Sign in to follow this  
shawnjun

Chemical Peel for skin

Hi, I really hope someone can give me some info about chemical peels or also known as microdermabrasion. I have suffered from acne scar all over my face. and I'm so depresed by it. I had been finding some info about it on-line but there are so few of info about it in m'sia. Is there any side-effect? How much will it cost? Where can I have it? (KL area) Will it be effective?

I really hope someone can help me regarding this. Thanks you.

shawnjun

im doin microdermabrasion...very good results..scars are almost gone, no more active acne di and blackheads are also not visible..skin is smoother also but be careful..i dun trust beauticians to do microdermabrasion lor..i did mine at a clinic and the dr did a good job for me at a reasonable price.>:)

shawnjun

im doin microdermabrasion...very good results..scars are almost gone, no more active acne di and blackheads are also not visible..skin is smoother also but be careful..i dun trust beauticians to do microdermabrasion lor..i did mine at a clinic and the dr did a good job for me at a reasonable price.>:)

dazzlingme, is microdermabrassion cause painful feeling? do we have to stay away fr sunlight after doing this treatment?

hi....currently im using micro-dermabrasion set fom Nutri Metics.it cost me RM 299.it made from fine quartz crystal and sea buckton oil.it can be used few times.Its much more cheaper than Lancome or other brand since the brand dont appear at magazine.it totally imported.so far im satisfied with the result.if u interested,tell me yur area and i'll tell u the nearest place u can get the stuff.

the clinic i went to is really good ler..somemore can negotiate with the dr wan haahhahaha....

i went to clinic christina chea in usj taipan there....

lemonbaby

my acne and scar is quite bad ler ( with chicken pox scars oso )..my first trreatment was quite painful..( i have to admit but still bearable )...acc to the dr she gave me a power booster for first time treatment..( skin was red, ..not patches of red but like small small dots of redness..my skin is considered sensitive and still can tolerate this treatment so i guess it is quite safe lor .)...the redness went away after 1 1/2 days ..it will take ard 2-3 days for the redness to be completely gone..my skin got used to subsequent treatments n it is not as painful n red as the first treatment...

it is ok to go under the sun ler but mmust put sunblock...u'll experience some tingling sensation only...but try to stay indoors lor lol..:)

shawnjun

i went to clinic christina chea is usj taipan..

she is charging me 250 one session..( microdermabrasion plus oxypro plus mask and sometimews they do extraction for u )..but hv to sign up for ten sessions to enjoy this price..if not need to pay 350 one session...the last time i mention i heard bout her clinic from forum she gave me extra two face lift session...quite good ler....2500 for ten sessions plus two face lift session : )

y dun u go pay her a visit n see wat she says lah? i did 4 treatments di and i think my scars will b completely gone by the 6 or 7 treatment the way i see it...but the recommended session is ten times lor..

:)..

ehhe alamak...ask mommy to sponsor .. :P ;...

it is near wisma sime uep usj 10 i think...near a maxis n tmnet shop..

did u give u any skin product? kkinda interested...but have to think 1st..hehe

dazzlingme~ Does the doc do treatments for back acne and scars? And did you start the treatment while you still had active acne or did you have to wait until all the acne cleared up? :)

heidi

when i still have active acne..:) and at the same time i stopped my usual skincare stuffs..im using the products from her clinic and the cleansers and she gave me; some aha lotion..really cleared up my acne.i even stopped taking antibiotics.erm heidi i duno if she do back acne i think she does ler..coz she is into body treatments also..why dun u go visit her?n see wat she says.

aagie..

yea im using her skincare stuffs...very good ler if dunwanna spend $$ on micro jus try the products first..good ...but i cant take the toner she gave me..too strong for my skin so i jus use my own toner...ooo and one good rec, her sunblock is DARN GOOD....called heliocare spf 50,..not very expensive oso...ard rm 103 i thik.

hihi...i new here

i try the chemical peel before, is good for pimple scar...is true

after the treatment, ur skin will become babe skin but til have to maintain it

THE FACE SHOP(QUICK &CLEAN) is good for the oily n pimple skin

i am using now... :)

Hello gals, i'm a newbie here. I'm interested in this topic coz i'm also suffer from acne, scar and open pores problem. The saddest thing is i've spent a lot on beauty products, went to facial almost every 2 weeks, and still cannot see too much improvement. Am getting impatient with the costly facial treatment i signed up, coz the beautician always said it's my hormone imbalance that cause outbreak.... oh, my god!

Chemical peel, microdermabrassion, IPL.... what do you all thinks which works better for my condition?

To bernie, where did you get ur chemical peel treatment? and how soon u experienced the result?

To dazzlingme, I'm interested to find out the microdermabrassion from your doctor. Can you give me the name and address, contact number of the clinic?

Thanks so much :)

dear mgweiss

the microderm treatment is really good i went for my fifth treatment today and my acne scars are almost gone..( not to mention chicken pox scars )..lol im very very very happpy with the treatment and i think i will still do microderm for maintainance purpose even after my scars are completely gone...like once a month..i rather do this treatment than facials coz i think it is much more effective in keeping acne at bay..:)...the doctor is a lady doctor with lotsa experience when it comes to skincare and very very helpful...go pay her a visit lar....she will take a before and after pic so u'll know how much ur skin has improved : )....

the name of the clinic is clinic christina chea at usj taipan near tmpoint, maxis wisma sime uep that area.....clinic number is 56313909....

Edited by dazzlingme

to all babes interested in doing microderm plus oxypro treatment from this clinic..

i went in today for my fifth treatment and mentioned to the dr that I recommended her clinic on myb, she is very very happy n told me that there will be a promotion for myb customers...just walk in and mention tat u heard of the clinic from the forum to get face lift sessions for freeeeee !!!!>..:):P

in whut sense?...i mean whut's safe for me might not be safe for u right? and vice versa...i guess it depends on what are your worries ...but generally microdermabrasions are well tolerated unlike laser treatments which often results in broken capillaries...the best way is to consult the doctor herself ..:)...oh and u wanted to know bout the clinic?...it is clinic christina chea in usj taipan..:)

dear MGWIESS

i do my treatment in malacca because i frm malacca. one of doctor call Dr.Piang, he do it for me and heis expert in the skin treatment. the chemical peel is good for the pimple scar but u need2 do few time. the doctor will apply something toward my face, the next day...skin will feel very very dry n brownies. after few day, my skin start peeling. after few day more... brownies skin will totally peel off. the skin will become very nice but in my case, my pimple a bit active so after the treatment...pimple til appear, a bit sad...

girls, if ur all1 to do the chemical peel...find a doctor who are expert in this area, more safety...n doctor will look at ur skin n giving advice because doing peeling is depend of ur skin n before the treatment, the doctor may giving u other treatment tat can help u to control the active ance problem1...step by step. this is my experience...

dear MGWIESS

i do my treatment in malacca because i frm malacca. one of doctor call Dr.Piang, he do it for me and heis expert in the skin treatment. the chemical peel is good for the pimple scar but u need2 do few time. the doctor will apply something toward my face, the next day...skin will feel very very dry n brownies. after few day, my skin start peeling. after few day more... brownies skin will totally peel off. the skin will become very nice but in my case, my pimple a bit active so after the treatment...pimple til appear, a bit sad...

girls, if ur all1 to do the chemical peel...find a doctor who are expert in this area, more safety...n doctor will look at ur skin n giving advice because doing peeling is depend of ur skin n before the treatment, the doctor may giving u other treatment tat can help u to control the active ance problem1...step by step. this is my experience...

berniee

last time i wanted to try chemical peel oso but did research microdermabrasion is better...y dun u ask ur doctor about microdermabrasion n do it in malacca?...coz microdermabrasion can treat active acne and congested skin also plus the skintone will b more even compared to chemical peels....( since u said u still have acne after the peel...hmm..dun u think it is a waste to do chemical peel when u still have active acne?...coz ur newly developed acne will cause redness n maybe scarring..)..hmm just my opinion..:P...pls share with me yea?..:)

Thanks Dazzling me n bernie. Thanks for the helpful information. Dear dazzlingme, i'm curious about the difference of doing diamond dermabrassion at clinic VS bauty saloon. From the picture i saw from Dr Christina's website, it looks quite the same for those used in beauty saloon. I actually did a diamond facial treatment at the "lousy" beauty saloon I went before. The beutician used a machine and a pen (with diamond on its tip) then she moved this pen around my face. She said it was to suck n remove the dead layer, then its extraction of blackhead + whitehead n finally she apply a hydrating mask for me But it didn't take too long time for the diamond treatment session? May i know how long is ur tx session? Do you also get mask or extraction?

However, few days after the treatment, my skin has breakout again :( hai...... hai...... hai................. I'm so sad.

i'm interested in doing microdermabrasion, but here in KK sabah only have microneedling (looks more painful yikes, but very effective on large sugery/accident scars. but i just have large open pores and ance scars and chicken pox scar i don't think "needling" is necessary) at medical centre.

i guess i need to find out which clinic provide microdermabrasion ccoz i dun trust beauty salon too.