Sign in to follow this  
kristi491

Odor problem in feminine areas!

Hi girls,

Yesterday my boyfriend told me that I have odor problem, I shocked!!! Then I checked all my body parts and felt that I really have odor in some of my feminine areas. Now I am taking shower with good water pressure but it does not affect. Does anyone have any idea that what should I do? Thanks!

check with ur doc.

cud be hormone problem.

cud also be infection. try not to use any soap or wash coz might make it worst. ph level different.

i used to have odour problem during puberty (17 - 18 years old), now 23 yrs old no problem already. how old are you, babe?

make sure u wipe the area dry everytime you go toilet

better still wash it with warm water

i don't use feminine soap also

Not to worry. Feminine odours/discharges are somehow related to either hormonal imbalance, bad eating habits, wearing wrong clothing or just merely by using the wrong products. And no matter how much you wash with whatever feminine cleansers/douches out there, the smell will still recur and problem will just not vanish, sometimes it worsens. So dont blame yourself for any lack of 'vaginal care' because even the cleanest person on earth experiences this at any time of her life!

I have done thorough research on this topic since god knows when because I've had feminine probs since I was 15 (am now 29)! So I really know what I'm talking about here :)

Nways, there are several types of feminine odours/problems so you've gotta determine how yours smell first. I have experienced two kinds so far, first was bread/yeast smelling discharge which looked like cottage cheese (yucky i know but it's apparently very common and it's called Candidiasis or Yeast infection ("YI")). Second one I experienced just 2-3 months back was Bacterial Vaginosis ("BV"), and my discharge was clear and runny but smelled of SMELLY/DEAD FISH!! My fiancee noticed it during sex..and realised that the smell heightened when having sex without condoms.

My suggestions if you're suffering from YI, try inserting a clove of garlic into your vagina (dont worry no matter how deep you push it in, it will come out without having to dig deep, and it works everytime and most importantly NOT PAINFUL, trust me on this). Just make some "slits" on the garlic and insert it (try to push in as deeply as you can) and leave it there whole night. You may notice "garlic breath" when u wake up (dont worry la, not that bad) but u'll recover within 2-3 days. Also try to consume good bacteria on a daily basis, a suggested product called "GI Flora" by Cellabs/Cellgen. You can find that in most pharmacies I think. And try to lay low on sugar/sugary foods. It worsens YI.

On the other hand, if you have BV, there's nothing much you can insert into your vagina for speedy recovery (:)), but I suggest that your vaginal area is properly cleansed everytime you have a shower (twice a day for me) and I'd recommend LACTACYD over any other brands out there. And try to get your partner to wear a condom everytime you guys have intercourse. Oh ya, dont forget to wear unscented panty liner EVERYDAY.

Dotn douche, it worsens your condition. Trust me, I've been there. Dont use perfumed/scented soaps/panty liners/vaginal washes or flavoured condoms.

Consume FOLIC ACID..I consume 1000mcg a day, it really helps.

krsiti491,

Dont assume. Go to the doctor and have a check ups. You might have infections. To be safe, just go and see the doctor. Perhaps they'll tell u whats really went wrong. Doctor's advice is still the safest way.

Nways, there are several types of feminine odours/problems so you've gotta determine how yours smell first. I have experienced two kinds so far, first was bread/yeast smelling discharge which looked like cottage cheese (yucky i know but it's apparently very common and it's called Candidiasis or Yeast infection ("YI")). Second one I experienced just 2-3 months back was Bacterial Vaginosis ("BV"), and my discharge was clear and runny but smelled of SMELLY/DEAD FISH!! My fiancee noticed it during sex..and realised that the smell heightened when having sex without condoms.

My suggestions if you're suffering from YI, try inserting a clove of garlic into your vagina (dont worry no matter how deep you push it in, it will come out without having to dig deep, and it works everytime and most importantly NOT PAINFUL, trust me on this). Just make some "slits" on the garlic and insert it (try to push in as deeply as you can) and leave it there whole night. You may notice "garlic breath" when u wake up (dont worry la, not that bad) but u'll recover within 2-3 days. Also try to consume good bacteria on a daily basis, a suggested product called "GI Flora" by Cellabs/Cellgen. You can find that in most pharmacies I think. And try to lay low on sugar/sugary foods. It worsens YI.

Garlic? I'll remember to try this next time....

Very informative. :)

Y must wear unscented pantiliner? I'm using scented ones. Anything wrong about them that I shud know?

Y must wear unscented pantiliner? I'm using scented ones. Anything wrong about them that I shud know?

Chica,

Our vagina has its own flora and perfume/scented soaps or pantyliners may cause an imbalance. When there's an imbalance of flora, thats when thrush or any other form of vaginal irritation occurs. Some people who are extra-sensitive down there may experience vaginal infection due to wearing scented pantyliners/washing with scented or perfumed soaps/vaginal washes. (I am sooo one of those unlucky ones..LOL)

If you are not experiencing anything in the adverse at the moment, you might experience it later on (not hoping that you do, but just as a precaution) coz our vaginal area isnt made to tolerate perfumed stuff...try to switch to unscented pantyliners.

Cheers :)

my parents is a member of the AVAIL.. if u wana try u may get it from me.. the price is RM 10 only n got 20 pieces inside (for the pantiliners).. otherwise check dis out www.availbeauty.com to know more bout the product. if u find it hard to get the product, dont hesitate to let me know. i would love to help u :)

well, it's quite hard to get it from the shop..that's y my parents dcide to become a member.. :)

Hi Butterfly. I tried looking at the website you mentioned for the herbal liners, but i dont see any such product. Is there any other way to get them?

Dear, i think first thing u should do is identify what is the cause which causing the odour. Don't assume and pls consult dr ASAP. If the odour is simply cause by ur sweat, i think u should use feminine wash if u haven't start using one.

Teff, is the garlic really help? I mean although garlic does have anti-bacterial effects, is it safe to insert it inside the vagina because that part is so sensitive and delicate. And what i understand is that we do have some 'good bacteria' which helps us to regulate the ph and things, would the garlic kills them too?

As for pantiliner, i am using the carefree one which contained green-tea extract, i supposed green-tea also consider herbal? Anyway i find it quite comfortable and doesnt cause irritation. I once used Sofy one and it caused me irritation and itchy, somemore during my outstation trip, was so sickening.

Hi Butterfly. I tried looking at the website you mentioned for the herbal liners, but i dont see any such product. Is there any other way to get them?

hi cytherea, check dis out >>>> http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&a...35&t=740265 i sell dis product online since its quite hard to get.. just wana share with the gurls out there.. :) if u interested, dont hesitate to contact me.. :wink3:

Chica,

Our vagina has its own flora and perfume/scented soaps or pantyliners may cause an imbalance. When there's an imbalance of flora, thats when thrush or any other form of vaginal irritation occurs. Some people who are extra-sensitive down there may experience vaginal infection due to wearing scented pantyliners/washing with scented or perfumed soaps/vaginal washes. (I am sooo one of those unlucky ones..LOL)

If you are not experiencing anything in the adverse at the moment, you might experience it later on (not hoping that you do, but just as a precaution) coz our vaginal area isnt made to tolerate perfumed stuff...try to switch to unscented pantyliners.

Cheers :)

im one of unlucky one...can't wear scented pantyliner....even with tea tree scent, my private part will develop rashes....

so now im staying on unscented one...i think it's better, cos not scented means fewer chemical being added....and it applies to all products!

there cud be many reasons for the odor. cud be hormon inbalance, yeast infection, etc. if it continue for longer than normal perhaps u shud check with doc. better to get the right advice and treatment rather than trying out things urself.

u shud eat yogurt or fermented milk. these foods stimulates the growth of good bacteria not only in ur intestine but also the vagina. and besides, they're nice :D