Sign in to follow this  
Sushi

Hair extensions

Have any of you done hair extension before? I would like to give it a try since my hair is growing so slow and I would like to have long hair before my sis's wedding. Also, is it popular in malaysia? Do they have this service?

hair extension is expensive in m'sia. my friend told me that if normal extension is around few hundred and depends on your hair thickness and length. if you plan to use good one, then need few thousand.

I want to compare the prices to see if it is worth it to do it in malaysia. I am planning to go there this year! :) Do you know how long it will last?

i had mine done before, but not proper extension, it was like few strikes of hair from the root (so its like cut to the normal length, not giving it extra length, if u get wat i mean?! ^_^ ). i had few purple strikes of hair extension done, cant really remember the price, it was probably like £5 per strike or something like that. it lasted about 1/2 months but kinda hard work when u washing it!

I saw that Snips in times square is having a promotion.hair extension is started at RM20 onwards..u can check their web at www.snips.com.my

The Snips website looks good. They didn't mention anything about hair extension tho.

That is pretty cheap! Are they good?? Also, do they use 100% human hair?

Edited by Sushi

I just thought of giving you guys an update. I finally went for the hair extension for the first time. I picked 18" hair length. I had it done on May 6th. The hairstyle is pretty simple. Just long, more volume and some hightlights. The main color is dark brown and hightlight is red/burgundy. The method to attach the hair extension is called Fusion. Basically she melted the wax and glued it to my hair. The wax is black color so you won't notice it. It took 5 hours to complete the fusion. When I sleep on my pillow for the first week, my head felt the bumps which is from the wax. After a week, I got used to it. I have to comb my hair very often to untangle the knots. I have to use special shampoo to wash my hair. I wash my hair every other day. My hairstylist told me to wash my hair 2 days a week. I didn't follow her advice. :P The condition of the extension is still pretty good but it started to show split ends and some already came off (just like normal where you tend to shed some hair). This happened after a month. Overall, you won't notice a thing about my hair. It's just like normal. I can curl, flat iron and do whatever i want with the hair as long as I don't expose to high heat around the wax area.

This will last about 6 months to a year. So, it should be worth it. :) Will I continue? Maybe. ;)

I did mine here. Cost around RM 700++. I tink not worth. Have to really wash gently.. and make sure the scalp clean. Then have to go thru all the fast to detangle the knots. QUite fussy. My extension last 3 months. i did it early last year. Not worth for me de..

That is cheap, Quen^nie. Mind cost more than that! I'm not going to tell you the exact amount. It's true.. alot of trouble to have hair extension.

Does anyone know where I can get hair extensions done?

ya, you can have it done in a cut above sunway. if student do for you..1 piece cost rm 10. if profesional do i dun know wats the price... you go there and check lor....

Thanks...!! I will go to Cut Above in BSC and check!

Please let me know how much it costs?I've been meaning to get extensions..thanks!!!

Last CNY, my bf did hair extension, the saloon guy charged him RM 25 per extension, because his hair is short, so they take one piece and cut into two... but still the price of one... he did it in a saloon in SS15 Subang

I did hair extension almost whole head.Cost me about 1K plus. after discounts lo.. But this was 3 years back. So now would be cheaper lo

Wow, so expensive! How was it?? Was it lasting? Is it hard to maintain?

kawaiiakira : Hard to maintain. if you are careful enough okay la. Its like after you wash your hair, the your extensions hair sometimes stuck with you real hair. And it takes quite alot of effort to make it doesnt look messy. High maintenance la. I mixed with certain colors.. since my hair lighter brown that time.

I did hair extension almost whole head.Cost me about 1K plus. after discounts lo.. But this was 3 years back. So now would be cheaper lo

Bloody hell!!That's expensive!!!