Sign in to follow this  
Sheryl

Thai, Malaysian,Italian, Dessert

I haven't been back to Malaysia for quite some time.

But during my last visit, I came across this wonderful Thai restaurant in One Utama. They have got the best Tom Yum soup I have ever taste( well, as long as my memory holds, its been quite long since i have them). hehe... hmm.. but i don't seems to recall the name of da restaurant.. shucks...! mad.gif

anyway... dessert will b best at Secret Recipie... love cake!!!! cake cake cake.. yummy!

Next, there is this really nice Italian restaurant over PJ SS2 area if i m not mistaken. Namely, Italiano Restaurant or something. heee.... huh.gif

I m not bragging here, but i do love Madam Kuan LOTSSS!!! KLCC, Madam Kuans, or is this how they spell da "kuan" or "kwan".. oh well, anyway... really nice authentic Malaysian food! welll... once again.. u gota excuse me for not having malaysian food for many years... these are a few of those i really fond of.

Cheers! tongue.gif

Is it called Good evening Thailand, at the new phase? i just had my lunch there few days ago.

I know there was a reeeeeally nice Italian Reastauranr in PJ, they served the best tiramisu ever. But now they changed the ownership i guess. It's called the 19th Bistro or sumthing now..

Oh talkin abt Mdm Kwans, kind of grew tired with its food. cos only a few choices to choose from.or maybe only a few tht suit my taste haha.

There is this Vietnamese Restaurant at One U Phase 2, same row as the Malacca Restaurant if i'm not mistaken. Their Viet food is quite special though. Can give it a try. And the seafood horfun not bad,although it's not a typical Viet food, but rather a canton,hehe. I especially love those side dish served with peanut sauce. yummy!!

And yea, I also vote for Secret Recipe for their relatively cheap yet delicious Cheesecake!! Their sponge cake is also worthwhile, girls!

As for Sushi wise, my personal favourite, I'd vote for Equatorial Hotel Jap restaurant, especially worth it when u join their buffet on sunday morning!! heaps of fresh salmon awaiting u. only RM60 for all u can eat! they also served red bean green tea ice cream, tempura, cold green noodles, cawanmushi, fruits n lots more. dun worry, the quality is not compromised a single bit despite serving in bulk!!

Oh by the way, I stop patronizing Genki and Sushi King for God knows how long ago. I bet those the quality has gone downhill...esp Genki.

Yeah, i just cant agree more. Sushi King sucks cuz the food isnt so fresh. For cheese's sake, how could unagi kabayaki be served COLD? It simply insults my taste buds.

I definite vote for Kampachi! (the one in Equatorial Ques was talking about) It is simply the best in town so far! I just couldnt bring myself to brush my teeth after having a hearty meal there.. haha! Of course u pay more when u indulge more. For a more economic alternative (which is 7 out of 10 rated by cheesillicious), go for the one near Atria, which is Mi... something Koshi..the prices are real resonable and the food is just as good as some hotels. Haha.. couldnt really recall the name, will let ya know next time k!

oh noooo cheesy! somebody pls do smthg with my uncontrollable drooling.. unsure.gif

I've been missing cheese cakes since i came bac in july!! I hardly buy cakes here cos I deemed it a bit pricey, cos i convert from sgd!haha i'm kind of stingy at times...can't help it!

I miss malaysian food dearly, n u know wat? Now...i felt tht Maggie Mee is nicer than the food here :s

omg...all these talk about food.....making me soooo hungry...i wanna go back to malaysia sooooo bad.....food in canada not that nice....but got some places really nice food lar., right coco? but leh....the only prob is must hunt the places down coz very hard to find.

at least there are nice place to eat in canada, but i eat in school, i have no choice unless i 1 2 spend more money.. not worth it sad.gif

dun talk about food here already..

a lot of us are too far away from m'sia..

that's just basically SEDUCE man...

Sheryl i think the shop u talking about izzit used to be next to secret recipe??

hahaha u said stop talking about food...and ur asking sheryl which shop it is.. aduhh... what la u ahahaha....

YumMy ~!

i love cheese cakes, but i love tiramisu more than anything on earth !

hehe, i think babycoco miss the food i'm eating everyday here too much.. when it comes to food, nothing can be Malaysia ya ?

yeah definitely, i miss malaysian food as well sad.gif very much, n i meant VERYYY... few weeks ago the chef cooked malaysian menu... but it's nothing like malaysian food at all... oh god. It tasted ok but it doesnt represent malaysian food

ehheee.. curious ma.. see if it is the one that i thought it is ma.. coz the shop that i think it is one sell the asam laksa there not that good.. :X but then i know that shop specialize in penang food..

so full now.. hehee.. so i dun mind talking about food laugh.gif

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh asam laksaaa????? grrrr.... want to find any spicy food here also soooooooooooo difficult.

dun talk about food here already..

a lot of us are too far away from m'sia..

that's just basically SEDUCE man...

Sheryl i think the shop u talking about izzit used to be next to secret recipe??

errrrr//... i have no idea...

heheheee....... i have only been there once...

I personally vote for Kampachi, Inagiku and Rakuzen

For Kampachi and Rakuzen, the prices are still reasonable, but for Inagiku...really expensive. Not surprising when they approach u with the bill that will cost u RM 800 - Rm1500 for a meal.

Worth a try if ur a jap food lover.

hhahha kampachi restaurant? u mean equatorial? lol.. i did my industrial training at equatorial hotel before but it was bangi not kl biggrin.gif

Hey gals, if u happen to shop ard Bukit Bintang, check this place out -> Green Lotus. (near Lot 10, one of those restaurants & bistro beside Coronade Hotel) The food & beverages there are quite reasonable. It provides a soothing and romantic ambience with dim candle light. smile.gif

yah..i knoe where izzit....and lots of my frens recommend there but i still dun ve the chance to visit there. eiii....i can think bout bringing my bf there for his birthday wor.... biggrin.gif

yah..i knoe where izzit....and lots of my frens recommend there but i still dun ve the chance to visit there. eiii....i can think bout bringing my bf there for his birthday wor.... biggrin.gif

Yeah...I think u shld....it's a nice place...trust me! biggrin.gif Esp for couples...hehe

I prefer food from pasar malam. The kuih-muih, dim sum, appetizer, jagung, nasi lemak, prawn mee, 'wat dan ho', dessert, laksa, dau fu fa (egg flavor!) etc etc... *YUMMY*