Sign in to follow this  
fred

Any wine lover here

I kind of prefer red wine than white one because of the stronger taste. For white wine, normally i'll drink chantonnay. Do you have any preference? or dont drink wine at all ??

i drink only on occasion lol... heheh that's not counted tongue.gif but i love rose wine.. i tasted it before at my wine-tasting class, it's sooo nice biggrin.gif

I cant drink. the moment i had some wine I will have red dots all over my body haha..

I joined wine tasting and whisky tasting session before tongue.gif

Just for your information, when you see whisky, it means it is produced in Scotland, and whiskey is from ireland, US or other country.

Champagne actually belong to that kind of alcohol from a place in france, called champagne, not all the sparking wine suppose be to called champagne, ppl call all of them as it although those drinks are not from "champagne". The correct way to call it should be "sparkling wine".

y is my post was not successfully posted here?

well coco.i did the wine tasting session class back in my college years where beverage studies is one of my subject. Btw im taking hotel management. After that session i was already a bit high coz drank it all one shot. Hahha.. and i had 1 more class after that session tongue.gif

*sigh.. too bad i cannot find any of those course here...

*sobs.. now thinking

but really admire those ppl who knows how to appreciate.. looks really COOL!! :X

y is my post was not successfully posted here?

well coco.i did the wine tasting session class back in my college years where beverage studies is one of my subject. Btw im taking hotel management. After that session i was already a bit high coz drank it all one shot. Hahha.. and i had 1 more class after that session tongue.gif

because u clicked the "report" button instead of reply, so it sent to my email account as a "reported bad post".

uhm, whoa, old topic.. can i reply? tongue.gif

well generally i go for red wine coz i dunno, it taste better.. i guess? tongue.gif just drank it on sis's 16th birthday last thurs! laughing.gif btw, does it really matter what kind of glass you use for wine? i read it can actually affect the taste.. blink.gif

ya! i think so.. read an article somewhere that for certain kind of wines you need a particular glass shape.. coz it's important which part of the tongue the wine reaches first.. blink.gif the wine experts out there! care to elaborate?

ya lo.. i heard ppl who knows how to rool their thoung can taste the real taste of wine.. i think i see from one of those stephen chow movies.. LOL

I love red wine.

It's either Shiraz or Merlot. Cabernet Sauvignon is fine with me too.

I like Chardonnay too!! I dont drink wine that often until recently my mum said red wine can keep your body warm and it's good for health especially port. I like sparkling wine too, i like Martini Asti.

then does it matter if the glass has a "flare lip" or whatever that may mean? and is it true that you're not supposed to hold the body of the glass when you're drinking red wine, but instead you hold the stem? biggrin.gif can anyone explain why so? happy.gif

I'm not sure about the "flare lip", but i know it's not right to hold the body of the glass, u must hold the stem. But dont know why.... Even u clean the wine glass, u cant have your finger prints on it, must use a cloth to hold the glass.

then does it matter if the glass has a "flare lip" or whatever that may mean? and is it true that you're not supposed to hold the body of the glass when you're drinking red wine, but instead you hold the stem? biggrin.gif can anyone explain why so? happy.gif

Well, flare lip allows the wine to glide onto the part of the tongue which will arouse the best aspect of the wine. And holding the wine by the stem of the glass is to prevent body heat to be transfered to the wine, which will inadvertently affect the taste. That's why storage and even transportation of wine is vital. Wines should always be stored in a low traffic environment in yr home like in the storeroom (provided it doesn't get to warm in there).

fred: wouldn't msia be a bit too hot and humid to drink red wine? i personally prefer riesling for white wine and chianti for red

fred: wouldn't msia be a bit too hot and humid to drink red wine? i personally prefer riesling for white wine and chianti for red

nope, i think it is pretty good to have chilled wine here :-)