Sign in to follow this  
Atomic

Subungual Hematoma

Subungual Hematoma

A subungual hematoma is a collection of blood in the space between the nailbed and fingernail. Subungual hematoma results from a direct injury to the fingernail. The pressure generated by this collection of blood under the nail causes intense pain.

180px-HEMORRHAGESUBUNG1.JPG

I myself have bruised nails since.. 10 years ago? I tried to shut my car door when I was a kid and ended up banging onto my toenail. But the thing is, its still there after so long. I never really paid attention to it until now.. obviously.

^ The picture above isnt mine but my nail looks similar to that now

Is there any way to rid it?

Thanks!

hmm..i get this before..what i did was to cut off the nails till very short and the black part gone... :lol: somehow it works for me..after few months grow back new nail....

Actually this is very easy to get rid...

last time i wear shoes very tight and wear for long hours...

then my last toe cacat d...

then i cut it till pendek...then try to korek the black part out of the nailbed...

now still left a bit..>_<

hmm..i get this before..what i did was to cut off the nails till very short and the black part gone... :lol: somehow it works for me..after few months grow back new nail....

That would work if the bruise is somewhere upper or middle of the nail.. ^_^

Actually this is very easy to get rid...

last time i wear shoes very tight and wear for long hours...

then my last toe cacat d...

then i cut it till pendek...then try to korek the black part out of the nailbed...

now still left a bit.. >_<

I did use the "korek" method lol, it worked for the upper part, but I cant reach the whole bruise :doh: I've been waiting for them to move upwards when my nail grows, but no, nail grows but bruise is still at the same position where I cant reach :X

Hey there, I bruised my nail too, not knowing what I banged into. The bruise sort of became worse and caused a bump on my nail. Eventually the nail was like coming out and that day it finally came out. :blink: Not the whole toe nail. I thank god 3/4 of my new nail has grown b4 the old one came off.