Sign in to follow this  
Negisf

Wedding Budget

Come to think of it, i spent too much on my wedding. We have to pay for everything for my side, coz my parents have the mentality that guy's shud be responsible. :( To be honest, the most exciting part is the church moment and also our honeymoon. The rest are just 'performance' we need to put up to show parents relatives. So be wise, spend it on your honeymoon!!!

Depending also la, if you need to do alot of things to be showy for friends and relatives means you need bigger budget. Also if you are serving alcohol at your dinner means you should put aside about extra 10k.

Hi me and my bf are planning to have a tea ceremony at the seaside and a buffet style ceremony straight after the ceremony. does anyone know who much roughly the buffet catering will cost??

The budget will always remain one of the most important aspects of wedding planning. Working with the budget at this point gives wonderful life-time experience to the bride, for all lives are influenced by a budget and now is the time to really get a handle on them. Where years ago the bride's family always paid for the wedding, now-a-days this expense is often shared by all concerned - the working bride, the working groom - and all parents.

Regardless of who picks up the cost, budgeting allocates an exact amount of money to each expense and there are no financial surprises that can ruin the wedding itself. Books expound upon the dozens of ways to create wedding budgets. Read them all over. Each will offer you some wise pockets of knowledge.

The rehearsal dinner allows for a tremendous celebration of the event. All can gather together to share memories and laughs and hopes and dreams. The bride and groom show their loving appreciation to all who gathered to help them celebrate. The dinner can be privately catered in one's home or garden, or held in a number of places: from an upscale restaurant to a potluck in the church basement. To help keep the costs down, many couples only have the main course catered and ask the guests to bring the desserts or drinks. Having arrangements for someone else to do the serving and cleanup removes a big burden and stress from the families and wedding party.

When a wedding becomes a financial nightmare, then the true meaning of the wedding gets watered down. Five years from now the couple will probably not remember what the ice sculpture looked like that cost thousands, or whether all the extra flowers really added to the event. What they will probably remember the most are the photographs that captured their treasured moments so they could be relived down through the years.

Many people think of diamonds as colourless, but in reality colourless diamonds are quite rare. The majority of diamonds in the normal colour range have very faint tints of yellow and brown.

Diamonds also occur in a wide range of other colours, including pink, red, blue, green and black. The most intensely coloured diamonds are classified as fancy colours, and fetch very high prices due to their rarity.

Diamonds in the normal colour range are graded by their lack of colour; therefore a stone with the highest colour grades has little or no visible colouration. Colour grades can cause dramatic variations in price, although distinguishing between the top colour grades in smaller mounted stones is almost impossible to the untrained eye.

Colourless Nearly colourless Slightly tinted Tinted
D - a totally colourless diamond, the highest grading possible, and as such, rare and valuable.
E - colourless, with only a trained and experienced diamond grader able to detect the minute hint of colour.
F - still a colourless stone, but with a minor hint of colour, again only detectable by a trained grader.
G - almost colourless, although a trace of colour may be seen when compared with higher grades. Still a very high quality grading.
H - almost colourless, but a hint of colour may be discernible.
I - nearly colourless, although a trace of colour will be detected, with difficulty.
J-Z - tinted stones, outside of our standard range.
Each grade represents a spread or range of colour, not just one point along the series. In this range, a D colour diamond will always be the most valuable if all the other factors of clarity, carat and cut are equal.