Sign in to follow this  
yikpeng

dandruff problem

ohmy.gif i have a very seroius dendruff problem on my hair.....

is so many years dy...i cant solve it...

got any shampoo n product to solve it?

Head and SHoulders shampoo? tried it before?

i had the same problem too crybaby.gif

may be you should sleep more, drink more water..

too stress i guess.. unsure.gif

hmmm...try using selsun...u can get it in pharmacies....it's quite good...apply to ur scalp/hair...den keep it for a few minutes...den rinse clean with water.....try using for about a week...should be ok...(that's for me laa)

the best anti-dandruff shampoo i've used has been a product by pantene. prior to that, it was head & shoulders.

head n shoulder shampoo i had use b4, no effect oso...still have many

mayb as wat u guys say, not enough sleep gua....

the selsun product is not a shampoo? u muz buy from the pharmacy counter or juz in the shop?

mayb as wat u guys say, not enough sleep gua...

drink more water to keep your body well hydrated.

do you get lots of flaky stuff around your eyes when you awake in the mornings?

ya i have....

y leh? got wat happend to me ma?

ya i have....

y leh? got wat happend to me ma?

you're not drinking enough water. besides helping your scalp, you will also have nicer skin. water is good for your body. see what happens to plants if you don't give them enough water?

drinking plain water is good. not too much mineral water or you get in trouble also.

oh...like tat ah....

okok, i try my best to drink more more water....

c how the effect....

the best anti-dandruff shampoo i've used has been a product by pantene. prior to that, it was head & shoulders.

pantene seem not suitable for me lor, it makes hair hair got dandruff lor..... sad.gif

if you have been trying anti dandruff shampoo and it does not work it could be due to your diet...maybe you lack some vitamins? vitamin B?

maybe it could be due to dry scalp...i never had dandruff problem but when i was in australia i noticed my scalp very dry and can get flakes easily...then i take evening primrose oil EPO and the problem disappeared....my skin oso not so dry anymore....try it....

i reckon if you cannot solve the problem externally then maybe should tackle internally... :) good luck!

i get dandruff when i'm stressed out, thank goodness Head & Shoulders works perfectly for me...

But I heard that Selsun is quite effective too!

Selsun Blue is very effective.

However it'll make your hair very dry. Most probably because of its strong medication.

Hence I only use Selsun twice weekly.

i juz bought head & shoulder about a month ago , at first it really can control my dandraff, not itchy for 2 days. but now seems like everyday also need to wash :( How ar? should i change to selsun?

i use to hav dandruff too and i hav very oily scalp which causes those oily seed appear on my scalp. u can try to use Head & Shoulders...but since u said it doesnt work for u...u might wanna try Selsun Blue...its available in Watson, Guardian and other pharmacies...last time i have used the menthol shampoo...its really strong and cooling and find no more dandruff....its abt RM20+ only...

besides of using shampoo, maybe u shud try shampoo ur hair at a longer time.shampoo ur hair using finger tips not ur nails and massaging ur scalp will help for ur blood circulation for longer and healthy growing hair. Rinse with a lot a lot of water until the shampoo is completely out. cuz if u did not wash ur hair completely and left the shampoo on ur scalp oso can causes dandruff....

i also start having this problem ad...

ail.... darn itchy...

thanks for all the recommended shampoo i think is time to try out too..

thanks alot

haiz.. me aso hav dandruff prob eh... quite serious aso eh.. so cham ... i think selsun quite gud wo... but if i use tat.. my hair wil b dam dry... coz i permed n dyed it ... so nw hav to use special shampoo to take care of it.. how le? ... any suggestions for my dmg + dandruffed hair >_<

Whenever I go for a haircut after not having enough sleep, my hairdresser comments that I get dandruff because of the lack of sleep. He also told me that he noticed that I get dandruff when I'm stressed.

I guess you should try to get enough (and good) sleep and try to reduce stress at work :)

If I remember correctly, Selsun is used to treat dermatitis, a common skin problem that makes your skin flake (and this includes your scalp). It might be too strong for some, and should be used as treatment only and not in place of your regular shampoo.

Some doctors prescribe radical haircuts to their patients sometimes because it helps your scalp to breathe and regulate sebum.

Hope that helps.

i solved it using a brand called seba med-for oily hair solution..it cost like rm15 i think..u can get it from guardian..the smell nt bad n it wil nt dry out ur hair..u can hv a try.