Sign in to follow this  
Judy Lin

Lasik?

My sis did her lasik few yrs back. so far, so good.

no side effect o anything...

but some of her frens who did lasik too, did suffer from some side effects. i think it;s their luck, also their eyes n that surgeon skills.

tot of gettin lasik too myself in the future but after seeing the side effects her frens had, having a 2nd tot now. :ermm:

Edited by CAttY^_^cAT

what sort of side effect ?

i did mine also but no side effect woh.

of cuz u wont get 0 power but it can be like +/- 10 - 50

Hi CAttY^_^cAT,

Yeah, can u tell us wat are the side effects?

I had a friend who did her lasik at OPTIMAX, TTDI 3-4 years back and her eyes are just fine.

Another friend is also planning to do lasik.

Well, maybe such situation depends too on the eye condition. pretty subjective maybe. ;)

depends on the doctor's skill and the technology that he/she is using

normally, you'll have left-over myopia, won't totally go to 0 degree

also some ppl have bad accomodation, means you cannot adjust your vision quickly from looking far then suddenly look near

then a lot of ppl also have bad night vision, at night can't see clearly, see halos and glaring when driving at nite...

if your degree is not so bad (below 300) better don't go for LASIK, unless you're really deperate

Usually ppl with low/mid degree of myopia have advantage when they're older. these ppl won't get reading problem (presbyopia/old age eyes/"lao hua yan") as soon as other ppl with normal eyesight.

So if you really wanna go for it, i suggest you find out enough info and really sure abt it.

http://www.jerrytan.com/jt_05_choose.htm

This surgeon is the best in Spore. And most importantly, his website has a lot of info.

well, 1 of her frens got headache for 6mths after lasik and he did his surgery at one of the best eye doc in spore. n another one can see a ring of light for few mths...

but so far, my sis is ok. no side effect o anything. but as archer babe had said, it's for sure the power will not b reduced to 0.

some more my sis has astig...so, during nite time, her vision is quite blur.

but i still think the most important is still to get a reliable surgeon. :)

Edited by CAttY^_^cAT

Totally agree with Catty. I had mine done 2+ years ago. I don't regret doing it. It gives me the freedom not having to wear glasses or contact lens. I also save money too. My vision at night time is not that great. It's still bareable.

Edited by Sushi

how much does it cost for LASIK in KL?

i did my LASIK when i was 21.. my doc said i can only do it at 21.. not below coz my eyes and my power would be stable by then.. so it was like 7 years ago.. i paid rm4k+ for it.. after doing it, i couldn't see as it was VERY blur.. after a few hours of sleeping, when i opened my eyes for the 1st time i could see!! clearly! :) so far, i got no side effects or anything.. my power was 500+ (right eye) and 200+ (left eye).. now, i do not have perfect eye sight.. even my doc said no one can get perfect..

the bad side of LASIK is that, u can only do twice in your lifetime.. it also depends on your eye condition.. as for me, i can't wear color contacts.. the doc said my eyeball isn't totally rounded.. so i can't wear as it might block my iris and i can't see! :(

I did my Lasik last year.

My eyes power is 1000+ each eye.

I can gain vision 20/20. The mean no power left.

Its depend on individual and lifestyle.

The side effect, dry and tired eyes.

That all. No big deal.

I did lasik on my both eyes in 2007 at vista,kl. So far my eyes still OK.... It cost almost 7K, i choose Laser Lasik coz they said my eye membrane too thin..... they refused to do blade lasik on me cost around 3K. So that time they asked me to choose laser lasik or not at all.

The operation is not dangerous.

All you need is to rest and let the precision laser beam to do the job.

Your eye will feel very dry and you will smell some of the protein.

i did mine at Optimax in TTDI. Its been 2 years now and my vision is still clear :D

I had dry eyes for the 1st week but i was able to work on the 3rd day after the surgery.

No side effect or anything so far. i guess, it varies on different people. i heard some people had side effects and some got their vision even worst after the surgery. But mine so far so good lar...