Sign in to follow this  
Peachgal

Facts of the day ...

not yet, the last time i check. my cousin married a singaporean n brought the dog along lookaround.gif

Some more facts found interesting.

====================================

1. 94% of life on Earth is aquatic.

2. In the 60 year history of the United Nations existence there have been

between 150 and 200 wars. Only 2 of those wars have been approved.

3. Oysters may change their gender several times during their lifetime.

4. Clown fish are all born male and can change their gender if needed to

reproduce.

5. Male ejaculate is ejected at about 28mph.

6. Boys who have unusual first names are more likely to have mental

problems than boys with conventional names. Some also say they will be

more successful because of their unusual name also.

7. A mixed drink containing a carbonated beverage is absorbed into the

body more quickly than are straight shots. Getting drunk would depend on

the amount of actual alcohol consumed.

8. The Spanish word "esposa" translates to both "handcuff" and "wife".

How ironic.

9. According to the Finnish edition of Guinness Book of Records the

longest acceptable Finnish word

is "lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas", which

has 61 letters and translates basically to "technical warrant officer

trainee specialized in aircraft jet engines."

10. The dictionary says "fagot" or "faggot" means A bundle of twigs,

sticks, or branches bound together.

Some more facts found interesting...

this facts are great for light reading and it'd be nice if you can put it in the 'fact of the day' thread so we can look at them all.

3. Oysters may change their gender several times during their lifetime.

4. Clown fish are all born male and can change their gender if needed to

reproduce.

woaaa, if only humans can do that. i'd love to try and pee standing without it going all over the place. hahahaha.

most women's left breast is larger than the other one. y? cause most men are right handed.

ok, this is one very slow response but...

haHAhaHAAHaHAHahahahaaaaaa... what the?! chair.gif

okay, here's one.

"1 in 10 oysters contain a pearl, but only 1 in 50 contain one of value."

woaaa, if only humans can do that. i'd love to try and pee standing without it going all over the place. hahahaha.

well babe you can try standing-pee now already if im not wrong without the need of changing your gender blink.gif

and i believe if you pee hard enough i think you should be able to shoot your target but of course there could be a mess when you try to 'brake your car' lookaround.gif

haha i know i can, but i'll definitely miss my target. and i wouldnt want it trickling down my feet now, would i?

*does a grossed out face*

haha i know i can, but i'll definitely miss my target. and i wouldnt want it trickling down my feet now, would i?

*does a grossed out face*

you can use your hands to try squeezing or something to influence the stream mah.

The name Israel, given to the Biblical patriarch Jacob mentioned in Genesis, means "one who has struggled with God".Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the US, over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions. Israel places first in this category as well. 24% of Israel's workforce hold university degrees, ranking third in the industrialized world (after the US and Holland) and 12% hold advanced degrees.Israel has the highest in the world ratio of university degrees to the population.Israel has the highest per capita ratio of scientific publications in the world by a large margin, as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in high tech). On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech start-ups.The cell phone was developed in Israel by Motorola-Israel.The Pentium MMX and Centrino chips were designed by Intel-Israel.

you can use your hands to try squeezing or something to influence the stream mah.

ngeh? but i dun have dicks?

ngeh? but i dun have dicks?

can wan. you try using your finger to apply pressure here and there while you pee and you'll see the stream changing.

'typewriter' is the longest word you can create from using just the the top row of keys on a QWERTY keyboard.

can wan. you try using your finger to apply pressure here and there while you pee and you'll see the stream changing.

LOL, woa, check out the expert ;D

got these from a dialy street press..they're cool smile.gif

The strength of chilli peppers is measured in Scoville units.

Between 1520 and 1630, 30000 people were reported to French authorities for being werewolves.

According to tradition, the Archbishop of Cyprus is the only person on the island allowed to write in purple ink.

In Turkey, the turkey is called the American Bird. tongue.gif The correct collective noun for turkeys is a rafter.

Queen ants have been known to live up to 30 years.

US criminal James W. Rodgers, sentenced to death by firing squad in 1960, asked for a bulletproof vest as his last request. Wondered if he got it??

In 1917, more than a decade before talking films, inventor Charles Pidgin of Massachusetts patented a comic book method by which balloons imprinted with dialogue were concealed in performers' mouths and blown up on cue.

Eosophobia is a fear of dawn.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" is wrongly attributed to Mohammad Ali. It was a phrase coined by his trainer and mentor Drew "Bundini" Brown.

Daredevil Bobby Leach, the first man to go over the Niagara Falls in a barrel in 1911 (Annie Taylor preceded him in 1901) survived with a broken jaw and two broken kneecaps, only to die slippin on an orange peel 15 years later. He fell in Christchurch, New Zealand i8n 1926, succumbing to gangrene after having a badly broken leg amputated.

The naming of snow-covered Greenland by Viking explorer Eric the Red is a 10th-century example of false advertising. Exiled frm Iceland, he led a group of colonists there in 986, calling it Greenland in a bid to woo more settlers from his homeland.

In Somalia, there are about 200 times as many camels as cars.

In 1969, an Italian was charged with selling as Parmesan a substance identified as being grated umbrella handles.

The Chinese used sea lion whiskers to clean opium pipes.

According to a 2004 survey, 73 per cent of acne sufferers would turn down a fortune if they could have the perfect complexion.

A slug can smell a mushroom more than 3km away.

More facts...

In Uganda, more than half the population is under 15.

According to onld English superstition, dreaming about teeth falling out foretells the death of a friend. A modern Freudian interpretation is fear of sexual impotence.

At any given moment there are about 2000 thunderstorms in progress over the Earth's surface- about 45,000 daily.

George Washington sent the world's first airmail letter- carried from Philadelphia to New Jersey by balloonist Jean Pierre Blanchard on January 7, 1793.

In Japanese, the verb tsujigiri means "trying out a sword on a chance passer-by".

Adoxography is the use of line writing on a trivial subject.

make sure u have an umbrella when standing behind an elephant...

HAhahahaHAHAHAhahaha laughing.gifdoh.gif