Sign in to follow this  
ferrarihotbabe

How do you network?

I'm in my third year in economics and gonna grad this year. Sometimes I do find it hard to network because some people has already formed various small groups that I may find it hard to enter.

So, how do your guys normally network? And what kind of jobs that your friends who grad with econ degree working now as?

Thanks biggrin.gif

I've got a few freinds with econ degree working in the advertising and event line. It's not the degree that matters, only how you can apply it to your job is the most important thing.

Guest t0p_man

What kind of network you mean? Forming a group consist of 3-4 students doing final year project?

For your enquiry about the job, you can always browse through newspaper or online agency like jobstreet/itmyjob.com to ensure what kind of job and qualifications relevant to what you studied.

... some people has already formed various small groups that I may find it hard to enter.

what happened to your own group?

I've got a few freinds with econ degree working in the advertising and event line. It's not the degree that matters, only how you can apply it to your job is the most important thing.

Yeh, that's what I find different from Aust job market and Msia job market. The right degree may be a better chance for you to get the correct job. And in fact, I want to get involve with Economics related work..

Erm, do I sound too naive here?

what happened to your own group?

Most of my friends are not studying Economics. I have wide ranges of friends. But too bad that I can't get real close to them as in they are not someone I may talk to in private. Because of the wide range of friends, it's hard to identify who can actually help me.. Unless I network with every single one of them until a certain level.. Hmmm...

Most of my friends are not studying Economics. I have wide ranges of friends. But too bad that I can't get real close to them as in they are not someone I may talk to in private.

this economics study groups you're trying to penetrate does not need to know your private stories.

What kind of network you mean? Forming a group consist of 3-4 students doing final year project?

For your enquiry about the job, you can always browse through newspaper or online agency like jobstreet/itmyjob.com to ensure what kind of job and qualifications relevant to what you studied.

My networking means having a wide Network for you to contact when you need professional help in business wise or information wise.

Yup, looking into such homepages help biggrin.gif

this economics study groups you're trying to penetrate does not need to know your private stories.

Yeh, that's right, they don't need to know my private stories. But they are really too far from me.. You know, they are in groups that they protect themselves and the information. I may know one of them well but that person can't enclose much info for me..

... they are in groups that they protect themselves and the information. I may know one of them well but that person can't enclose much info for me...

you win some, you lose some.

Guest t0p_man

My networking means having a wide Network for you to contact when you need professional help in business wise or information wise.

Yup, looking into such homepages help biggrin.gif

Okay, understand what you mean now.

You can go to the "trade shows" relevant to the industry you are interested in. Malaysia has a lot of these shows and usually you can attend at least part of the event for free or minimal cost. Talk to the people, ask if they know of any possible job openings. Make yourself be known. You may get a job that is never even advertised. You will also gain a lot of knowledge and further contacts. You will learn what companies are good and what ones to avoid. You will learn which companies are winning contracts and which companies are not.

Good luck.

Okay, understand what you mean now.

You can go to the "trade shows" relevant to the industry you are interested in. Malaysia has a lot of these shows and usually you can attend at least part of the event for free or minimal cost. Talk to the people, ask if they know of any possible job openings. Make yourself be known. You may get a job that is never even advertised. You will also gain a lot of knowledge and further contacts. You will learn what companies are good and what ones to avoid. You will learn which companies are winning contracts and which companies are not.

Good luck.

Hmmm.. Does that mean getting a flashy resume works? *My resume?* I really need to pray more.. I don't really know how to get to employer fair in Msia? I have not seen it's being advertised fiercely. The only source I know is networking and newspaper.. I NeeD MoRe~~ sad.gif

Can intro?tongue.gif

ive jsut graduate with a degree in multimedia systems...currently looking for job.intrested in advertising and multimedia:)