Sign in to follow this  
butterflyz10

Curling hair that is already permed

Hi babes,need some recommendations.

I did digital perm on my hair,now it is in loose curls/waves...but I actually prefer big ringlets,not loose kind. Kinda like Japanese perm? The kind of curls you get when you use an electric curler.

I have a set of normal plastic rollers bought from pasar malam,but this only works if I curl my hair overnight and it does't last very long.. :(

I read somewhere some ppl recommend those sponge rollers from Taiwan..do those work?

I don't want to use electric curler cos it will ruin my hair...anyone know what kind of rollers I can use that can effectively get those curls?

Thanks!Please help!

did you apply those hair styling product to create the shape?

For those Japanese style in the magazine, majority create from hot roll. If you use the plastic curler, u have to apply the hair styling product when your hair is still wet.

then, heat the hair with hair diffusser until your hair is dry. Then apply some hair spray if you want to make it longlasting...

The sponge curler that you mentioned, I saw it in Shin/Sasa... u can try to look at it.

I did digital perm on my hair,now it is in loose curls/waves...but I actually prefer big ringlets,not loose kind. Kinda like Japanese perm? The kind of curls you get when you use an electric curler.

I have a set of normal plastic rollers bought from pasar malam,but this only works if I curl my hair overnight and it does't last very long.. :(

I read somewhere some ppl recommend those sponge rollers from Taiwan..do those work?

I don't want to use electric curler cos it will ruin my hair...anyone know what kind of rollers I can use that can effectively get those curls?

Thanks!Please help!

oh well, those sponges did give me lovely curls

but they don't last long on me either

i think they are the same with those plastic rollers except that they are softer

mayb the styling products are not strong enough, a better holding level styling porduct can hold ur hair curl roundness at least 2 days.after u apply the curly cream, add some sculpting lotion to enhance the curl.=)

as for me i oways use hot rooling iron cos its most esay to use and lasting..anyway you can use plastic roller with dry hair and apply some mousse over it..leave it about 3-4 hours and the result is long lasting..

Thanks!Please help!

For curlers sponge, am selling, if u guys interested can pm me ya. :)

Click here for more info

instructions:-

-Put on the hair curlers after washing your hair and you can even sleep with it and it will be set with natural looking curls the next day.

- Or spray a little water and curl hair with sponge curlers, blow dry with hair dryer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes and remove sponge curlers

- It's recommended to use with hair spray and make sure you have set the style while you use the balls

- After that, you could use a hair dryer

- Used it overnight looks more curly

U can check the video here for how to put on the sponge curlers too. :)

As for plastic curlers, when ur hair is half dry, scrunch ur hair w sculp or stlying lotion or cream, roll ur hair into the curlers and secure it w a cap. Nowadays u can easily find curlers w a cap on it. So it ur hair wont easily fall out from the curlers. Then blow dry on the curlers itself on low heat. After u think is dry, still wear them for more than an hr. Then release. For plastic curlers, it might look a lil hard on the hair once the curlers has release. For sponge curlers it has a more soft look on the hair.

Try n let us know the results. :)