Sign in to follow this  
cutiesbaby312

Which Antivirus is the best??

my notebook dun have any anti-virus woh....so far none infected :)

but i do install DeepFreeze :lol: its more powerfull than anti-virus i guess :clap:

i prefer to use deepfreeze than anti-virus, coz if using anti-virus....day by day it become heavy coz need to install their updates.

if use deepfreeze....just use ur PC/notebook in peace :lol: if infected virus...just restart ur PC/notebook....and VOILA!!!! become like fresh ever again :whistle:

for more info u can read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Freeze_(software)

Guys

can you guys recommend a good antivirus for me.

i used avg lately but it seem didnt work at all eventhough i update it weekly.

still virus can easily get into my pc.

help me guys!!!!

weird, im using avg and it seems fine? update once a week? mine update itself everyday , and also i set a timer so it will auto check my laptop every morning at 8 am....and so far so good...

Im using CA anti virus. I used AVG before and i dont like it, kept saying i had lots of virus and i had to scan constantly, i couldnt even get online cuz the scanning was slowing down my pc... :(

Avast is good enough for beginners, easy to use. Zone Alarm is extremely good but only recommended for expert user else you'll practically burn down your computer for the trouble they cause u. Norton Antivirus 2005 works well for me, not to mention formatting the PC once a month does help a lot :P

Actually, all antivirus programs are pretty good. Some may be better than others of course but only a bit better. However, it pays to take note that even the best antivirus can't protect you from everything.

Most important is to have a certain "Internet Sense", kinda like Spiderman's Spidey Sense where you know that certain websites or certain attachments may contain viruses, so should avoid like the plague, etc.

Also, try updating Windows too. Many viruses take advantage of vulnerabilities in Windows. If for some reason you cannot update windows (slow connection, pir8ted copy, etc), you can go to http://www.autopatcher.com to download their windows patching utility. Be warned, the size can be quite big (at least couple hundred meg).

Edited by G_D

I like avast & Norton. Not happy with Corporate edition, though. Didn't seem to be bulletproof enough to repel far too many viruses in the company. :\

But guys i do try avast few month ago.my pc seem become slowly when im using it.

yet avg also get my pc become slowly.

its truth that different antivirus only scan different virus.

exp : to scan trojan we must use different software than we used to scan worms?

what u guys think?

Zone alarm can scan a lots of stuff ..... one does it all but to setup the stupid software to make u bulletproof as well as ease to use is gonna kill u for good.

McAfee is the second best antivirus i encounter after zone alarm but i hate the stupid firewall blocks everything especially network stuff.

Norton is extremely user friendly and can download the virus definition update manually. The down side is norton is useless against spyware unless u r using the internet security which is headache for browsing also.

Avast and AVG, i heard is good n is free but auto scan will slow ur pc a lot. I never really use it so can't comment much about it.

MAC user ..... be happy is so protected even antivirus company give up on the market :P

My experience, i always disable windows firewall and updates. microsoft always give out free downloads for new upgrades so they can test it on the market to get feedback of any problems. I can still remember the time Microsoft launch service pack 2 updates, the next day I hav dozens of customer walk into the shop suffering from crashing windows. since then, i never trust any windows updates anymore.

Backing up data on another partition or external harddisk is a good way to survive virus attack. Nowadays a lot of virus will crash windows system making it unable to boot up even in safe mode. I still found the best way is to format once in a while, complete cleaning :) a lot of trouble but with new nero7 u can create ur own recovery disc. simple and easy :)

Sorry sara, haven't heard of avira ..... not much research on antivirus ..... all pc sent to a com shop with virus will be charged and format reinstall ..... simple and fast. lets just say microsoft got too much enemy out there :P