Sign in to follow this  
BtLeJuiCe

Thaipusam is now public holiday for Federal Territory (KL)

Samy Vellu has been trying this for 30 over years so we need to thank hindraf for accomplishing it in one day. That said, elections are SO around the corner.

Although I am happy that it is declared a holiday for KL and putrajaya, I feel that the reason given by PM is totally ridiculous. No doubt it will be jam on Thaipusam. But then, which day in KL is not jam? Is that means everyday should be declared a holiday?

One thing I don't understand is, why officer goers prefer to be caught in a bumper to bumper jam in the morning in order to go to the office? Why can't they wake up earlier, go to the office earlier to avoid the jam? Don't they feel that being caught in a jam make them headache?

Election gimic more than Badawi as a sensitive PM.

ANyway, most of the Hindraf protestors are not from KL so how much impat that's going to be? Heard also that the Gombak police hief has dispatched many policemen to watch over Batu Caves so what does this mean?

If the Indians are bought over by just 1 holiday per year, they deserve whatever they are gonna get.

all because of election, they need the support lolz ... so in a way trying to get the heart of the other market hehe ... anyhoos, even it is PH, I don't get it on that day >.<

One thing I don't understand is, why officer goers prefer to be caught in a bumper to bumper jam in the morning in order to go to the office? Why can't they wake up earlier, go to the office earlier to avoid the jam? Don't they feel that being caught in a jam make them headache?

so to help you understand, you need to realize that people do things by following schedules.

for instance, some parents have to send their children to school, which is why they happen to be on the road at the same time as other parents in a similar situation. the kids can't be left at school at 5am in the morning. it's not fair to them to be robbed of a life.

then there are those who have to work late. they will also leave for work later. this is to ensure that they have sufficient sleep in order to operate an automobile safely. if this group of people were to drive without enough rest, then another group of people who do not understand things will criticize them for driving so early in the morning.