Sign in to follow this  
joeyinmy

Laksa Lovers

Restaurant Kam Fatt ( Ho Chak) in Jalan Tong Shin

tn_11183_3.jpg

Asam Laksa RM4

tn_11183_4.jpg

Curry Mee RM4

Look Nice in the 8TV show. I think Laksa Lovers will like it.

Edited by joeyinmy

I kinda love curry laksa...

Mind sharing the address here?

But just my comment.. i feel that not all food that is recommend in Ho Chak is nice...

So far i had try penang laska it very unique using prawn paste as the gravy.

In singapore, we only have 1 common laska which looked like curry.

Never try asam laska before but will go malaysia 1 day and try. =)

I just moved to Penang and am really keen to try authentic Penang laksa. I heard that the laksa stalls in Air Itam are the most authentic. Is it true?

Looking forward to your recommendations!

wow wow!!!i am from kuching too...where do u think sell the best laksa??mind to share??

I think the one at golden arches is pretty good. But the best one i've tasted so far is at chong choon (or is it choon choon) cafe. Sorry, too long didn't go back kuching already. Now at KL n missing all the kolo mee n laksa. sigh...

i know there's few nice laksa ...

if u hav pass by this place... mayb u wud like to try out!

One is Gurun, Kedah! Exit from Gurun Utara Toll, u will pass by a railways track on the way to Gurun Town, look at the side ... that place usually pack especially peak day! The laksa is great! Price only around RM2/bowl n its halal too

Another one is down the kek lok si, Penang ... this was the best ...RM2.00/bowl

pictures here: http://jsyummy.blogspot.com/2008/10/food-heavens.html

Thereare many shop there ... but the one which is original promoted by local which is situated beside the pasar or roadside ... and not inside the pasar one ... the shop only sell 1 size of the laksa bowl only! No big or sma;ll juz standard!

Enjoy!

i have come penang for few years, and personally, i don't find the food here to be very tasty... maybe because I didn't go to the right place??

their taste tend to be sweet (sugary sweet), which i do not like it... i think they add sugar in laksa, curry, clear soup, and even tom yam soup also got sugar!! can't accept it.

by the way, when i was in jb i remember there was a van selling penang laksa, which is very very nice, and the seller claims he is from penang... I'm wondering why i could find good laksa in JB but not in penang? puzzled...

any good recommendation near bayan baru?

I think the one at golden arches is pretty good. But the best one i've tasted so far is at chong choon (or is it choon choon) cafe. Sorry, too long didn't go back kuching already. Now at KL n missing all the kolo mee n laksa. sigh...

hey...the 1 u refer is chuan choon...the 1 at padungan, am i right??err,his laksa is great but, u know they actually have a relative which selling same laksa in sekama,which is much more delicious..becos there has less customers,so the soup is superb unlike chuan choon will add water inside... <_< the most important is they have the same cooking recipe and the price and portion is much more cheaper and bigger...you should give a try when u came bek..it is BI FANG laksa...nowaday kch has so many nice laksa...foody goodie,sekama all these place can find delicious laksa...

i know there's few nice laksa ...

if u hav pass by this place... mayb u wud like to try out!

One is Gurun, Kedah! Exit from Gurun Utara Toll, u will pass by a railways track on the way to Gurun Town, look at the side ... that place usually pack especially peak day! The laksa is great! Price only around RM2/bowl n its halal too

Another one is down the kek lok si, Penang ... this was the best ...RM2.00/bowl

pictures here: http://jsyummy.blogspot.com/2008/10/food-heavens.html

Thereare many shop there ... but the one which is original promoted by local which is situated beside the pasar or roadside ... and not inside the pasar one ... the shop only sell 1 size of the laksa bowl only! No big or sma;ll juz standard!

Enjoy!

will give a try when i have chance to go there..thank ya

Edited by parrotsim

hey...the 1 u refer is chuan choon...the 1 at padungan, am i right??err,his laksa is great but, u know they actually have a relative which selling same laksa in sekama,which is much more delicious..becos there has less customers,so the soup is superb unlike chuan choon will add water inside... <_< the most important is they have the same cooking recipe and the price and portion is much more cheaper and bigger...you should give a try when u came bek..it is BI FANG laksa...nowaday kch has so many nice laksa...foody goodie,sekama all these place can find delicious laksa...

Haha yes forgot foody goody one.

Owh, ill give the sekama one a try when i go back next time. Thanks for the tip!

[color=#ff00ff]i love Sarawak laksa!!Yum!!![/color]