Sign in to follow this  
FamousLady

Is Dermalogica worth it?

i like their facial wash esp the gel type and plus their daily microexfoliating , their toner and aso the eye cream (multivit concentrated type)....

the others like their sheer tint moisture, i felt abit too oily for me.. then their multivit power firm, i suffered a few breakouts the next day( me gatal gatal tangan wan to try mum's product :blink: ).. then their skin hydrating booster is like too hydrating for my skin (felt abit oily-like the next morning) :unsure: ....

guess not all their product suit my skin at all... :huh:

Edited by juenlil

opps.. i been trying the demalogica' travel (acne prone)kits for about 1 week.. my face breaks out slightly more :S

but after i read the other posted. i think i shall give sometimes to prove :P

having facial tonight! will ask what can they do!

p/s: going to the State next week.. maybe shall check out the local dema's pricesss ... :P hihi

You can get dermalogica products for much cheaper at strawberry.net compared to local beauty salons. Shipping is also free :)

do u try to order from there? yeh it's alot cheaper... but doesnt know it work well or not :P

i also come across this website. its cheap but i read some reviews saying that some orders take months to arrive, some arrive shortly after order and some didnt arrive at all....so i am skeptical on ordering from there. :unsure:

I have dry skin and demalogica Super Hydrating Booster is so good! My fine lines are now fewer and my skin is so much hydrated now.

I am using the Smoothing Lotion and the Hydrating Mask daily. :)

My advice to babes out there who wants to buy dermalogica products to buy them locally. There are many sellers here who sells them with great discount and guranteed quality. Those buy over the net may be nearing expiring and could be some knock offs too. Some one I know owns a beauty salon US and she has warn me against buying online. Knockoffs are easily available in the states.. so beware...

My advice to babes out there who wants to buy dermalogica products to buy them locally. There are many sellers here who sells them with great discount and guranteed quality. Those buy over the net may be nearing expiring and could be some knock offs too. Some one I know owns a beauty salon US and she has warn me against buying online. Knockoffs are easily available in the states.. so beware...

Yeah that might be a big possibilities some of them sells nearly their expiring dates. US is too far too. it might cause too expensive for the shipping...some more they have to go through to customs in quarantin....mayb u will also get taxed by those product from the US.

So if u r scared of expired products or product lost in space, u can buy from me and i send to your place(klang valley area....hahaha)...u can check and pay me!...ok! have a nice day babes!

opps... btw im visiting malaysia end of the month. the local derma in melbourne is darn expensive.

anyone can quote me ? i need ance wash cleanser ,toner, clearing gel ,gentle microflilator. thanks you!

I have dry skin and demalogica Super Hydrating Booster is so good! My fine lines are now fewer and my skin is so much hydrated now.

I am using the Smoothing Lotion and the Hydrating Mask daily. :)

Hi Lysaa,

How much is dermalogica Super Hydrating Booster, smoothing lotion and hydrating mask?

After how long of using do you find the improvement in your skin?

Thank you in advance.

I think what you mean is

skin hydrating booster (retail: RM226)

Skin hydrating masque (retail: RM156)

skin smoothing cream 50ml (retail: RM159)

You can also visit my Garage sale.. I'm currently running a 2-day sale..

If you would like any enquire about any products recommedation/usage/professional tips. I will try my best to help you. If you would like to know, my sister is a dermatologist by professiona but she ventured as a skin therapist and dealer of dermalogica products in US and I was doing part-time therapist course with derma and was working partime in my sis salon.

Edited by mintmentos

:( i been suffer an ridiculous big acne break out. it's not only one or two..but it is 6 or even more over the cheek and hairline area. :(

i been using this dermalogical last month . its my second months of using it.

i never suffer soo many big break out @ once together. it's make me less confident of this products. but one thing im not going to hidesit that the rest of ur complaxtion is more clearer and brighter :) only the acne ..acne :( acnessss

i just hate breaking out acne!! the products gonna finish soon.. end of the month visit shall i continue using derma or shall i change! :( very confusing!! SOS HELP!

kelleyyen,

depends what products you use..and ur condition..?

very sad case >_< pengsan

:( i been suffer an ridiculous big acne break out. it's not only one or two..but it is 6 or even more over the cheek and hairline area. :(

i been using this dermalogical last month . its my second months of using it.

i never suffer soo many big break out @ once together. it's make me less confident of this products. but one thing im not going to hidesit that the rest of ur complaxtion is more clearer and brighter :) only the acne ..acne :( acnessss

i just hate breaking out acne!! the products gonna finish soon.. end of the month visit shall i continue using derma or shall i change! :( very confusing!! SOS HELP!

Kelley.. can u list the products that u have been using? What is the sequence of usage? and frequency of usage?

You said that the breakout tend to happen near your hairline area.. This could be due to few reason...(1) your hair touching your skin causing it to to aggrevate and make it more oily. (2) The weather.. if you are living in australia, seasonal change may cause certain product to be suitable only on certain months. I have the same seasonal problems when I was living in US too, but my breakout tend to be at the forehead area. (3) If you are notice clearer and brighter complexion means the products are suitable for you.. but u need different products for different areas of your face (that is the skin mapping), but more often we are lazy so just use 1 product for the whole face.

Edited by mintmentos

Dermalogica works but expensive. Dermalogica is really good. It does what it claimed.

Now I am using the Total Eye Care spf15 ( RM173 , 15 ml)

I cant find any better /cheaper sub. for it as it's good.

1. It has spf15

2. Gentle AHA - retexture ur eye area

3. Optical Diffuser- mask the dark circles

thanks u for the good n concern advice. i did visit kl last week. and i bought abour RM600++ products @ this sungei wang plaza .

:blink: i almost fainted when i pay for tht.. haha

i hope it really work

the beautician advise me to go for

1.clay wash (which i started with anit bac wash)

2.toner

3.exflilator

4.hydrating mask

5.active moist

--------- i purchased all those :) and she give me 5% discount + 1 free travel kit set.

the rest of the thing i dint get are:

a.special booster

b.medicated gel ( which malaysia dont have it)

c.the facial massage oil ( acne skin problem) (abour rm 40++)

argg... my face still getting break out.. the beautician explain to me becouse of the lung problem or etc.. on the cheek area ( that shitty shocking n terrifly me) wtf LUNG problem :(

well 2 more new pimples on the cheek area :blink: (huge one ) HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

i really like the body hydrating cream/lotion... really good.... not sticky at all... but too bad ... only can used during the weekend(mum's)... any .. jus wan to noe ... how much izit cos my mum got it for free..

thanks u for the good n concern advice. i did visit kl last week. and i bought abour RM600++ products @ this sungei wang plaza .

:blink: i almost fainted when i pay for tht.. haha

i hope it really work

the beautician advise me to go for

1.clay wash (which i started with anit bac wash)

2.toner

3.exflilator

4.hydrating mask

5.active moist

--------- i purchased all those :) and she give me 5% discount + 1 free travel kit set.

the rest of the thing i dint get are:

a.special booster

b.medicated gel ( which malaysia dont have it)

c.the facial massage oil ( acne skin problem) (abour rm 40++)

argg... my face still getting break out.. the beautician explain to me becouse of the lung problem or etc.. on the cheek area ( that shitty shocking n terrifly me) wtf LUNG problem :(

well 2 more new pimples on the cheek area :blink: (huge one ) HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Yup according to face mapping cheek area is reflected as your lungs. I have occassional breakout on my cheek area as well.. lung functions could also be due to the air-circulation in your room which indirectly affects your lungs at least that's the case for me...

So what I did was I put an air purfier in my room also I open my bedroom window wide 1 hour before bedtime before I close it off to switch on the aircond.

Also after washing your face avoid wiping with towel instead use a facial tissue and pad dry. You may want to go up to the extend to replace your pillow case every week to see if it helps.

A face map is only a guide, don't get over terrified about it..

Hi Lysaa,

How much is dermalogica Super Hydrating Booster, smoothing lotion and hydrating mask?

After how long of using do you find the improvement in your skin?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, i ctgirl, i got the hydrating booster for around 220++ at EsterSpring. Should be around this price as i have thrown away the receipt already. Its a small bottle and last for quite some time. Do not over use it as it will cause breakouts...

I just got the Multivitamin face mask and i am loving it. Does smooth my fine lines. I am using it 3 times a week on top of my hydrating mask. Multivitamin facial mask cost around 180++ if i remember correctly. It will last very long.

Hi, i ctgirl, i got the hydrating booster for around 220++ at EsterSpring. Should be around this price as i have thrown away the receipt already. Its a small bottle and last for quite some time. Do not over use it as it will cause breakouts...

I just got the Multivitamin face mask and i am loving it. Does smooth my fine lines. I am using it 3 times a week on top of my hydrating mask. Multivitamin facial mask cost around 180++ if i remember correctly. It will last very long.

Thanks Lysaa.

I just bought the hydrating booster. So, how many drops do you use everytime?

I believe hydrating mask if to hydrate the face. What is multivitamin face mask for?

I will see how the hydrating booster is doing to me first before I buy the mask. Or, if there is any good discount, maybe I will consider :P

well, i find their products expensive.. but..it does give me a slight improvement as i had bright red spots on my face due to acne...they are not that red anymore now after the product usage..

just the scars that are bothering me now...

i have acne on my cheeks but less on my forehead.. is it due to natural cause or anything? it tends to grow on my cheeks but not on my head (touch wood) and they normal heal Faster on my head compared to my cheeks..

I thought acne grows on all parts of the face but it's not the case for me, it only grows on my cheeks..help....

:(

"I thought acne grows on all parts of the face but it's not the case for me, it only grows on my cheeks..help...."

You may go to www.dermalogica.com for face mapping info.. breakouts that grow on different area with different cause actually..

ctgirl i think its asterspring huh... last time as belle lina

expensive cos 一分钱一分货 and skin care is really subject to individual skin condition...mah^^

and notice their size... cleanser with 250ml only from RM129 you can use for quite long time d

Thanks Lysaa.

I just bought the hydrating booster. So, how many drops do you use everytime?

I believe hydrating mask if to hydrate the face. What is multivitamin face mask for?

I will see how the hydrating booster is doing to me first before I buy the mask. Or, if there is any good discount, maybe I will consider :P

For the hydrating booster, you'll need like 2-3 drop from your whole face, then followed by your moisturizer.

Multivitamin masques help reduce fine lines and also brightening. Vitamin C which is the main ingredient for most whitening products helps is brightening up your skin. Multivitamin masques contains Vitamin C too.

my skin isn't so bad , break out only at occasional days . my mum suggested me to go for dermalogical facial treatment at salon to maintain skin cleaniness . but i think its quite expensive ler ... should i go ??

the promotion package is RM 1k for 14 times of treatment worth RM 128/time