confuse me and said i need to pay all the balance on the shooting date.

I said: I ask him,when we dicuss for the package u r saying balance paid after i get the album and frame.How come now u said in the different way, that i need to pay all the lump sum.I am angry.

Wedding planner:I did not said all this to customer,all the customer need to pay the balance when shooting date.

I said : I scolded him.I haved write down that u said pay in 3 method in my book.i have proof , on that day u said pay 80% can already.

Wedding Planner: OK lah.Very rude sound.Cut off the line.

Problem 2: Touch-up Photo

Before sign up he agree that all the touch-up photo will review by me, then only print in album.

After shooting photo(mean already pay 80%), he said will only touch-up one photo only for me to review on the spot .Other photo will follow this one touch-up photo to repair others.

He said will straight print in album , without showing all other touch-up photo to me.

??? This is not fair to me, how come he so rude to the customer like that.I feel like i get cheated from this wedding shop.

???Do we really need to bring recorder to record down what the weding planner promise to us ?? I think this is the better way.We unable to write down every sentense he said mah,so tired.

Edited by Fannymolo

that’s why it’s always good to have it in black and white and do some research on the bridal shop before committing. I got my package in Dicasamia in SS2. Although I’ve yet to go for the shoot yet (it's been a year already) they’ve yet to ask for any further payments and they’ve been good to us so far. Everything is written in the form so we know what to expect. I think you should just make a lot of noise when you go to the bridal studio, the more you give in the more they will take advantage of you.

Hai Cas,

Thank for the comment.

"I think you should just make a lot of noise when you go to the bridal studio, the more you give in the more they will take advantage of you. "

Not really understand the the meaning of the sentense.

R u mean not make noise anymore ?

^She means when u go to the Bridal shop, complain out loud so that other customers will hear.. so the wedding planner wont take advantage of you.

I think a lot couple have same problem. My suggestion is to visit the bridal shop few time to confirm their wedding planner are a nice guy or not. When you visit 1st time, they must be nice to you, but when you visiting them for few time, then you can see whether the wedding planner are good or not. For myself, my wife and I visited quite a lot bridal shop around 30 in KL, SS2 and also Johor Bahru but after we visited so many bridal shop, then you can really tell which shop are better. This is my experience la, so hope can help anyone who need this info. Cheer.

My friend jasmine told me about this "warning" before I look for wedding planner or from shop, must get everything written down in black & white, signed by both parties if not kena cheated bcoz they r famous in switch words and not honoring what they give for what u pay.

Now i really understand what jasmine meant.... looks like ur case is "nightmare" and I hope u can settle nicely with this planner.

I tell u what, u can also call up Malay Mail Hotline n put ur complaint down for them to publish in Malay Mail newspaper. I use this method few times and the company/target will finally honor what they say.

Hotline: 03-2282 1002

Hotline Email: hotline@mmail.com.my

U can email your complaint to them, they will call the other side up (pls give contact of the shop n person in charge when u send ur complaint to malay mail hotline)

Malay Mail will also call u up, to ask some question or more clarification on ur story.

like this leh..

or if u very very angry, go to the shop make noise, if everything fail, u go to report consumer complaint!

heard lotsa scary stories like this, am in the progress with my BS now, taken photoshoot, now waiting to view pics. hope no prob so far la..

My fren faced something like this too, and they are right, make lotsa noise, be brave and question them and show them your black & white.

Also let them know you are active in forums, try joining the bride forum. So they know if they dont treat you right, they will loose a lot of potential business.

It is very very easy to fall into trap of those bridal shop...esp with those attractive packages/promotion/discount and sweet talk.. and sign during in those bridal events..

My advice is to visit more, talk to them, find out more & don't commit immediatly.. research, research, research.. we end up sign up Redbliss at SS2.. the package meet our target, everything is in clear term (no cheating here & there) customer support are very profeesional.. and off course nice & elegant photo shoot.... the research paid off.. :rolleyes:

I signed up at Red Bliss too. My MUA was Becky, she was professional, friendly, responsible. I like my makeup on photo but the actual makeup is too thick. It turned out great on the pictures. The PG was Leon. The photos were so so. My hubby didn't like them. VG was KT, the "behind the scene" video was really nice!!! I've seen my friend's video, it was not good at all, very amateuristic. However our video was edited well, and the outcome is just fantastic. For more options of bridal shops, take a look at: wedresearch.blogspot.com/2012/01/bridal-shop-price-and-review-research.html