Sign in to follow this  
rachellejane

how tall is the average height?

i think you are tall :P

i am 154cm only, most said i am short but some said i am average height

it depends on personal view la actually

I think that's a good average, you would be a slightly bit taller than most girls i know but not too tall to tower out most of the guys. Keep well toned and exercise & you'll have an outstanding figure. C ya.

I'm 150

common call as dwarf FYI

LOL

I dont know, but i think the average height for a female is 5'7... im 5'4.

I'd say thats a bit taller than average, particularly if you're talking about asian females. From a sociology article I read (perhaps a year ago), the average height of caucasian women in America between the ages of 18 - 35 is 5'4" (163cm). I think its safe to assume that asian females, on average, are a bit shorter than caucasians. :)

From my personal observations, I'd say the average height of asian women tends to be around 157 - 160cm (5'2" - 5'3"). In Australia, an asian girl thats 165cm + is considered somewhat tall, whereas a caucasian girl thats 172cm + is considered relatively tall. Just some useless info for y'all hehe. :P

I’m 5’7” but I think the average height for Malaysian girls are between 5’2”-5’5”

i am 171cm. being at this height is stupid. although clothes will look nice on you, but wearing heels with my ex is a problem. all my ex is around 172-178cm. so if i wear heels, i look more like their sister than girlfriend.

Im 163cm and I think my height falls in the average circle. Coz I found out most of my girl friends are of the same height with me. Perhaps minus or plus a few centimetres only :D

Just out of curiousity, how do y'all measure yourself?

Are you just estimating/guessing? Or have you had your height tested properly (e.g medical examination) ?

I find it funny that some of you are actually considered somewhat tall (for girls) going by your listed heights, yet you consider yourself only average or even short! :P

The only conclusion I can come up with is that you're either over-estimating your own height, or you have a slightly skewed perception (probably due to media representation) on what is considered tall (going by statistics, not opinion). Anyway, no big deal either way...carry on! :D

Just out of curiousity, how do y'all measure yourself?

Are you just estimating/guessing? Or have you had your height tested properly (e.g medical examination) ?

I find it funny that some of you are actually considered somewhat tall (for girls) going by your listed heights, yet you consider yourself only average or even short! :P

The only conclusion I can come up with is that you're either over-estimating your own height, or you have a slightly skewed perception (probably due to media representation) on what is considered tall (going by statistics, not opinion). Anyway, no big deal either way...carry on! :D

i got my Personal Trainer to measure it for me. they have the proper tool for measuring. i am tall because of mix parental. dad is portuguese and mom is chinese. they are both tall. and making me naturally tall also.

Edited by dee

i got my Personal Trainer to measure it for me. they have the proper tool for measuring. i am tall because of mix parental. dad is portuguese and mom is chinese. they are both tall. and making me naturally tall also.

Thats cool, so at least we know your listed height is accurate. Anyway I wasn't really directing my post at you...since you do realize that you are tall! Haha :P

I was directing it at the ppl who think being 165cm - 168cm is short...because according to statistics its not! For a guy yes, but not for a girl of any ethnicity, including caucasians! I think most people here measure themselves off others (e.g oh my friend says she is 167cm, I'm aproximately 2cm shorter, so therefore I'm 165cm). Or maybe they measure themselves off those machines in shopping malls, which only give you a rough indication at best. I've seen people get measured properly (especially in phys-ed) and get a rude awakening because they're not as tall as they thought they were. Some people lose as much as 5-7cm in this process of "truth" haha. :lol:

i'm 153cm..

i'm not sad about it but i wish i was taller ..hehehe

don't like others to belittle me!!!

im 158.

so i think anything above 160 should be fine.

among my friends i might not be the tallest.

i certainlly do not want to be.

last year i mixed with some of my friends who are around my height or slightly shorter.

its difficult for me as i love wearing heals.

but with them, wearing heals make me feel like a giant.

i rather be short.

then to feel like a giant.

the best would be to be average..

plus... guys nowadays arent that tall anymore :P

i'm 165cm, i think it's just nice! not too tall not too short!

very easy to find clothes and can carry most designs!

but my bf always say im short and want me to wear higher heels....cos he is 186cm.. :<