Sign in to follow this  
KeiRa

Ex's stuff&gifts

hey gals and guys!

i've just had a spring cleaning and while rearranging things in my wardrobe,

i saw this box full of my ex's stuff and gifts.

well, i'm just curious what to do wit the box.

what do you guys do wit it?

how if some of the gifts are expensive one?like jewelleries?im currently still having few of my ex's stuff.god think must be wrong doing redi.but how can i just throw it?its valuable.not the memories,the price. :unsure:

keep it. cause it has all ure memories innit, although u're very over him already, but hye, still keep it.

it may bring a smile on ure lips one day =)

Edited by mizzroyalbrat

keep it....it once part of ur life.....

moneytary valuables - keep them, wasting is bad

sentimental valuables - throw it away. but if u do intend to keep it for ur next generation to "discover" keep it in the attic!

For me even if it were jewellery or something valuable, id get rid of it.

Keeping anything to do with an EX just isnt right (for me) , and if ur in a relationship and ur current found out that the necklace or ring u have was from an EX... how do u think he/she would feel?

Keeping anything to do with an EX just isnt right (for me) , and if ur in a relationship and ur current found out that the necklace or ring u have was from an EX... how do u think he/she would feel?

:shakehead::shocking: ....is this called:"....Heartless......."...??? :shocking::shakehead:

I never throw out any of the gifts my exes have given me. To me...I should keep them for memories sake.Although exes are exes for a reason,I cannot deny the fact that we did have a good time while it lasted. So.....I'd rather remember the good than the bad.

i hav returned all the gifts to him once we broke up...and vice versa...

i dun keep it although there's a valuable gift...

ya laar...if im in his shoes,i wont be sad,but i will be MAD. :mumbling: now i understand redi!and my actions gonna be...see below

if the stuffs are valueable, eg: handphone or jewelery then better go trade it in n get some cash!! hahahahha :)

yes im goin to sell it off!LOL! :clapclap: Ka-ching!Got some money!No offense other people ya! :praisegod: As this is my personal choice!Nothing to do with principles or any stands!

I would say,

If it's valuable and expensive, I'll keep it.

If something can be consume or use, I'll finish it.

If nothing special (birthday card, or anything that's useless) then I'll throw it away.

Agree with Wendy.

Although depending on how the r/s turned out, I might keep some things for sentimetality's sake. Not much, just one or two.

Edited by BananaEagle

I never throw out any of the gifts my exes have given me. To me...I should keep them for memories sake.Although exes are exes for a reason,I cannot deny the fact that we did have a good time while it lasted. So.....I'd rather remember the good than the bad.

what a very nice ladies.......very sweet... :thumbup1:

i love it... :wub:

I say keep the stuff if it means something to you. You dun have to tell you current bf this and that expensive gift was from my ex-bf. C'mon lar, weren't you supposed to also have a life before meeting him? i'm sure your ex would also have given you apart of his life which is memorable that you can treasure & it doesn't mean having a memory makes you appreciate your current bf less.

ok my thoughts only. i don't have an ex- maybe because i was afraid of rejection, i quickly married my first gf.

it was not that i want to say my honey is the most perfect amongst all my ex's,infact its true,most of my ex's are all piece of shit...so i think it is not appropriate for me to keep their belongings,plus really embarrassed to say ; my ex's gimme plenty of gifts on certain purposes....i was stupid back then,but now No-More!i grow up n become a better thinking person.sorry ah off topic!

by the way i sold 2 of the jeweleries gave to me by my ex's!and i manage to get rm398 for the 2!yay! aiyyoo im so evil ah?

its only for me,others,can stand on ur own words...

In my opinion, certain rules apply,

1. His valuables (iPod,watch,Blackberry,laptop etc) should be returned.

2. Items of sentimental values to him (his favourite t-shirt, soccer jersey,mug,CDs) should also be returned.

3. Gifts from him, depending on how you feel about him, you could either keep it as momentos or get rid of them. (Note: do not return to him irregardless of who ended the relationship, its simply rude. Dispose of it quietly, however tempting a dramatic 'throw in your face' scene is.)

4. If present, engagement ring should be returned, especially if its a family heirloom.

5. The rest of it (his toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream etc) can be disposed of.