epileatheral

AMD Turion X2 2.0 or Core2Duo 2.0?

AMD Turion X2 2.0 or Core2Duo 2.0?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will you buy?

• AMD Turion
    • Intel Core2 Duo

Which one will you buy?

1. AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-60 (2.0 GHz, 512 KB+512 KB L2 Cache)

1GB DDR2, 250GB HDD

NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7150M up to 559 MB total graphics memory with 4096 MB system memory (UMA / shared graphic)

PRICE : RM2599

2. Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)

1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, up to 384 MB Total Available Graphics Memory with 4096 MB system memory

PRICE : RM2999

All other specs are the same, same brand.

The AMD is RM400 cheaper, with GeForce graphic, and 90GB more of Hard Disk Space.

Is the Core2Duo performance is so much better to worth the price?

Thanks alot gurus..

2. Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)

1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, up to 384 MB Total Available Graphics Memory with 4096 MB system memory

PRICE : RM2999

This because it has 2MB L2 Cache compared to AMD's 512Kb + 512Kb L2 Cache and the X3100 graphic chipset is better than the NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7150M. I'd also add another 1GB Ram as well.

assuming Working-Intel Core2 Duo

assuming Gaming-AMD Turion

setting up a gaming pc ?

yup, for gaming only....hahaha... :lol: ...cheap & reliable....

if running vista or gaming purpose it would be better get at least minimum 2GB of RAM and try to get the most powerful video card ~!

Edited by spiritdust

get AMD Turion coz it works as well as Intel but at a cheaper price. Best to note that AMD processor tend to get heated up easily and thus ensure that there is proper ventilation.

also for gaming purposes : do not get Vista as most drivers for devices are not ready and also vista is a hungry RAM OS. ( i called it the hungry ghost OS) plus vista is still buggy compared to Win XP.

better to reserve the RAM (2GB DDR2) for gaming.

for graphics card, get NVIDIA GE Force 8800 series as these cards are meant for high end games like crysis, time shift and bioshock. it really makes a difference. also the 8800 series is geared for games with Cryengine.

see this link : http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_8800.html

spend more on the graphics card and RAM. others u can always do it later coz its very easy when u are assembling ur own pc...

depends on ur purpose...if its not for normal use, get Core2 Duo. The processor is MUCH better than Turion...

and if u're running Vista, make sure u have at least 2GB ram or u can add in another 2GB ram,its around rm150 only

just wondering...can Imac adding some ram..??

just wondering...can Imac adding some ram..??

I dunno about "some ram" but yes, the iMac's RAM can be upgraded up to 4GB though it only has 2 RAM slots.

go for the core 2 duo one...these days intel beats amd flat be it in the laptop or desktop segments...price per performance, you'll get more juice out of the core 2 duo...plus on top of that, intel has consistently win over amd in the laptop market segment...

as for the graphics, not much diff between the two..its basically an intergrated graphic which relies on shered memory so gaming performance from both the cards are medicore at best...

Hehe, jin, wasn't aware that you're in here too

btw i personally would prefer Core duo...since Intel introduced The Duo Core Technology, the AMD wasn't doing that well..

and i would say, for intel would be a better choice for stability and durability..the 2nd hand value of an Intel is always higher compared to a AMD..

*P/s my personal point of view lo..

anyway jin, you wanna increase the ram for Macbook or Imac desktop?

so old thread.. guess u're already having the notebook long time ago. Anyway i would choose the intel one.. since AMD easily hot. And some other reason hehe

Edited by ahchak

me too..i agreed with ahchak.. Intel generally are better performance than AMD..

btw, 2G ram is only mininum requirement to run Vista smoothly.. i mean with several normal programme running together..

Edited by yikaln

U r buying a lappie rite? Since u r considering a Turion... If it so, C2D is better. Unless u wan yr lappie 2 b heated up...

Plus, Core 2 Duo hav 2mb L2 cache. AMD only 512+512mb L2 cache.

Upgrading the hard drive wont cost much anyway..

4 gaming, best is still 2 use a desktop...

Well, c2d in this case,

but many gamers do prefer AMD, I personally feel AMD performs better, but people have their tastes too!

But for gaming laptops, if you are seriously looking for one, then better get an ALIENWARE BRANDED LAPTOP

I still think that intel ® Core™2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache) will be a prefer choice.

If you are going to use windows vista,you shld get this instead.it works more smoothly...

You can then slowly add more ram for better performance.

intel definately has a better performance thn amd..