Sign in to follow this  
fred

The first few things with internet

OK, start from me, i only get to know and use internet after i go into University, kind of late huh !!! The first few things (non school related) that i do with internet are :

1. MIRC

2. ICQ

3. Hotmail

of course i need to use internet to register for my course etc, but basically the above 3 programs are the pioneers in my Internet life.

How about you??

I got to know and utilize the Internet when I was in Form 1.

The first few stuff was

1. mIRC

2. Hotmail

3. ICQ

Just the same as you, fred. wink.gif

I started using when i was F3 or F4 I'm not quite sure about it

1. ICQ

2. Hotmail

3. MSN Messenger

I started using internet when i was form 2. I'm very interested in PC stuff though.. lolz.. softwares/hardwares/designing/programming.. Oh mind u.. i'm not an IT student tongue.gif

1.mIRC

2.ICQ

3.Yahoo/Yahoo Messenger

4. Hotmail

I can't remember when I first used the net, but back then

IE (can't believe how long i've used this prog)

Napster

Kazaa

in 1993, i used the jaring station at brickfields by connecting to a node in petaling jaya via a phone line. modem was a compaq 2,400kbps and an aiwa 14,400kbps modem.

applications used were netscape navigator, mirc, and eudora pro.

os used were windows 3.1 and windows 95.

machine specification: pentium 75MHz, 32MB RAM, 256K cache, quantum fireball 540 540MB HDD and quantum fireball TM3.2GB HDD, sony 4x cdrom drive, paradise 1MB graphics card, ess audiodrive sound card.

i guess i start using when i was in form2...

- IE

- MIRC

- Hotmail

in 1993, i used the jaring station at brickfields by connecting to a node in petaling jaya via a phone line. modem was a compaq 2,400kbps and an aiwa 14,400kbps modem.

machine specification: pentium 75MHz, 32MB RAM, 256K cache, quantum fireball 540 540MB HDD and quantum fireball TM3.2GB HDD, sony 4x cdrom drive, paradise 1MB graphics card, ess audiodrive sound card.

wow... blink.gif u still can remember so detail....hehehe... biggrin.gif

Hey Fred, me too. I gotta know bout internet when I was form 3 but to really fully utillize it I guess it's when I was in college.

I started of with IE, ICQ and emails. Later on, I used it quite a lot for doing research & not to forget playing games. tongue.gif

i started using internet when i was in uni in 1994... programs/apps first used were:

1) UNIX telnet

2) PINE (UNIX based email client)

3) gopher

4) ftp (the only way to download files/apps in those days)

5) Mosaic (first ever web browserthat supports inline images, 99% of the webpages then were all text)

Connectivity was a dialup to the uni's modem pool using a 14.4kbps modem on Win3.1 with Truimpet Winsock on a Pentium 66MHz, 16MB RAM, 540MB HDD later upgraded to Win95 on Pentium 133MHz, 64MB RAM, 6GB HDD, 33.6kbps modem

Still remember at one stage they blocked access to resources outside of uni if u dialup to them (cos need to use their proxy), tried to hack the access without a clue about IP addresses or DNS, in the end no choice, had to subscribe to ISP.

Was running Netscape Gold v2 through 5 (IE was crap until version 3), switched over to IE when NS reached v6 and became bloated, have been using IE ever since

Yeah, first connected using a 33.6kb/s modem when I was in Sec. 2 in Singapore. I used:

-Netscape

-Hotmail

-mIRC

hmm when i was form 2 back in year 1998 i think...

irc

IE-lotsa web...

msn

Netscape Navigator

Back in 1998, when I was Std 3. That time I know nothing 'bout Internet, I still remember I sign up 2 e-mail accounts that time and that's all.

Right now I'm a semi-pro of com in my school. cool.gif

JK. tongue.gif

First time using the internet, when i was Form 5.. that was like 9 yrs ago.

1) Netscape

2) MIRC

3) Alamak Chat

I don't remember when i got my hotmail account though. Oh i remember now, when i was 21 (which is about 5 yrs ago). Phew!

internet.....its way back during my primary school days, when Telekom launched the first TMNET DIALUP 1515...

1) mIRC

2) Netscape Navigator (was my fav. at that time)

3) FrontPage....biggrin.gif

waaa..good lah u connie...

still remember those thing u use though 13yrs back..solute u babeh

myself..i started using internet in 1996 after SPM and i think the first thing was MIRC..

Started using the net somewhere back in f3/4 in 1996 after I got a comp. That was the time when my group of friends started buying and using the comp.

Was using a Pentium 166MMX with 32Mb EDO Ram and 2.1Gb Quantum Fireball HDD (Added a Bigfoot later.....) with S3 Virge 2 Mb graphics and ESS soundcard. Net connection was on dialup using tmnet free account on Thundercom 33.6kbps modem.

That system was considered one of the most advance around that time.... cost RM3000+. Computers systems have come a long way since then. RM3000 would get you something real nice nowadays.

Progs used online then were:

mIRC

IE

My first used of internet on about 1992. My first internet account was subscribed with Jaring. My PC is Intel 486dx installed with Microsoft Windows 3.1. This was the time Bill Gate started to make a lot of money. Modem 14.4kbps was used to dial up to Jaring.

The softwares I used at that time

1. Trumpet Winsock

2. MIRC

3. Netscape Navigator

4. WS-FTP