Sign in to follow this  
jy7

Wait or give up?

hi, recently i got to know a girl and it has already been 4 months. I only got close to her the last 1.5 months and i already have feelings for her. I could feel that she was the one who tried to get close to me at first. After going out with her for the first time, I asked her whether she could be my gf and she said that we only got close to each other for a month. So I accepted that and i was wrong to ask her that question so soon. After that incident, she did not avoid me and we got closer, going out numerous times, sometimes in a gang, sometimes just the both of us. Hence, 2 weeks later (Jan 7) i popped up with the same question. She said the same thing but she told me more this time. She even told me that she is not ready to start a relationship as she has some bad experience from her ex. She has been single for almost 2 years. I accepted that and we continued to go out after that day. Last week, she asked me out as she was very unhappy. After listening to her problems, I suddenly took the chance to ask her again. She told me she has feelings for me but she is not ready yet. She also told me that she is not playing around with me.

What do you all think? What is she thinking? It is a form of rejection or she is just not ready yet?

What should I do now?

Do you all think that getting close to each other for about 1.5 months is too soon to start a relationship?

ya, that kinda short period and too fast. Whats the rush?

And why give up esp when you are sincere in your pursuit?

i also used to hang out with guys a lot.. but even i got some feelings to them.. it doesnt means that i wan to have boys/gals r/ship.. maybe, it is jz a kind way of rejection.. or maybe, it is true that she is not ready yet.. but wat i think that love comes jz without realizing it.. imho, nonid to ask so much..

ya, that kinda short period and too fast. Whats the rush?

And why give up esp when you are sincere in your pursuit?

yes i'm very sincere, she did ask me whether i am serious anot... cos she is afraid that i'm fooling around...

so u all think that i should cont to remain as frens? and not to mention abt it again...?

Don rush for it my fren. As it will turn out ugly if u keep on asking her withthe same question.

Take it slowly as she already mention to u tat she now is not yet ready for any relationship.

Time will prove it all...Good luck to u..

I don't think you should keep on asking her the same question. Just wait for the answer without asking... If she really likes/loves you... She'll answer you eventually.

I don't think you should keep on asking her the same question. Just wait for the answer without asking... If she really likes/loves you... She'll answer you eventually.

Means wait for some hints?

Sometimes i'm so frustrated cos she does not reject me completely. She is still giving me hope. Sometimes it might be better if she says a straight no...

this guy have been tackling me for 5 months,he's stilll waiting since im not ready yet n cos i dont need a guy yet.

dont gif up dude,cos i belif u still haf chance.if she doesnt want u,she probly haf avoided u.its more sincere

n does not make u look despo.

this guy have been tackling me for 5 months,he's stilll waiting since im not ready yet n cos i dont need a guy yet.

dont gif up dude,cos i belif u still haf chance.if she doesnt want u,she probly haf avoided u.its more sincere

n does not make u look despo.

tks for the advise...

so did u avoid this guy? how did u reject him? u still go out with him (as in just the both of u)?

just wait la my fren, gals is like tat, she still lost her confident in love, try to convience her by your sincere.... good luck

dear jy7,

i agree with everybody, u r rushing into things way too much... in actual fact... i was scrathing my head, why did you give her the upperhand?

if i were u, i just keep quiet and continue to please as well as go out with her and never want to confess... i will just be cool about it... pleasing her will be another matter and i think u require a book on how to please a girl... ehemm... not in bed of cos... if u good in pleasing girls then it is u who decide whether to accept her or not and not she to decide it...

ahhh... oh well... oh yeah... time has change... not necessary a guy must confessed first... get the hint :wink3: ...

right where u are now... i will stop thinking about confessing and start treating her very very nicely... listen to her problem and even try and find a solution to her problem instead of confessing... mebbe once a while especially in chinese new year... go to her house to visit her... joke with her a lot... BUT never think of confessing... JUST think of pleasing her only...

*Two Horn Start Rising*

MAN supposed to dominate woman... not woman dominate man... BUAHAHAHHAHAHA

tks for the advise...

so did u avoid this guy? how did u reject him? u still go out with him (as in just the both of u)?

i nvr reject him nor accept him..yet.im still considering,n i think im falling for him.

im very touched wif his sincerity.he says he'll wait for me.

he'll confess his feelings to me once in a blue moon,when the feeling is over-flowing.

n yup we only go out just the 2 of us,no frens allowed xD

best is u kip it cool,dont ask her all d time n freak her out.

dear jy7,

i agree with everybody, u r rushing into things way too much... in actual fact... i was scrathing my head, why did you give her the upperhand?

if i were u, i just keep quiet and continue to please as well as go out with her and never want to confess... i will just be cool about it... pleasing her will be another matter and i think u require a book on how to please a girl... ehemm... not in bed of cos... if u good in pleasing girls then it is u who decide whether to accept her or not and not she to decide it...

ahhh... oh well... oh yeah... time has change... not necessary a guy must confessed first... get the hint :wink3: ...

right where u are now... i will stop thinking about confessing and start treating her very very nicely... listen to her problem and even try and find a solution to her problem instead of confessing... mebbe once a while especially in chinese new year... go to her house to visit her... joke with her a lot... BUT never think of confessing... JUST think of pleasing her only...

*Two Horn Start Rising*

MAN supposed to dominate woman... not woman dominate man... BUAHAHAHHAHAHA

wahhh...male ego is indeed creepy -.-'

wahhh...male ego is indeed creepy -.-'

ego? ego means pride... so man's pride is..........

oh no... mine is still pure... never creepy... i can assured you that... :P

from wat i can understand, u still left something out...thats make her can't accept u at the time...just think...

ego? ego means pride... so man's pride is..........

oh no... mine is still pure... never creepy... i can assured you that... :P

The exact meaning of egolistic was not pride but : The vice of thinking too much of oneself; self-conceit, boastfulness; also, selfishness

LoL-

The exact meaning of egolistic was not pride but : The vice of thinking too much of oneself; self-conceit, boastfulness; also, selfishness

LoL-

the vice of thinking too much of myself...hmmm... *look at self in the mirror* aiyahhh... got spare tyre ledi... must go exercise... hmmm... yup... i think of myself a lot... HAHAHAHA

self-conceit,

Conceit of one's self; an overweening opinion of one's powers or endowments

overweening of one power....hmmm.... i m the eldest in the family so i got power...yes... sometime i use the whip so i m overweening... ok accept...

endowments?? ohhhh... i m well endow of cos... HAHAHAHAH

boastfulness??

*looks at the mirror*....... i m handsome!!!! x 10 .... yup i m boastful alrite... OHoHOHOHOHOhohohOHO

selfishness ar....

u sure ar?? i m willing to share myself among the girls wor... i really dun mind... HAHAHAHA

new twist of events here...

for the past week, she has been very cold towards me... her smses r short and everytime i ask her out she will say that she has assignments..

well, i found out that she actually went out with another guy, which was my friend... she also went to my friend's house to do her assignment until very late at night...

this friend of mine went after her initially.... but he got rejected and pulled out... then only i started to go after her... well it is darn complicated...

it is very clear that she is giving a chance to my fren now and i duno wat i did until she is suddenly cold towards me....

my fren had given up actually but she is pulling my friend in again...

i'm very heartbroken when i found out abt this....

what do u all think? what shud i do? how shud i face her? wait or give up now?

for the past week, she has been very cold towards me... her smses r short and everytime i ask her out she will say that she has assignments..

well, i found out that she actually went out with another guy, which was my friend... she also went to my friend's house to do her assignment until very late at night...

this friend of mine went after her initially.... but he got rejected and pulled out... then only i started to go after her... well it is darn complicated...

it is very clear that she is giving a chance to my fren now and i duno wat i did until she is suddenly cold towards me....

thx for replying in my thread previously...i think now i should give u a piece of my own thinking

1st i wanna ask...are u really interested in her?? Do u like her vry much??

IF da answer is yes, then definitely u should wait for her, but don't rush her...my gals friends always tell me that gals themselves are very scared when faced with the "ultimate" question...try asking yrself, if suddenly one gal come n confess to you...how will u react?? Wat happens if she do it over and over again after u couldn't decide during da 1st confession?? Does it scares u away??

Then, ask yrself again, do u really wanna spend your time only on her?? Izit worth the waiting?? Is there any better gals for u out there?? U can wait for her but rmb always keep yr options available. Always look around yrself, who knows one day u'll find someone who is more suited for u.

I think that's all I can say for now...if there's anything else i'll post again ^^

hey bro tks for the reply

the prob is now i am very confused

i do not like the way she is treating me n my fren

it is getting complicated

i'm thinking of pulling out this time but at the moment i cant do so cos i really like her

Edited by jy7

hey bro tks for the reply

the prob is now i am very confused

i do not like the way she is treating me n my fren

it is getting complicated

i'm thinking of pulling out this time but at the moment i cant do so cos i really like her

dun pull urself out, just kick ur fren out....

From what you've posted, I'd say that the writing is on the wall...so to speak. I'd say give it up. Even if there is a chance with her, she doesn't sound like the kind of girl thats worth waiting for. She's targeting your friend now, and is treating you like shit...so whats the point? For future reference, I'd say don't ask a girl out so many times and be a little bit more patient. Test the waters a bit more before jumping in. I'm also a bit suspicious about that line she fed you, how she isn't ready because of a past relationship. I'd say that unless that experience with her ex was particularly traumatic, 2yrs is definitely long enough to get over him! She sounds like the kind of girl who can't make up her mind, doesn't know what she wants in general, yet still loves the attention you (and other guys) are lavishing upon her. Too much drama my friend, time to move on.

many things have happened during the past 2 weeks.... let me cut it short here...

last night, when we met up.... we suddenly, somehow, got into this relationship topic again....

she told me again that she likes me and she did consider me many times but she does not have the confidence that our relationship will be as good as now if we become a couple... she is afraid that it will turn out to be dull or sour.... she asked me to convince her that the relationship will be a happy and lasting one.... i tried my best and in the end she told me she will consider... i told her to consider 1 last time as i do not want to ask her again.... she will let me know in a few days time...

after that, i asked her whether i could hold her hand..... i requested for 5 mins... and she agreed... in the end we held hands in the car for 15 mins....

so what do u all think? i know that i could hold her hand means i got good chance (she told me i'm only the 2nd guy to do so)... but i'm afraid that it will end up as a 'no' again....