Sign in to follow this  
princessbaby

Auditor life and salary survey

I am an semi-senior auditor in an medium size firm, salary is about RM 2300, izzit under pay or overpay? i have only 8 months experience since i work, now still part time studying for ACCA.

I wish to get in Big 4 but i kinda scared to work till midnight...haha As i know for Fresh grad, Big 4 will pay RM 2400.....

How come auditor salary so low?

haih...............

Auditor always need to work overtime and the jobs is much more harder than account executive but they get much more higher salary than us.

Anyone have any experience or information about salary for auditor do let me know ya.............

thanks!!!!

generally salaries are low because there are a steady supply of auditors, as any fresh grad can quickly learn to do the type of work a junior auditor does unassisted. If you decide auditing is going to be your selected field in accounting, suggested you get qualified for senior roles asap. The money is there, but the positions to get the top salaries are scarce.

It's not easy to find junior auditors nowadays, most of the fresh graduates now want only easy relax and yet, high pay jobs. If you ask the seniors / managers in the Big 4, they will tell you that the requirement has drop... they used to recruit only those with excellent academic result, it's so difficult to find good staff.

Why do people join audit firm? the only reason is because they want to learn more and in long-term, they foresee to have better prospect. If you survey around, not many people started with being an account executive able to climb up the corporate ladder fast, but with audit experience, you may become a finance manager after 3 years. I would say being an auditor first is a great stepping stone for joining an established commercial company later. It would be even better if you equip yourself with some taxation experience as well. However, you will need to suffer low pay for at least the first few years.

My advice is, if you scare to work until mid-night, and want higher pay (in short-term), then audit line is not the job for you, you should leave this line as soon as possible.

There are not many qualified licenced auditors in Malaysia, you may also aim for that eventhough it is tough.

Another great alternative is... join a Corporate bank.... again, don't try if you are not willing to work overtime.

whitecoffee is correct. Nowaday fresh grad wants to have a easy life and a good pay , so afraid to work hard. <_<

one has to remember that audit experience does give you advantage and aids in your future career path, especially if you have worked in big four before.

Please do not complain about low pay, furthermore you have not even finished your ACCA! and I think your company allow you to take looonng study leave , right?

NO PAIN NO GAIN.

yes, whitecoffee are correct...

fresh grad nowadays really cannot take the hard job....i really wonder why, dont they know that audit life is tough? if yes, why still keep complaining after joining in? if really cant take it, better dont join in the first place....

im in big 4...(not in KL)...also very low pay compared to the work i do now....but i can assure you especially for the fresh grad, audit line is a good start for u if u really want to learn...and it is a great stepping stone (as what whitecoffee said) for you to go commercial line...

I have a friend working in KMPG for 2 years as auditor alraedy and she is getting paid around 2800 per month but always working late. I heard working until midnight ler...tough life but she's strong so she can bear with it. I think with 2 years experience, 2800 is fairly good....what say you?

Hi all, I'm currently pursuing my ACCA, perhaps some of you are my seniors :praisegod:

There are always some curiosity flew across my mind about the role as an auditor.

1. What is the most challenging part as an auditor?

2. Auditor must work in audit firm? Or can either enter to commercial line?

3. Auditor who works in audit firm always get the salary lower than the commercial line account officer?

4. Does it claimed that auditor may suffer alot at the first few years, but then they will get better career advancement in the future?

5. In order to be an accountant, gain experiences as being an auditor first is a "must"? Or can alternatively to choose other career such as tax agent, banker, account executive?

6. After complete ACCA+3 years working experiences= accountant?

After local university degree in accounting+3 years working experiences= accountant as well?

Thousand of apologize for throwing so many queries at once.

Edited by jactval

Hi all, I'm currently pursuing my ACCA, perhaps some of you are my seniors :praisegod:

There are always some curiosity flew across my mind about the role as an auditor.

1. What is the most challenging part as an auditor?

2. Auditor must work in audit firm? Or can either enter to commercial line?

3. Auditor who works in audit firm always get the salary lower than the commercial line account officer?

4. Does it claimed that auditor may suffer alot at the first few years, but then they will get better career advancement in the future?

5. In order to be an accountant, gain experiences as being an auditor first is a "must"? Or can alternatively to choose other career such as tax agent, banker, account executive?

6. After complete ACCA+3 years working experiences= accountant?

After local university degree in accounting+3 years working experiences= accountant as well?

Thousand of apologize for throwing so many queries at once.

1. i dont think there 's any challenging part being auditor, just complete the job , meet the deadline, solve clients' and superior's queires.. . meet the criterias of Accountant Act......hmmm..maybe every part is challenging, since every job youre handling will be different.

2. if you work in an audit firm is called auditor, in commercial line, there is internal auditor.

3. this depends on one 's experience and qualification, the size and nature of the company is also part of the factors to determine the salary range. Generally, the commercial offers higher.

4. i dont think it is sufferring.

5. ..no comment.. see what you want to be.

6. if you want to be an accountant , specifically speaking, Chartered Accountant, you have to fulfil the requirements of MIA membership. You can check their website for the details.

So where are you working now? or are you in full time study?

Edited by shan shan

Actually in my opinion, most fresh graduates join audit firms because they offer more exposure. Unlike an accountant, you will only see from the perspective of the industry that your company is in. Whereas, when working as an auditor, you will be involved in more industries rather than just one.

Don't think too much about all the work involved. Just think of it as....investment for your resume.

Was in the external auditing field but find that the work is more or less the same (getting boring), so I just applied to another job advertisement.

With a position in an audit firm in your resume, its bound to be an added advantage. So is being in a professional body.

i have 1 year experience in audit line but only get RM 1.2k salary per month... Is it CIMA certificate unable to get higer salary? Or in Penang the salary rate is so low?

hi,anyone study aca icaew here like me?i wanted to ask.Am i able to get the practical experient during my course?or it will be counted after i graduate?and about what is the salary to expect when i graduate from aca icaew?thank you very much..And for those senior out there,is it hard to climb up the ladder in corporate?thank you

I wish to get in Big 4 but i kinda scared to work till midnight...haha As i know for Fresh grad, Big 4 will pay RM 2400.....

How come auditor salary so low?

Fresh grad salary in big 4 actually varies. Some big 4s in smaller towns, like ipoh only offer rm1700 per month for a fresh uni grad.

I have worked in BDO Binder for 6 month 1/2 a year then I decided to quit. I have found that auditor is such a suck job and acca papers are really not for human study.
Feeling rush and busy and no life will be best describe to all the future auditor. Stingy boss and demanding seniors are always there to pricked you mind.
If you do not like the audit job you will find all the account related stuff is just a stressful work. Clients not good, colleague also not good..
good luck for those who want to join big firm

Hi there,

Yeah I understood how is it like to be an auditor as I was one before... Well it kinda depends on the individual, if you like it then you will enjoy the work. But sad to say mostly people dislike it and the only things they like is the auditor's salary is kinda good now a days as compare to before. I came across this website www.accountantkey.com and I will normally recommend it to people who want to know more about accountancy. There's lots of informative stuff there. Oh by the way I am an ACCA lecturer and also my interest is as a Accountancy Career Coach biggrin.gif feel free to ask me anything about Accounting or Finance and I will do my best to answer your questions:)

Cheers,

Accountancy Career Coach

Hi there

Can anyone offers me some insights? Help me please....I am a fresh graduate...I have accounting degree and going to complete CPA..Now I have opportunity in a large MNCs in Penang...But all these while I thought of going into Big Fours....Which will be a better choice? Or will have better career prospect? I am willing to learn or to work long hours...I am confused which to choose...Is very important career choice for me...All seniors out there, please help. Thanks...Cheers...

[quote name='Alim87' date='14 June 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1276492532' post='584909']
Hi there

Can anyone offers me some insights? Help me please....I am a fresh graduate...I have accounting degree and going to complete CPA..Now I have opportunity in a large MNCs in Penang...But all these while I thought of going into Big Fours....Which will be a better choice? Or will have better career prospect? I am willing to learn or to work long hours...I am confused which to choose...Is very important career choice for me...All seniors out there, please help. Thanks...Cheers...
[/quote]

Hello there.

I am just gonna graduate soon but previously i had a 6months practical training at BDO therefore kinda know more bout it. In my opinion, working in audit firms are definitely low pay + long working hours. But the experiences gain are priceless. Even as trainee, i have to work until 12am almost everyday and even saturdays and sundays WITHOUT overtime pays. But there are also time where we get to go back early (as in 8, 9 something) its consider early for me. Haha. I guess it all depends on what you want. But for me, working in audit firms let me gain more exposure and a better understanding of the whole concept. I guess it is one of the factor that most of my seniors willing to endure the hard time for at least 2 to 3 years as by the time they venture out, they are more sought after and higher pay as well.

All the best yea =)

QUOTE (princessbaby @ Mar 13 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wish to get in Big 4 but i kinda scared to work till midnight...haha As i know for Fresh grad, Big 4 will pay RM 2400.....How come auditor salary so low?Fresh grad salary in big 4 actually varies. Some big 4s in smaller towns, like ipoh only offer rm1700 per month for a fresh uni grad.

Omg..ipoh big 4 so less?I thought at least they will pay RM2.5k...