Sign in to follow this  
epileatheral

Malaysian General Election 2008

Oppositions win big!! I wonder any of you follow the interview last night at the tv while waiting for the elections results. There is this stupid political analyst who says that the opposition's victories are due to :

1) Chinese will vote chinese candidates only regardless of what party the candidate is in.

2) Opposition wins in Penang because Gerakan cannot decide who the next Chief Minister is so the people chose the only choice (DAP) they have

3) BN's losses is not due to people have no faith in government but because of racial issues.

4) The richest man in the country is a chinese. So, what else does the chinese want?

Having this kind of people as so called political analyst. No wonder opposition wins big. I feel sorry for Koh Tsu Koon though.

Well, i m glad BN lost big. Hopefully this will serve to humble them more and emphasise more on ppl instead of their cronies and their correct correct correct type of good friends. And i hope this will be the dawn of a new era where ppl's welface, rights and demands are well met and catered for.

I would like to see :

1. Less wastages eg, so many corridors... sending a monyet up into space..

2. More transparencies in govt, tenders and projects

3. Taking action on ppl who abused positions and power Eg Zakaria Deros of klang

4. More human rights freedom

5. More press freedoms, removal of party controlled newspapers directly or via third parties

6. Our country resources are more efficiently used

7. Less of Politicians who know how to make threats instead of Listening to the ppl. Eg, the Information Minister Datuk Zam

8. Less price hikes on tolls, electricity, petrol and so on. Tolls get hiked even though the toll companies are making 10x in profit and even a more stupid govt which signs an agreement to pay them compensation

9. Stop labelling any protest or dissent as racism..

10. Stop playing racial cards and making one race afraid of another race

And i hope Pak Lah learns well from this as well. Dont think that whatever u say is right and that malaysians will follow u like sheep. If ur fair, transparent and kept to your promises, we give u the support. But sadly, promises unkept, no transparency, and the only thing i hear is Pak lah says this, says that... duh

Dr M urge Pak Lah to resign.

Frankly speaking, I don't think the price hike in petrol can be avoided. World oil price is hiking. Although our country produces oil, we need the profit from the oil sales. That's why we need to sell our oil and buy lower quality oil

The thing is what they do with that profit. From what i know, 80 billion is just sitting in i-hate-petronas bank account. They should take the example of venezuela, bolivia, where profits from oil exports are used to subsidise the local petrol consumption.

Secondly, at the end of the day, what is the govt doing about helping ppl to find more alternative energy fuel like NGV, diesel and etc? They are certainly not encouraging i-hate-petronas or other oil companies to install more ngv stations nor are they removing the taxation and road tariff on diesel vehicle.

Thirdly, i believe if we use export to subsidise oil consumption, the real effect is a lower monetary reserve (unlike now which is very high). But the ppl and nation will certainly suffer more from inflation, higher operating cost, lower economic growth and higher crime rates.

Fourthly, malaysia is in a very unique position bcos:

1. We are one of few countries in the world who are net exporters

2. Our oil fetches 60% higher (after processing) becos it has lower sulfur content and hence mainly bought by airlines, militaries and space agencies

3. Our petrol consumption is minimal compared to the amount we export.

Well, my area got total black out while i was watching the result at night...... electricity returned 3,4 hours after that, wondering if that is because opposition won that area LOL, coz that is one of the two that won by opposition.

Anyway, i really hope opposition can put in all effort in order not to disappoint all the supporters, and BN can prove that they still the best, then all of us can benefit from there.

I'm SO happy with the election outcome. 5 states gone to opposition. The candidates I voted also won at parliamentary and state level. This election has taught everyone that every dog has its day and never under estimate the power of people. I believe this time around, people were united as one, as Malaysians, to vote out the incompetent candidates coz we want change. And its a huge responsibility on the opp now to prove that they can do better than BN. But in due time I am sure they will prove us all of our votes.

mmm initially i was very happy that malaysians are now united in voice irregardless of race and throwing a vote against all those ridiculous and stupid policies.

But another thought just dawned and it made me worried.

The winnings enjoyed by the opposition are due to a large part of votes obtained by PKR and whereby malays voted against the govt. What i worry is that in the next few years, in the govt attempt to secure back those support, they might play on the following to bring back those malay votes:

1. Fear of chinese

2. Lost of business, employment and economic opportunities

3. Non malays controlling the economies

4. Loss of bumiputra rights

etc etc

And some issues which they can cause a split in PKR-DAP alliance whch will result in erosion of confidence.

of course, i certainly hope it wont happen. I want to live in peace too hehe

They told us (chinese) "This is a Islam country, if u dont like it then Balik kampung" Well since he said that, maybe thats why so many voted else where. You DONT say that... out loud (stupid!)

And anyway... Malays werent the ones who owned msia first!

I definitely agree that bumiputra rights should be executed! but then, nothing is EVER FAIR in Malaysia *rolls eyes*

I would like to see :

1. Less wastages eg, so many corridors... sending a monyet up into space..

2. More transparencies in govt, tenders and projects

3. Taking action on ppl who abused positions and power Eg Zakaria Deros of klang

4. More human rights freedom

5. More press freedoms, removal of party controlled newspapers directly or via third parties

6. Our country resources are more efficiently used

7. Less of Politicians who know how to make threats instead of Listening to the ppl. Eg, the Information Minister Datuk Zam

8. Less price hikes on tolls, electricity, petrol and so on. Tolls get hiked even though the toll companies are making 10x in profit and even a more stupid govt which signs an agreement to pay them compensation

9. Stop labelling any protest or dissent as racism..

10. Stop playing racial cards and making one race afraid of another race

yes! yes! yes! oh yes!

They told us (chinese) "This is a Islam country, if u dont like it then Balik kampung" Well since he said that, maybe thats why so many voted else where. You DONT say that... out loud (stupid!)

I definitely agree that bumiputra rights should be executed! but then, nothing is EVER FAIR in Malaysia *rolls eyes*

malays have so many friends of other races, they also dowan them to 'balik kampung' lor. so they are also annoyed with all these jokers. people also feel shy to be represented by bad people.

My stand is with Lordy. Hopefully the opposition will take this chance to make Malaysia a better place. I realize that this time's election is not a RACIAL issue anymore. It's not about the race.. but it's more about the People VS the getting more and more corrupted goverment.

I like the way PKR and DAP cooperated and hopefully it will remain in good tandem for years to come.

Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the results.

I also think that this is not about racial issues as speculated. If wants to discuss about fair, i guess till whenever also there'll be no solution. I guess the election shows unstability and voices unheard. SO i guess thats why people voted for the opposittion. I dont like people pointing as malays, chinese, bla bla.. it makes sounds too racial. Eventho it might not meant that way, but it might be misleading in a way. Selfish people always talk about "I" compared to "us".

My stand is with Lordy. Hopefully the opposition will take this chance to make Malaysia a better place. I realize that this time's election is not a RACIAL issue anymore. It's not about the race.. but it's more about the People VS the getting more and more corrupted goverment.

I like the way PKR and DAP cooperated and hopefully it will remain in good tandem for years to come.

Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the results.

I quite agree that this time, the election results is not base upon race anymore. BN was hoping to base upon race to win and i am very happy that it didnt turn out this way. BN should realise that everyone, from every race, from every culture is affected by the way they been handling the economy, racial integration, and many other govt policies in the past 4 years.

And i hope the PKR-DAP-PAS alliance will work together as a team irregardless of political beliefs and bring benefit to Malaysian irregardless of where, who or what they are. And i hope that selfish interest wont over take the common people's interest.

I'm glad that the wind of change have happened and the rakyat have done what some deem "impossible". Stepping into our 51st year since Merdeka, the change have finally happened. For me, I'm proud to have played apart in this historical moment to be able to help out, being there to see the difference and when I heard the news after the final counting in our school was done and the result, the faces all around in the school compound was priceless.

Prior to the campaigning time, Haris Ibrahim came up with The People's Declaration. It reflects the hope for what we want for our country for our future generation. For those who is interested you can read about the Declaration here : http://harismibrahim.wordpress.com/the-peo...es-declaration/ from here it gave birth to "Barisan Rakyat" the oppostion who supported The People's Declaration manifesto.

From the Declaration came Get-an-MP initiative which forms the group of like minded people within the constituency who support MP who speaks out for the rakyat. There was 'PJ Utara get an MP’, 'PJ Selatan get an MP', ‘Klang get an MP’ and the ‘Serdang get an MP' as well as the ‘Keep your MP’ for the Kepong, Seputeh, Cheras and Bukit Bintang constituencies and many others that I'm not in touch with. None of these initiated groups are from any political parties but residence from all walks of life. I'm not sure about others but for GetanMP PJU itself consist of 70 yrs old man to mid 20's.

These inititative groups will other than being pro-active during the election, helping out and organising open forums for both of the partisan so that the residence can understand more about people we are going to elect, interviews done personally among others, they will also be part of the committee who will monitor the elected MP.

Works is on the way ...for every Barisan Rakyat candidate that is successfully voted into Parliament or a state assembly, Haris Ibrahim will also put in place an initiative to set up for that constituency a ‘Representative Watch Committee’ (RWC).

The function of the RWC would be to work closely with the elected representative and to report back to the constituents, at least on a quarterly basis. The representative is expected to keep the RWC informed of policy that is being formulated or discussed ad impending legislation. In turn, the RWC serves as a conduit pipe to channel to the elected representative matter of concern of the voters.

With this, we dont just sit back and "HOPE" things will turn out ok but we, the people who elected the people up there to do the task will be part of the driving force to MAKE it happen. Make them toe the line or else boot them out next. Participation gives life. I have personally seen it happen with the GetanMP PJU inititatives under the guidance of Haris Ibrahim and I believe things will work out as long as the people work hand in hand with the elected MP.

Personally, I cant wait to see the ‘Representative Watch Committee’ (RWC) comes to life... I cant wait to see the changes this brings for the coming years to PJU.

agree!! they should realise by now that bumiputra rights have made most of them slow n lazy!

and UMNO shouldnt have said :" Malaysia is made up of 60% Malays, so UMNO will not lose" -.-

Well said everyone :) the gov. thought they'll win 'big' again but they r dead wrong :clapclap:

I'm in Perth n there's no way for me to vote as I was being told only government servant n mara student in Perth r allow to vote :rolleyes: what sort of rubbish is these??!! guess they tot ppl who r overseas'll deffinately vote against the gov :P

Law of nature...the higher it goes,the harder it crashes....91% popularity to BN became 5 states fallen to BR,the highest since 69

veron,your news is not something new.

In fact,there is news today by Malaysiakini that the seat initially went to PKR by a razor-thin majority of 141 votes but a recount saw Khairy winning by a staggering difference of 5,000 votes.He is son-in law to present PM.

Also ,some blogger questioning whether Mukriz Mahathir cheated in elections,bcos there was 99.85% turnout rate!

this uncertainty need to be solved in the court.

Consider coming back to Malaysia bcos a new dawn has come b4 next GE ,to cement off this victory by Malaysian!

Anyway......Merdeka!!!!!!:cheers:

Edited by fall

btw i just got an email from dunno who, saying tht

"Berita Terkini Dalam Malaysia

Khabar Yang Diseludup Keluar Dari Mesyuarat Sulit Pemimpin UMNO

Najib, Hissamudin dan pemimpin UMNO lain menentang keras perlantikan Khairy Jamaluddin sebagai Menteri Dalam Jabatan Perdana Menteri oleh Badawi.

Berpuluh ribuan ahli-ahli UMNO mula menyertai PKR dan PAS.

TV dan suratkhabar Malaysia terpaksa menutup gelap berita terbaru ini."

wonder if its another rumor or 'hidden' news..

btw i just got an email from dunno who, saying tht

"Berita Terkini Dalam Malaysia

Khabar Yang Diseludup Keluar Dari Mesyuarat Sulit Pemimpin UMNO

Najib, Hissamudin dan pemimpin UMNO lain menentang keras perlantikan Khairy Jamaluddin sebagai Menteri Dalam Jabatan Perdana Menteri oleh Badawi.

Berpuluh ribuan ahli-ahli UMNO mula menyertai PKR dan PAS.

TV dan suratkhabar Malaysia terpaksa menutup gelap berita terbaru ini."

wonder if its another rumor or 'hidden' news..

I received the same sms but it was in chinese version.