Sign in to follow this  
jaytee

17 and MAYBE pregnant!!

I know I am too late to say this, but my advice to all single girls out there, if you happen to have unprotected sex "accidentally", by all means, go to your nearest clinics- a GP will do, and ask for a 'morning after pill", it force your period to come early, and prevent you for pregnancy, I suppose it is very bad for your body, so don't do it unless you have no other choice.

i know its stupid, but everyone makes a stupid decision every now and then right? Just so happens that MY stupid mistake will be life changing. Im so young, and i really dont think im ready for a... *cough* baby. My bf and i had *sex* 2 weeks ago... and... he didnt use a condom. Zzz. Withdrawal technique la. We weren't thinking.. and i REALLY regret it now. Abstinence is key. I will never do it again.. not until im married!! Omg. I don't know for sure if im preg or not... but.. its just been really stressful. My mom knows what im going through, as well as my bf... thats comforting, but still doesnt change the fact.

My period is due anytime now... and i am faithfully awaiting it's arrival. My breast have become abnormally bigger (o.O) more like firmer... zzz. and... and... im so scared. My parents do not allow me to contact my bf, because they weren't too happy when they found out i was sleeping with him. If i am preg for sure, then they will allow me to contact him, meet up and discuss etc.

My options have been laid out for me. 1) marry the guy (im 17. studies not even over. wtf?) 2) keep the baby, raise it with the help of parents 3) abortion (this option is not reli applicable to me. my parents are strongly against it... and so am i. it is never right to kill a life)

Right now im just waiting... waiting... hoping for the best. Here i am. looking for support or help from... MB?? I don't seem to see anyone in malaysia sharing bout their teenage pregnancies. Altho i know a few. Sigh. =(

HELP ME X(

From what I gather, your family is behind you in this matter. Talk to them about your worries and concerns, share with them, open up to them. Yea, sure they may be pissed or angry, definitely hurt but I'm pretty sure they love you nonetheless. Everyone screws up now and then, one way or another. Make the best out of the mistakes you've made in your life. I have a friend who got pregnant at an age, much younger than you and her parents stood by her all the way (of course things aren't gonna be all happy and nice all along the way). She married the guy a few years later and they now have their second child. Great people I must say as I personally know both of them.

As some of the people here suggest, check it out with the test kit. I've heard some cases where a girl's period arrives late after having sex. It could be due to some stress that you're having because you two had unprotected sex. Take a look at your life and stop "wtf"-ing around. Dunno la... but your attitude kinda shows me a bit of your character which is a bit pampered and spoiled. Perhaps, it was a good wake up call for you. Perhaps, it's time to grow up a bit. Sorry if I sound crude.

thread starter have gone lost,maybe she escaped from that "disaster"?

basically i don't think you have anything else you can do but to wait,since you are not going for abortion keeping the baby is the only choice.You really should have checked all the prevention measures before attemtping sexual intercourse.Your baby shouldn't be the sacrfice of your act(which i know you have already understood yourself)

Anyway,sincerely wishing you to get through this.

Sex is not just sex, especially unprotected sex. Do you know how much risk you took? Like Riya said, think of the consequences. Even if you want to have sex, always tell your bf / partner to use a condom.

Now you pay the price, and will long to regret it for a very very long time. Either way, you will learn both choices you have will have devastating effects to you in the future.

Edited by AdamG

check 1st ar..sometime ur period due because u are so stress thinking about it.. n in my opinion, abortion might be look as the solution for ur young age.. but think as humanity.. think twice ya..

Happy ending? How are you happy when you have to take care of a baby at such a young age? How about school? College? And your man? He has nothing to lose if another girl comes along, he can dump you without taking responsibilities.

OK, all the best for you then. I know there's one time me and my gf had plenty of sex in that month (plenty means like 100+) :D. Her period came 2-3 weeks late.

So chin up, and all the best.

Edited by AdamG

I've read this somewhere else that your period will delay if it's your first time having sex. Well since it's your first time, it is very normal that your period might be delayed. Plus you're stressed up. The sore feeling at your breast area might be symptoms of your period. I have that every month too. :)

Probably your period will be delayed a week or two. Rather waiting for ur period to come and get all stressed up, why not just go straight to the hospital to check?

so...pregnant onot...???

Uhm thanks all once again... for your comments and suggestions. Esp when I read "I'm a doctor". Wow must be nice to use that line huh? "Trust me, I'm a doctor". Lol. Well anyways... I did the test again this morning... more than 2 weeks after the incident... and it tested NEGATIVE. *phew* That was such a relief for me. But I know I'm not totally off the hook yet. Unless I see my period, I'm not safe. Should I really go test at the clinic? Blood test? I heard thats the most accurate... for such a short period as 2 weeks.

LOL... not so nice at all.. because ppl tend to think that you know everything but it's really not. :P The blood test will measure the beta HCG levels in your blood and if your level is above the pregnancy level - you are considered pregnant - BUT certain other conditions can give it a false positive (one of it a malignancy called choriocarcinoma) so it is not 100% accurate. the urine pregnancy test measures beta HCG in urine (which is excreted from blood through urine) - works the same way but level in urine raised at much later period of gestation compared to blood. so blood test can show your pregnancy earlier.

To me - to really 100% confirm you are pregnant - I rather wait and do and ultrasound scan at 7 weeks where I could see if the gestational sac is already formed and if it is matured enough - you could see a heart beating by then.

hope that help you...

So what tsukishi is saying is that means all indications now is that you're not pregnant which is excellent news. Don't go out all at once and tell you bf ok - let the dude sweat a bit longer just to ensure the lesson for him sinks in too. It'll do him a lot of good because I don't think he learns stuff as quick as you. Anyway, all the best & good luck.

dear.. it is NOT far fetched. to me as long as I could not see the baby in the womb - I consider the pregnancy not confirmed.. I mean even if you get the sperm impregnating the ovum - the fertilised ovum may not attach to the womb. or it'll attach then suddenly miscarry spontaneously. So even if a positive now by blood test and urine test doesn't mean you will definitely end up getting pregnant. it could be a false positive BUT even if it is negative now.. it may turn positive in another 2-4 weeks time. That's why if you had a positive urine preganancy test now.. I'd still suggest for an early ultrasound scan to actually confirm and properly date the pregnancy.

I suggest you read resources about how pregnancy is conceived to get a better picture

http://library.med.utah.edu/kw/human_repro.../fertilization/

this is all medical student level - sorry - it is a very technical article but from the way I read your entries you sounded like a somewhat intelligent girl or at least hopefully quite competent in high school biology to understand these stuff..

read the part diagnosis of pregnancy..

see the point number 3c - that's what I consider a pregnancy is - when a fetus is identified via ultrasound

that's why I said that you have to wait. if you want to ask further just ask and I try to explain as much as I could

The only thing that'll confirm that you definitely NOT pregnant is recurrence of your menses. But to confirm that you are pregnant indeed- you really have to wait...

Edited by tsukushi

Happy new year, everyone. :) Hope you aren't pregnant, JT

I have been following this thread. What I can say is that although taking up the responsibility by not going for abortion is something good, I don't think we should give it much of a huh hah either. Being responsible is good but by giving it such huh hah it will give the wrong message to the youngster. It might creat a mind set 'i can have sex whenever I want. If I am pregnant, I will just give birth to it. It is an honourable thing to do and people will respect me for it'. I may be a bit kolot by saying that sex outside marriage is supposed to be avoided. But if you are to have sex before marriage, then I don't think one should go around boasting and be proud about it, moreover being pregnant as a result of it.

The message that we should give to youngster is that they should be caution about sex outside marriage and not there is no big deal about being pregnant at such young age.

Most people don't learn from other people's mistakes. Most young people engage in sex because they don't stop to think about the future. I don't blame them. When you're young, your future seems very far away. :) 'Sides, there's always all them hormones...

Hey, I'm old. I can afford to be generous. :P

I know of some girls... who kept the baby, gave birth, and the parents and family helped with the raising of the kid. Then the girl continues studies, get out to work, and hey.. one case, she even found a loving husband and had a second child. lol. and fyi... i wasn't talking about myself. And im not counting on my bf to stick with me throughout the whole ordeal *if any*. I understand.

yeah... i've heard that stress delays the period... but how long?? hmm. i gotta just relax more then.

what a scary experience.

True, but not everyone has parents and family to back them up & help.

Jaytee, just sharing out my experience.

I've got into ur situation before too.. 1st time and *withdrawal technique*. i was worried like hell at that time too.. fortunately, period came after 2 weeks due. . i think it could be stress, .. and hormone system would be differ cos of the 1st time experience..?

Thank you everyone for the support.

Guess what.

My period came yesterday.

One week late. Omgoshhhhhhhh.

What a scare. I've seriously learnt my lesson. And NO, it is not honourable to get banged up... even though you do the right thing about it. NO i am not encouraging girls to continue loveing around... I've been taught to be abstinent... but I got a little to adventurous *okay maybe alot* and got burned. My bf is relieved as well... but now we are no longer an item. My parents, being the good parents they are, adviced me to stay away from him. For now. So okay. I broke up with him... and if it's true love and not just infatuation... we will someday somehow be reunited like a happy fairy tale. Im not counting on that. But truth be told... I miss him. He's been through alot of stress as well... and... sigh. Nevermind, this is how it ends. Don't play with fire girls... and I know most of you don't care or don't learn from other ppls mistakes... so listen to this lor... PLAY SAFE. I was dumb enough to be so ignorant. But thank God, no permanent damage was done, I'm safe. *phew*

Thanks again guys. You've been very helpful. =) Might delete this thread soon.

u welcome

yo...congratulation jaytee, is good to hear from u. I am sure u wont repeat the same mistake again. Do ur best and all the best for u...

glad to hear that...

I suggest you leave the thread as it is - as a lesson for other young girls that frequent this forum. I think we do have a lot of young teens asking for advice in the MYB forum - got a lot of helpful sisters and brothers to help... LOL

again -- happy it turned out well for you.