Sign in to follow this  
Dina

Oily face...what product to use...

My skin is consider quite oily, my face will become shine easily after 1 to 2 hours if i don apply my purifying lotion. i have been using Monrose balancing day cream for about 1 week, my face become so much less oilier even if i apply lesser purifying lotion. reduce around 70%..i think it is a great day cream. Shud try! :D

Dina, i think it is better for ya to do hydrating mask( Neutrogena) and clay mask(St Ives).. once ya skin is hydrated it wun produce much oil.if not it wud produce more and more oil... but masking does help alot.. if still can't then have to use hydrating serum , for example Skin Formulation, Hydro Aqua Essense :)

I m having dry to combi skin before this, but recently it has turn into oily skin . Can sunblock actually giving this problem because i just started using sunblock 1 month ago? I m using Biore suncreen..i was thinking shud i stop or shud i change my whoel set of products now.. :unsure:

I m having dry to combi skin before this, but recently it has turn into oily skin . Can sunblock actually giving this problem because i just started using sunblock 1 month ago? I m using Biore suncreen..i was thinking shud i stop or shud i change my whoel set of products now.. :unsure:

maybe...the sunscreen probably too rich for your skin, therefore much more oily...

i work in a retail environment, with almost 80 over staffs..and most of em have oily skin problem which has been solved by using this single product....ESKINOL CUCUMBER mixed with pimple pills..just ask the pharmacist, they'll know..it has done wonders for oily skin problems..reduce shine, oil seeds and pimples.. :)

my mom does that too and i used it when i was younger but after a while it's too drying for my skin. eskinol has a very high alcohol content

Dina, u can try use 'mior'. This soap is very popular now-from what i've heard lah.. I also try it. Well,it really is a good product. My skin looks fresh and glowing. From testimonies i read, those with acne/oily prob were very satisfied with the product. Try it. U might like it..

Dina, u can try use 'mior'. This soap is very popular now-from what i've heard lah.. I also try it. Well,it really is a good product. My skin looks fresh and glowing. From testimonies i read, those with acne/oily prob were very satisfied with the product. Try it. U might like it..

Where to get Mior ya? How much is it?

maybe...the sunscreen probably too rich for your skin, therefore much more oily...

ya traclyn, my face is getting very much oily nowadays...i hardly use oil blotter last time but now i have used almost 3 pieces a day! i dare not to stop sunblock since i need to drive under hot sun sometimes... so i choose to apply it alternate day. :unsure:

ya traclyn, my face is getting very much oily nowadays...i hardly use oil blotter last time but now i have used almost 3 pieces a day! i dare not to stop sunblock since i need to drive under hot sun sometimes... so i choose to apply it alternate day. :unsure:

it is best to apply sun block everyday. maybe you should try using other brand's sun block. try mtm's it is very good. spf 50 some more. a bit pricey but then can last a long long time. i use mine everyday and sometime for whole body when i go swimming also can use more than a year..

Try Monrose skin care!!!

It ables to help for my problematic oily skin after using it for about 2 months. I myself have this acne problem(huge and painful type), with extremely oily face ever since I hit puberty at the age of 13.

I’ ve been following the suggested routine with the product suggested from MonRose consultant...it's been 2months++ and it work for me!! This purifying lotion only took less than a week to solved my oil problem which always cause me look darker!! Hence, many of my pimples were gone and whiteheads were reduced!

It is far better compared to when I used my previous skin care which has alcohol-rich products . My view is , this lotion and the hydro boost works effectively for oily skin. :nod:

My face gets oily easily, although i wash my face 3 times a day, haiz... :shakehead: but feel a bit better if apply powder...

since u have got oily skin,its not recomended that u wash more than twice a day..exccessive washing will NOT help to reduce oiliness from skin even in a tiny bit,but will just worsen it.when ur skin being stripped off moisture due to excessive washing , ur skin become dehydrated.ur skin then will signal the brain for help and the brain will in turn signal the oil glands in the dermis to produce more oil as to moisturise the skin.so ur best bet?pick a cleanser thats develop for use for oily skin with gentle oats beads for washing and gentle exfoliating @ the same time.my recomendation would be skinfood oat cinnamon rich foam.u should also all together stay away from using alcohol based skincare as that can cause skin dehydration and can lead to exccesive sebum.for oil control,its advisable that u use moisturiser as to prevent dehydration.just use water based moisturiser,not mineral oil based ones please.its unwise to skip using moisturiser since u have got oily skin.one product u can use to control excessive sebum is skinfood sake pore serum.last but not least ,do practise 3 basic skin care steps:cleanse,toner,miosturiser

good luck!

My face gets oily easily...usually half day wearing make up, my t-zone especially forehead very shiny...hate it! Anyone can recommend product proven good to combat oiliness? or maybe a facial treatment in saloon? pls..thx!!

do give skinfood peach sake pore serum a try.it does a fab job keeoing shine @ bay especially @ t-zone

and do use make up base /primer before u put on foundation next time around.that help to keep skin hydrated and to make foundation stays longer onto the skin as primer/make base prep ur skin,smoothen pores and acts as a canvas for ur foundation to stay on

do practice cleanse+toner+moisturiser.oily skin shouldnt skip using moisturiser as by doing so will only further avaggrate the situation where once the skin feels dry and dehydrated it will signal the oil glands to produce more oil as a means to redehydrate the skin thus as a result,skin become oily..so ,prevent excessive skin sebum with using moisturiser.pick only water based moisturiser

drink more water too as to keep ur body hydrated all the time & to flush toxin out of ur system

and another product that work for u is skinfood cucumber soothing mask wash off.it restore the skin hydration and will soothe any skin inflamation u may have

Edited by d3vil doll

My face is quite oily few hours after washing my face each time, i reply a lot on oil blotter.

I found Shiseido oil blotter is very good in reducing my oil.

u can minimise ur need of blotters when u practice good skin care regime.do try drinking more water to keep ur body hydrated,to prevent skin dehydration that will cause excesssive sebum.do practice Cleanse+Toner+Moisturiser.choose water based product,not petroleum oil based product as it will do u no good n sebum control.do try using skinfood peach sake pore serum to help u combat excessive sebum.just apply that before u apply ur normal moisturiser on top.it helps by keeping shine ! bay,works especially well on t zone area

and most important,do not skip skin moisturiser!

]

Edited by d3vil doll

u shouldnt skip sunblock as sunblock protect ur skin from harmful UV rays that can cause ur skin premature ageing and skin cancer.u should use sunblock daily

pick a sunblock which are water based,the texture milky,not those with creamy texture as that can be too oily and rich for your oily skin type.my recomendation faceshop milky lotion SPF 38pa++.

do try drinking more water to keep ur body hydrated,to prevent skin dehydration that will cause excesssive sebum.do practice Cleanse+Toner+Moisturiser,.do try using skinfood peach sake pore serum to help u combat excessive sebum.just apply that before u apply ur normal moisturiser on top.it helps by keeping shine ! bay,works especially well on t zone area

and most important,do not skip skin moisturiser!

just apply sunblock in small amount,tiny dot across the face and gently pat.use only after u apply moisturiser

Edited by d3vil doll

I m a frequent customer for Monrose skin care.

Their best seller product, Purifying lotion controls my oily face very well. Try it girls!! :thumbsup2:

But u need to handle it carefully, it could be drying sometimes if i over apply ..

I'm soooooo happy and satisfied with my face condition now.

I'm very confident to got to work without make up or shopping .

because its light and non oily balancing day cream able to give me a flawless and matte look in the day.

just suggest u shud give dermalogica brand oil control lotion(moisturizer) a try. thats really gd in regulating sebum production on our skin.last time i used to have oily skin which can be used to fry eggs 8) ..afta using this oil control lotion just for 3 months,my face is totally matte and flawless.now im still using it but my face really not oily anymore even i apply it less frequently.even im working outside for 10 hrs my face still matte. hehe my dermatologist told me that i dun have to use the oil control lotion anymore and i can chanx to normal moisturizer so dat ou face don't depend too much on the oil control lotion and let it replenish itself.hehe..i have just ued 5% of the oil control lotion d....it is really really gd..non sticky at all..seriously i dun like that sticky feeling ...luckily i found this product which is a fluid type..haha...i shall get myself a normal moistuizer d..so any1 out there hu have oily skin if u r interested with my oil control lotion u can pm me so dat u can experience the matte face like me..price can be negotiate..yeapppppppp..

since u have got oily skin,its not recomended that u wash more than twice a day..exccessive washing will NOT help to reduce oiliness from skin even in a tiny bit,but will just worsen it.when ur skin being stripped off moisture due to excessive washing , ur skin become dehydrated.ur skin then will signal the brain for help and the brain will in turn signal the oil glands in the dermis to produce more oil as to moisturise the skin.so ur best bet?pick a cleanser thats develop for use for oily skin with gentle oats beads for washing and gentle exfoliating @ the same time.my recomendation would be skinfood oat cinnamon rich foam.u should also all together stay away from using alcohol based skincare as that can cause skin dehydration and can lead to exccesive sebum.for oil control,its advisable that u use moisturiser as to prevent dehydration.just use water based moisturiser,not mineral oil based ones please.its unwise to skip using moisturiser since u have got oily skin.one product u can use to control excessive sebum is skinfood sake pore serum.last but not least ,do practise 3 basic skin care steps:cleanse,toner,miosturiser

good luck!

Thanks d3vil... but i did feel much better if i wash my face 3 times a day... if not, i feel very uncomfortable to work during aft time...

i will look into this skin food oat cinnamon cleanser... thk~~~ :D

Thanks d3vil... but i did feel much better if i wash my face 3 times a day... if not, i feel very uncomfortable to work during aft time...

i will look into this skin food oat cinnamon cleanser... thk~~~

:D

welcome sugrapine.i hope the oat cinnamon will help u as much as it helps me

as for oil control,u can try skin food pore sake serum to keep shine aways from ur skin

since u dont feel comfortable if u dont wash ur face,why dont u change a little on ur routine?instead of washing,y not keep a pack of baby wipes handy and just wipe whenever u need to feel fresh during the day.do look for wipes that comes together with moisturiser though.after wiping,blot off excees oil (if stil have after wiping with baby wipes) with blotters and spray on the avene thermal spring watr for hydration

To CMYCMY ..usualy combination skin means at yr T zone is oily but anothr parts is dry to normal. Yr skincare can also caused yr skin turn to oily skin but if u stop it, i don't think that's gud solution cos don't forget that now global bacome very hot and the danger of sunburn which we call UVA n UVB can damage yr skin, I hav study regard UVA n UVB and u know what I founded is our clothes cannot protect our skin from UVA n UVB n no matter how thick our clothes still UVA, UVB can damage our skin so sunblock is a must for us now. Studies says if we exposed to sun around 10-15 mnt we 'll get damage fron sunburn and from study also said that cos now global become hotter bcos of ozone been destroyed and has caused UVA with can damage our inner skin layer so sunblock which has PA (Protection Grade of UVA) is more effective in protection. For me, I use the one which high SPF and got PA+++ which also contain alovera, vitaminA,B which can sooth our skin layer which damage from sunburn. It's very good one cos lighweight and not sticky, I used it as make up base also cos this product also contain concealer. :D It's gud! U should try, it's suit with yr skin cos I also got some part oily some part dry and my friend which oily skin also using it..she said it's very work! :thumbup1:

Edited by Manis&Ayu

welcome sugrapine.i hope the oat cinnamon will help u as much as it helps me

as for oil control,u can try skin food pore sake serum to keep shine aways from ur skin

since u dont feel comfortable if u dont wash ur face,why dont u change a little on ur routine?instead of washing,y not keep a pack of baby wipes handy and just wipe whenever u need to feel fresh during the day.do look for wipes that comes together with moisturiser though.after wiping,blot off excees oil (if stil have after wiping with baby wipes) with blotters and spray on the avene thermal spring watr for hydration

Hehe, i have just bought some baby wipes just now, will try out later :wink3: Thanks!

hi,

you may want to try out AG2000; Skin Purifying Gel. Formulated for the treatment of oily & acne prone skin. This purifying gel rejuvenates your skin, clear skin infection, dead cells & reduce pores size