Sign in to follow this  
pinky^rich

Loose Powder

I am currently using Anna Sui and Dodo club palgatong loose powder.... i find both not bad and kinda lasting ;)

I have tried various, but not many of them stay longer than 5-6 hours (even with touch-ups)

But here's some that I kinda adore and would love to continue buying it:

1. Laura Mercier - Natural, yet a bit dollish, not cakey....

2. Revlon - though it's not as expensive as others, it stays and I don't need retouch my make up!

3. Shu Uemura - what can I say? Most ppl who used any of their products simply can't deny it!

4. Kanebo - same effect like laura mercier but cheaper.

5. Lancome - Heavy, but hey, no one can see my pores at all!

Here's some that didn't really work for me..

1. MAC - sorry, cos i have friends working at MAC.

2. Paul & Joe - the one which stay the shortest!

3. Dior - too heavy and don't look natural at all.

Meanwhile, good luck in buying yourself a new loose powder!

My all time fav - Loreal Loose Powder . Its cheap and works perfect on me.

At home i apply SPF cream follow by loose powder (as oil control)

When goin out, i apply liquid foundation follow by loose powder.

well, for me...

work best is Chacott....from Japan:)

then Bobbi Brown.

then Revlon...must buy imported one...Malaysia one is darn cacat...do can compare from imported and local one...so big different

I use before...

Red earth loose powder - Not bad at all ^^

Skin food loose powder - quite okay... but do get a bit cakey sometimes.

Anna sui Loose powder - <3 love the box, love the smell, love the soft texture, love the really flawless look it gives.

Giorgio Armani Luminous silk powder - i use as loose powder by using face brush. <3 i reckon this loose powder works really really well. Gives u that really luminous silk texture just like the foundation. My HG loose powder. 2nd will be the anna sui <3 both are so awesome ^^

if u r frm m'sia then i guess not much choice la ahahaha....but u can try RMK loose powder, or even GA loose powder..not bad also. other brand which i haven try before but heards lots of review, can try lunasol. :)

depending on your budget.

Drugstore (forgot... RM40 I think): KATE loose powder - it is very smooth and translucent. contains some light shimmer to give the skin a more flawless finish

High End (RM149): Giorgio Armani Loose Powder - Slightly more pigmented but still very sheer. Very smooth finish with no cakey feeling or look at all. also has light shimmers

majority of us talking about the finish. what about the staying power???

im interested in buying GA.... or Laura Mercier....or maybe....Lunasol....maybe REVLON

i need longer staying power...but not cakey..

can't really expect much staying power from loose powder. loose powder is meant for setting foundation and giving the skin an overall softer finish. Staying power would depend more on the foundation I'd say. If your foundation helps to control the emission of oil, you wouldn't have to touch up so much. maybe just some compact powder after going out for lunch to freshen up.

I'm currently using Laura Mercier - transculent

very fine texture, quite lasting as my face doesnt feel oily. actually it depends on everyone, if your skin is different, the outcome will not be the same for everyone

as for LM's, I feel the color abit too whitish.. but I like the texture of it. :)

I'm using Make Up Forever...very fine and smoooth...and provide a matte and natural finishing

Chanel and GA's also good (for GA i prefer their luminous silk foundation (lsf)...BEST!!!)

Shu Uemura a bit too heavy for me..looks thick

Well i'm using Johnson Young White, this won't cause irritation or clog pores (I have sensitive skin). It helps cover up my sunblock oily shine and it really look natural that my frens didn't notice I apply powder on my face.

But it won't help cover up scars or blemishes or things like that :goof:

Hiya..

so far I have used only 2 loose powder's before

Dior Skin Loose Powder - I got this due to the good reviews in MakeupAlley.. so far it is okie... I like the finish.. not too matte but not so good oil control but if you use a matte foundation with this, maybe it can last longer... I like the fan like brush that come with the loose powder...

MUFE - so far so good... superb oil control and very fine. However, I still need some time to master the application as it looks cakey when I just apply it......

Anyway, just wanna get some opinion, will we get a better finish if we use the same foundation and loose powder from the same brand :???: .... or it doesn't really matter... :???: the brand can mix.... just wondering.....

Hiya..

so far I have used only 2 loose powder's before

Dior Skin Loose Powder - I got this due to the good reviews in MakeupAlley.. so far it is okie... I like the finish.. not too matte but not so good oil control but if you use a matte foundation with this, maybe it can last longer... I like the fan like brush that come with the loose powder...

MUFE - so far so good... superb oil control and very fine. However, I still need some time to master the application as it looks cakey when I just apply it......

Anyway, just wanna get some opinion, will we get a better finish if we use the same foundation and loose powder from the same brand :???: .... or it doesn't really matter... :???: the brand can mix.... just wondering.....

It is not necessarily better if you use foundation and loose powder from the same brand. If both the foundation and loose powder are really good then it's great. Otherwise you can "go out."

My recommendation:

1) Anna Sui

2) Chanel

This two brand is my favourite... never will ever change to any better. Loves it :wub:

Hi this may sound cheap but it actually works! My trick is that I just use normal baby powder (any brand at all) applied with a large make-up brush for my face after make-up. But make sure avoid eye area as it may be drying for those areas. It's very economical but it really works. I'd apply it after putting on foundation. Then I'd run the brush for some 4-5 times all over my face and neck and I'll get an even-toned skin, all prepped up for my make-up session. It lasts the whole day too (provided that your sunblock/moisturizer suits your skin and doesnt get oily by mid-morning!) Try it :)