Sign in to follow this  
juzjune

Can we really trust what trichologist says?

HI gals,

I was at girls thing even when i saw TrichoKare booth there. Out of curiousity, i went to have my scalp scanned. The results were pretty bad. They said i had oily scalp and dandruf. Anyway, i bought their first trial just for testing.

I went to have the hair treatment today. the consultant scanned my scalp again. she said my condition was pretty bad. got clogged pores some more. ok lor, so i proceed with the treatment la. it's was very comfortable to have someone massage your head anyway :D

After washing she scan again. she says now my scalp look a bit better that my pores are cleaners. blah blah blah and trying to persuade me to sign up the package. she said me young, should start taking care now... blah blah blah

The thing is, i do wash my hair everyday and also, when i scratch there aint any white flakes coming out of my head. And i do not experience any hair loss, or itchiness or whatever. instead i always kena complain by the shampoo gal coz my hair is very thick and a lot...

Now, should i really believe her and take up the treatment or should i just wait for another few years??

ah~ i dun want to lose my hair, but i also dun wanna lose my money....

hrm... well, depends on d price lo, if it's too expensive, i don't think so lo... btw, i thought d package allows u hv 2times hairwash?? so why not try n c how first for the second time???

Nooooooooo.......... don't take the treatment or sign up for the package. Even you have lots money to spend on this also i don't encourage. It just sales talk to make your money. I will rather advise you to spend the money on a good shampoo and conditioner or a good haircut (so that easier to take care) IF your hair is in a bad condition. From what you describe about your hair, i don't see anything wrong about your hair. You are just having thick and oily hair. It's not like you have any scalp disease. This, you have to see a doctor d... Keep up your routine of washing everyday with the correct shampoo (for your hair type).

hi gal, i was experienced the same things as wat u mentioned. i oso had the same thought tat i have so thick hair and why shd i spend my money to those hair care centre.. that was a hair consultant analysed my scalp when i had oily scalp and dandruff prob... that time i was thinking tat how would i face hair loss and thining hair prob and i didnt continue the treatment and bought some market shampoo which helps for anti dandruff and hair loss...

but things didnt improved... abt few months later, i had more hair loss and my hair getting thinner and thinner... haiz....:( ... my bf even complaint my hair is very bad and fizzy... i think it is due to my work stress... or maybe i regret tat didnt solve my oily scalp prob in advance...

btw, i went back to the same hair care centre... i have no choice i have to spend double of the treatment to improve my bad condition... fortunately, that's still a chance to regrow back.. if not, i really dunno how to face ppl.. as we know, hair is so important to ladies ma...

anyway, u shd not follow my old step,,, if ur hair prob now,, then u shd do it asap.. dun waste on those porduct is not suitable for u la..... cheers....!

actually i didnt change my haircare routine even after what that trichologist said to me lor... i m still using what i am using earlier. i had rebonded hair so i am using those Loreal professional series and occasion (like once in 6 months) Selsun Blue for my scalp. that kepy my hair soft and smooth. but i duno about the scalp tho.

i mean i had never tot myself to have oily scalp or got dandruff coz when i scratch or what, i dun have those white flakes worr. and i dun experience itchiness or wwhatever, unless i go out by train to customer which then have to walk under the sun de. then will sweat and itch a little lor... then get into customer office ok le.

sigh~~ mayb i will go for the treatment after few more years lor coz now my financial really doesn;t allow me to have this indulgence. after finish pay car loan 3 yrs later see how la.

tsy, before u use those anti dandruf thingy, was ur hair smooth or ??? my hair hor... even before rebonding, basically before i do anything to it la, it's darn coarse and thick one ler, wat more big curls and chin chai chin chai curl that type. very messy...

thanks gals for replying. i mean, if really can take care then good lor. but their treatment are really expensive wor. one of their offer to me was 10times mask and tonic for RM1600... means each time is RM160... and one week have to go 2 to 3 times. average if i go 2 times, it will mean 2.5 months i use RM1600 on my hair... then also we duno if after this RM1600 will i need more "tonic" and "treatment" or not. i m worried that the cost is not only RM1600...

sigh~

Hi gals read your posts and i'm also experiencing severe hair loss problem and I'm scared of getting bald. A sales gal from TrichoKare has asked me to try their products and I'm quite scared to do so. Did anyone try TrichoKare before? Please advice.

Thanks

Hi gals read your posts and i'm also experiencing severe hair loss problem and I'm scared of getting bald. A sales gal from TrichoKare has asked me to try their products and I'm quite scared to do so. Did anyone try TrichoKare before? Please advice.

Thanks

if u are experiencing hair loss which u have noticed on your own, then i think better go for treatment lor. i dun really know about TrichoKare, but they seemed to be very pro.

I tried them one time (first time trial) i quite enjoy it... I always like to have ppl treating/massaging my hair/scalp. but in terms of treatment ma, for me it's "not now"... coz no money...

good luck to you and wish u solve ur hairloss probs soon... cheers...

My brother signed a program by Svenson's (hope I spell it correctly) for hair loss and scalp problem.

Several treatment + a set of product = RM 3000++

The result is more hair loss + grey hair + rougher hair

I'm not too sure with the TrichoKare.

But I have many frens who has gone through the treatment in some other brand has no improvement. Those who got 'scanned' who don't go for the treatment keep on complaining the hair problem becoming worst, I think it's psychologically being influences.

We are adult, we have stress, coloured/ permed our hair, use those treatment shampoo and conditioner and what so ever...... sure got dandruff.

and hairloss is very normal .... the old hair will drop and the young one will grow. As long as it's not too bad (they have a way to calculate which I don't understand), then it's alrite.

The first approach to have healthier hair :

1) Sleep early

2) wake up early

3) 7 - 8 hours of sleep perday

4) don't go clubbing too much

5) don't go dye and perm too much

6) don't use those shampoo & conditional with the high concentrate of chemical

7) use mild shampoo for daily use

8 ) use treatment shampoo (eg. dandruff shampoo) 2 - 3 time vs. ur frequency of washing hair. Dandruff shampoo is not for daily use

9) Don't drink too much alcoholic drink (my mom told me this, don't know true or not, but I see improvement when I'm not drinking for years)

10) must wash hair if hair styling product applied (eg. hair cream, Jojoba Oil, hairspray)

the above is my personal experience of reducing dandruff, hair loss and roughness problem

If this still don't work, then maybe can go sign a program.

Edited by WendyBlue

HI WendyBlue...

Thanks for sharing. I think it;s really important that we take care of our daily life and routine.

I think only those with severe problem then need to find the trichologist.

Sometimes, it;s not that they cannot be trusted. but in the sense that, do we really need those treatment? are they recommending it bcoz we really need it, or just becoz of sales. this is what I am concern.

I do not like the fact tat they keep saying the stylist at Salon doesn't know anything about hair growth and scalp care. They are wrong becoz the ones that I went to often advice me how to take care of my hair and my scalp. They all know a healthy scalp is important for beautiful hair. For example each time i want to do a chemical treatment, my stylist will check my hair and scalp condition first. They dun use scan la, but they somehow know if that time can or cannot do the chemical treatment lor. Guess i was pretty lucky to get good stylist.

HI WendyBlue...

Thanks for sharing. I think it;s really important that we take care of our daily life and routine.

I think only those with severe problem then need to find the trichologist.

Sometimes, it;s not that they cannot be trusted. but in the sense that, do we really need those treatment? are they recommending it bcoz we really need it, or just becoz of sales. this is what I am concern.

I do not like the fact tat they keep saying the stylist at Salon doesn't know anything about hair growth and scalp care. They are wrong becoz the ones that I went to often advice me how to take care of my hair and my scalp. They all know a healthy scalp is important for beautiful hair. For example each time i want to do a chemical treatment, my stylist will check my hair and scalp condition first. They dun use scan la, but they somehow know if that time can or cannot do the chemical treatment lor. Guess i was pretty lucky to get good stylist.

Hi!!! I think your stylist is very good... can recommend? I'll take a try if it's convenience to my place :D

can i add you to ur friendster? saw ur pic... I don't think u need the hair program :P

Just wanna share a bit of my experience.

I went to it's a girl thing and the gal scanned my hair and told me i need immediate treatment, hair loss and so on... So I hv signed up the rm69 package.

Then, i went times square last week, my hair was scanned by another company, the gal said my hair is very good, three strands in a pore... so yeah... and also very balck hair... very healthy was her comment.

and the machine they use is almost alike... i wonder whether the prob is with the machine or the one who analysed for me...

I went to it's a girl thing and the gal scanned my hair and told me i need immediate treatment, hair loss and so on... So I hv signed up the rm69 package.

Then, i went times square last week, my hair was scanned by another company, the gal said my hair is very good, three strands in a pore... so yeah... and also very balck hair... very healthy was her comment.

and the machine they use is almost alike... i wonder whether the prob is with the machine or the one who analysed for me...

There might have 2 senario:

1) The area of you hair that's scanned is different. IF they just scanned one area, not the whole head, then they might be differentiate.

2) The gal problem. Business is bad currently, tense competition..... so what to do.....

Hi!!! I think your stylist is very good... can recommend? I'll take a try if it's convenience to my place :D

can i add you to ur friendster? saw ur pic... I don't think u need the hair program :P

oh u add me liao horr. ahhaha.

yes. his name is Soo Kee, at KNG Studio, Taman Desa Jln Klang Lama. I forgot his number and full address. cos i always walk in one, terrible coz sometimes clash with ppl appoinment. ppl there are very friendly. unless it's super duper packed that they cannot take you in already, they will try to attend to you very fast one. if u want. lemme go n grab a namecard from him. i like him coz is he is very patience with hair. and also will advice you if you are suitable for which hairstyle or which color. some times they dun check the scalp. they will check the hair.. too dry also they wont wanna do any chemical thingy one... they will ask u to do treatment and i like to hangout there :P

now they have promotion ler. till end of Dec 2008/ buy 3 treatment , free one time treatment plus one homecare treatment full size worr. i think it's very cheap la. but the thing is that this month i over budget liao... so too bad cannot buy the package

ah, like tat ar. then i think trichokare is not good in terms of ethics lerr...

There might have 2 senario:

1) The area of you hair that's scanned is different. IF they just scanned one area, not the whole head, then they might be differentiate.

2) The gal problem. Business is bad currently, tense competition..... so what to do.....

haha, ya lor. i think i wont go back to trichokare. i mean the products would be good, but then, they dun seemed to me that they are sincere with trying to help your hair/scalp. coz at trichokare horr they scanned the back of my head. i can see 4 strands in one pore still u know wat they say... "if dun treat sooner or later will drop one". it's like wtf la. i mean i will need to take care by using correct shampoo la. but do i really need the treatment lor.

now i think i really dun need... at least for now...

Edited by juzjune

btw, their shampoo is quite good for me...

do they have differnt kinda shampoo or only one type ar?

i think they hv different types for different hair scalp... because the one i bought for my hair prob is different from the shampoo given out during it's a girl thing

ah, u gt the free gift... i missed out on that. how good is their shampoo?? i mean, like how u feel after using the shampoo??

Hi gals,

In fact I have signed up trichokare's hair treatment programme 4 months ago, and, no joke, my hair condition really get improved a lot! I was suffering of hair thinning and dandruff problem before I try trichokare treatment and when I found trichokare in the mid valley exhibition, I was like 'why not? Yet it's using European herbs…a natural form of treatment (I'm a herbs freak!)' So I have decided to try it out!

Yea, I can see my hair condition has improved…my dandruff gone and lesser hair drops….aside this, my hair is even shinier and silky looking!

Hey June, yea I do agree with u that the money is a significant concern for everyone…but I wish that u could do something with your hair problem before it is too late…good thing is always need to be shared…im just hereto share my experience with u but the decision in always in your hand yaJ oh yea, trichokare seem to have a wide range of shampoo, the one im using is to treat dandruff..beside the good result, their product really smell good.. :P

Hey Barbie, im not sure how was the consultation u have gone thru but the consultants who attended to me before never seem to be pushy… they rather explain my hair condition in a detailed yet professional way, I guess that's how I get convinced haha..

Thanks for sharing gals^^

hehehe.

hi lulu21. u can see u are having dandruff problem? i mean, u personally can feel ur hair problem or after consultation?

coz horr.. i dun see me having dandruff (i dun have white flakes flying) or thinning ler. that's why i am wondering if wat they mention to me are true or jz sales gimmick lor.

how much did u pay for the whole course? they offered me Rm1600 for 10 times. which gonna go like 2 - 3 times a week... hahaa... which means about 1 month habis d. ahhaha.

i am sure their products are good lor. but how much can we really go into believing. ehehehe~ i m very terrible horr... hhahaha, aiya. i dun make much money, so have to really really ask carefully. ahahaha