Sign in to follow this  
`cherish

American Universities at United states?

You can check with your advisor in malaysia as he/she can give you better advise.Don't worry,not everyone is lucky enough to find a good paying job fresh out of college.Education in overseas is just a different experience.I have friends that did their degree locally that had the same share of success in their career in msia, is really up to you.You can revise what option you have with your family, think this is better for you.

Okay, thanks a lot dear :)

Wait a second,

Let's see...

How many years do you have left in UCLA?

Once you graduate, you go back to SG to work with a multinnational company right?

Let's say, after the Olympics, China's growth tremendously slowed. Do you think the high paying jobs exist then even in S.E Asia?

No matter how much you spent in the States, or any countries, you will be struggling to earn back your tuition fees. UNLESS your degree is highly sought after.

How do I know? Buddy, i owned a luxury performance shop before; and i shut it down because of the recession. And i never made back the money i used for my education.

Now, i am thinking of completing ACCA status and then open my own consulting firm.

Edited by AdamG

Wait a second,

Let's see...

How many years do you have left in UCLA?

Once you graduate, you go back to SG to work with a multinnational company right?

Let's say, after the Olympics, China's growth tremendously slowed. Do you think the high paying jobs exist then even in S.E Asia?

No matter how much you spent in the States, or any countries, you will be struggling to earn back your tuition fees. UNLESS your degree is highly sought after.

How do I know? Buddy, i owned a luxury performance shop before; and i shut it down because of the recession. And i never made back the money i used for my education.

Now, i am thinking of completing ACCA status and then open my own consulting firm.

not exactly...i dont really know what job im exactly going to have to be honest with you. im majoring in biological sciences, and...MIGHT want to do pre-med. so it all really depends.

i might not even return home to find a job...may want to find a stable job here and get some experience first. UCLA may find some OPT work for me, and from there onwards, i can continue.

so it all really depends.

not exactly...i dont really know what job im exactly going to have to be honest with you. im majoring in biological sciences, and...MIGHT want to do pre-med. so it all really depends.

i might not even return home to find a job...may want to find a stable job here and get some experience first. UCLA may find some OPT work for me, and from there onwards, i can continue.

so it all really depends.

You are on the right track, because your degree is sought after. Anything gotta do with math and science, you will easily get a H1 visa, and many multinational companies will hire you.

You are on the right track, because your degree is sought after. Anything gotta do with math and science, you will easily get a H1 visa, and many multinational companies will hire you.

well, hopefully. H1 visas are too hard to get nowadays tbh. but fortunately i can apply for the H1B1 visa. would you consider majors such as political, social sciences a "science" degree?

are you in california now?

Edited by loafyofbread

well, hopefully. H1 visas are too hard to get nowadays tbh. but fortunately i can apply for the H1B1 visa. would you consider majors such as political, social sciences a "science" degree?

are you in california now?

I think Congress just passed a law to increase the applications for H1 B visa (for math/science majors)

By science, i think they want more actuarial science majors, engineering major; etc.

Yes, i am in SF Bay Area heading home soon.