Sign in to follow this  
Dina

what is your favourite magazine?

Hy friends..what is your favourite magazine??may i know what exactly you want in magazine? Can give some comment & suggestion about current magazine in market & what you really expected from a magazine so that you will buy it every month without missing issue? :praisegod: pls share...thank you!!

Edited by Dina

i love cleo,nvr miss an issue:) pictures are very pretty and a lot of common as well as uncommon issues discussed which i find very informative.a whole lot of fashion,makeups and skin care involved which keep me company everytime i need a guide on dressing up.now im in japan and my mum is sending a copy every month,cant miss;)

would recommend it to everyone:)

I love seventeen! But this magazine might suit younger adults and teenagers more. I am expecting lots of beauty and fashion tips from magazines and also the latest beauty and fashion news. I am not really into magazines with lots of articles about other issues though. Love those japanese and taiwanese magazines as well.

Edited by love^hurts

hmm.. no favourite ones but will get a copy of cleo or female (either one). Those taiwanese and japanese magazines are nice to read also. like popteen, cawaii, vivi etc etc..

CLEO every single month. Although I would say it again Cosmopolitan is good (my favourite) but it's too pricey because they're all imported version. And I dont know Chinese, so English mag is my only choice 8)

hmmm.. fav magazine ah? i dun really have 1 particular fav.. hehe.. neway, the 1 i normally buy/read are cleo, seventeen, dotti, girlfriend and female. love the baju in it. and how they mix/match it. articles are pretty cool too. hehe. like millie i too cant read chinese. restricted to english/malay mag. but thrs once i flip thru a chinese mag name "jasmine" (if not mistaken la), is very nice wit lots of baju and all. fashion is more taiwan/korea. so cute/sweet.

Well, i gotta said i love NUYOU. Its chinese version of FEMALE if im not mistaken.

It has a lot article but i love their articles too.

Its RM 8 but quite thick oh... love it :)

i don't know why but i just don't like magazines like cleo and seventeen. i think there's too many irrelevant articles and info and they don't do well in the fashion department either. even i buy it, i will just read it once and that's it, because it doesn't have enough stuff to make me wanna read it again and again unlike japanese/korean mags.

i like ViVi, and other jap magazines. they have many pictures and ideas on how to makeup and play with your outfit. i learn alot from these mags. their hairstyling tips are also very useful, and not ur usual simple hairstyling tricks like those featured in our local mags. everything is vry detailed, moreover, if you purchase the translated version, it's only rm8 or so, i'd def rather buy this than cleo.

another one of my fav. mag would be teen vogue, their outfits are really chic, young and sometimes vintage. it really inspires me sometimes.

i love Beauty (Taiwan), been reading it for the past 10 yrs

Every month: Beauty, WITH, Ray, Mina, Popteen

Occasionally: ViVi (omg Lena is so gorgeous~~), Ladies First Magazine (nv ren wo zui da)

Flip thru in mag stores: Cleo, Nu You, Female, Jasmine (just to get some latest updates on local fashion) and some home decor mags

I can't live without magazines!

Definately cleo.... I have every issues of it since 2004. Sold some away tho. I like the Q&A section as well as the articles on daily life problems.....e.g relationships, stress, money, college, work....Plus I've won many of the contest available in CLEO.

Definately cleo.... I have every issues of it since 2004. Sold some away tho. I like the Q&A section as well as the articles on daily life problems.....e.g relationships, stress, money, college, work....Plus I've won many of the contest available in CLEO.

hmmm.. fav magazine ah? i dun really have 1 particular fav.. hehe.. neway, the 1 i normally buy/read are cleo, seventeen, dotti, girlfriend and female. love the baju in it. and how they mix/match it. articles are pretty cool too. hehe. like millie i too cant read chinese. restricted to english/malay mag. but thrs once i flip thru a chinese mag name "jasmine" (if not mistaken la), is very nice wit lots of baju and all. fashion is more taiwan/korea. so cute/sweet.

Yeah, those Chinese mag is more interesting and have many fashion tips plus their dressing style is something we're more interested in (Taiwan & Hong Kong) but really no choice. Dont know how to read so just can flip through looking at those pix only and their fashion style. Thank god for pictures :D

You mean you sold it to old newspaper vendor is it? Hehe, I did that too although a bit heart pain but what to do. I only read it once thoroughly. And a few years worth of Cleo are stacking up and taking places :)

You mean you sold it to old newspaper vendor is it? Hehe, I did that too although a bit heart pain but what to do. I only read it once thoroughly. And a few years worth of Cleo are stacking up and taking places :)

i love love love~

popteen

cawaii

nana

choc

beauty 美人志

occasionally

爱女生

vivi

ray

going down the drain surely but slowly

cleo

seventeen

Edited by plue-chan

yes.....I sold them to the old newspaper guy...Nowadays I will let my sis do it as sometimes she need it to do her assignments (Mass Comm)...So either she'll keep or sell it ....

Ohh, ic ic. And I thought there is some other alternative than we can sell our mags off with a higher price rather than those old newspaper guy :lol: After all the quality of the mag's paper is better. Hehe.

wow...so many of you prefer japan & taiwan mag than local one...! may i know if what mag is the translated version for these awesome mag?? i want to try read too :P . All the while eng local mag is not satisfying.

i don't know why but i just don't like magazines like cleo and seventeen. i think there's too many irrelevant articles and info and they don't do well in the fashion department either. even i buy it, i will just read it once and that's it, because it doesn't have enough stuff to make me wanna read it again and again unlike japanese/korean mags.

i like ViVi, and other jap magazines. they have many pictures and ideas on how to makeup and play with your outfit. i learn alot from these mags. their hairstyling tips are also very useful, and not ur usual simple hairstyling tricks like those featured in our local mags. everything is vry detailed, moreover, if you purchase the translated version, it's only rm8 or so, i'd def rather buy this than cleo.

another one of my fav. mag would be teen vogue, their outfits are really chic, young and sometimes vintage. it really inspires me sometimes.

hav to agree wit u. jap/chinese mag are more details + more tips. wahhh too bad i cant read chinese character la. is there any chinese mag wit many pictures and less words? xD

hav to agree wit u. jap/chinese mag are more details + more tips. wahhh too bad i cant read chinese character la. is there any chinese mag wit many pictures and less words? xD

Well it depends on ur preference..CLEO is also a nice mag to read though, ppl like it cos it doesn't only talk abt fashions and beauty, but also relationships, health and some insightful articles which are very useful..

I've been reading CLEO for more than 10yrs..but have stopped buying since last yr as i think it is not sufficient (in terms of its makeups and beauty tips) to cope with my appetites..hahaaha

And also i have to buy too many mags per month, every month must buy WITH, RAy, MIna, Popteen etc..no place to keep..so now i'd only go to mag store to read CLEO..

Yes jap and chinese mags are really interesting cos they have a lot of very informative tips and explanation for skincare and make up steps in detail

It is good as there are a lot of pictures and step by step lecture for make up and styling ur hair..which CLEO seldom have..and mostly wat CLEO shows are more suitable for western ppl...i think they should come out with english version of ViVi, Popteen and WITH...they are jjust sooo lovely...my loveee XD

Some of my frens said they dont like jap mags cos so many small pics and tiny words..read until pening...but that's wat i like~~that means it is very very informative..in 1 page they can squeeze so many words and pics..worth the value!! hahaaXD

Well it depends on ur preference..CLEO is also a nice mag to read though, ppl like it cos it doesn't only talk abt fashions and beauty, but also relationships, health and some insightful articles which are very useful..

I've been reading CLEO for more than 10yrs..but have stopped buying since last yr as i think it is not sufficient (in terms of its makeups and beauty tips) to cope with my appetites..hahaaha

And also i have to buy too many mags per month, every month must buy WITH, RAy, MIna, Popteen etc..no place to keep..so now i'd only go to mag store to read CLEO..

Yes jap and chinese mags are really interesting cos they have a lot of very informative tips and explanation for skincare and make up steps in detail

It is good as there are a lot of pictures and step by step lecture for make up and styling ur hair..which CLEO seldom have..and mostly wat CLEO shows are more suitable for western ppl...i think they should come out with english version of ViVi, Popteen and WITH...they are jjust sooo lovely...my loveee XD

Some of my frens said they dont like jap mags cos so many small pics and tiny words..read until pening...but that's wat i like~~that means it is very very informative..in 1 page they can squeeze so many words and pics..worth the value!! hahaaXD

agree, I've stop buying Cleo over since I start reading Jap/Hk magazines like With(more for working ladies) n Mina (young girls), I only start to realise that there's such magazines here when I was looking for some magazine on what to buy before I went japan.

Those magazines are much more informative, as in make ups and hairdos they show all step by step also the products they used. Also they compare the products inside the magazine, rating which is the best selling foundation in the market. Or which is the best selling clothes.

actually i can't really read chinese characters too. i think looking at the pictures are quite sufficient. i think the pictures can do the talking! haha. really.

agree agree! i dont find those small pics and tiny words troublesome! i love them. its like a compilation of 1 yr of cleo issues in one mag. value for money!