Sign in to follow this  
sweetMango

what is a hair relaxer?

Hello everyone. I went to a hair salon to purchase a hair masque for myself, and the senior hairstylist recomended me to do a hair relaxer to tame my frizzy, hard and wavy hair). Sorry I sound so Ulu, but I have never come across this hair relaxer thing. Is this a treatment or something like hair rebonding? I asked him wht does hair relaxer damange hair like what rebonding does, he answered no and claimed that it will last for 6 months with not futher hair treatment needed. I was quite interested to try it out in the future, sounds like a good thing to try out :clapclap: . Can anyone give me any comment on hair relaxer? is the result good? Thanks alot!!!

not really a fan of hair relaxer <_<

prefer rebonding

but if u have curly hair & just wanna smooth it out

or frizz free,..perhaps hair relaxer is better :rolleyes:

hair rebonding is a technique from japan

& it use a pretty strong chemicals

to me, if u use chemicals on ur hair

even the lightest chemical

u still need to do hair treatment,.. :whistling:

if u need detail explanation abt hair relaxer

try check out this site :

http://www.skinbiology.com/truthabouthairrelaxers.html

hope it helps :):)

If i'm not mistaken, there are two type of hair straightenin :

rebonding / straightening

relaxer

- suppose relaxer method is more gentle and less harm. However, all sort of perm and hair straightening already start give our hair spoil. I did rebonding not knowing it is strangtening / relaxer coz i'm more concern about the cost (me very poor). I normally do my hair straightening at my neighbourhood salon.. yeah those ah beng ah lian hair salon. Mine is armpit length cost around RM150-180 while salon eg : MIKO RM250

Of course, if this is your first time doing hair straightening, might you wanna go to "better known" hair salon like MIKO.

I remember my first time doin cost RM400++ and so long some more (5 hours or so). Nowadays it is cheaper and less than 2 hours

For me, i tie my hair most of the time and i only do hair straightening once a year .. just want to make sure my hair dun go wild :D

Hmm.. I had a bad xperience with relaxer actually.. I went to THOMAS & GUYS Shah Alam to cut my hair (BOB) n do d relaxer thingy.. The total amount was RM206 (relaxer=rm180, cut=26).. Afta finished the process my hair was so darn nice n i'm not regreting it.. But then i washed my hair and it turn out not so straight, messy n dry.. :( The stylist told me already dat relaxer not like rebonding and its doesnt last long but i was suprised, "didnt last long" was for 7 days (a week)!!!!! But d bob was nice.. N now i regretttt.. With that amount of money and hair length, i shud do rebonding.. :(

from what my favurite hair care consultant told me is, relaxer just for temp and not suit for very frizzy hair, the result would not as staright and smooth as rebonding, if talk harmful to hair, both are harmful, but rebonding if doing well by professional hair stylist, harmful will be less and havign silky feel. but cannot tight your hair after you do rebonding.

Rebonging nowaday so cheap outthere simply bcoz, some of those ah beng ah lian salon using relaxer cream treat as rebonding cream, nobody know since those lousy salon always do things at one small tiny room, mix this mix that, like do experiment. I wouldnt suggest to only look for low price but also need to know what they use on my hair, that is great different result if they use different ingredients to do the rebonding. beware!!!!

my favourite salon is K CARE SHOP, which had 7 branches around Kepong and PJ area, i normally go to the PJ SS2/64 and SS24 Taman Megah Branch, their stylist are very professional in Rebonding, they normally give you Rebonding System from Gernmany or JApan (Black & White PAck), some stylist would ask to use L'Oreal X-tenso, from my experience, better dont, it take more time to do, and wait like hell.,...so dont forget to ask for (balck & white pack) rebonding system.

I just do my rebonding last week, very satisfied, at PJ SS2/64 (beside Guardian & nearby McDonalds), if you are interested you can call for appoinment as what i do so far, their number is 07-78777307 ....stylist i would recommended Alex (can speak english) / Kelvin (Cantonese) , both aslo very professional...

recently, they got promotion for rebonding, if not mistaken....emmm......RM299 for quality rebonding system + TRIM + TREATMENT + color hilight......really value for money lah....from my experience.....or u dont want this they have others promotion also...ask them lo...i cant remmebr so much and i dont have commsion also....haha......but i'm their FANS......hope these helpful to you.....