Sign in to follow this  
winniethepooh

Ideal Age to get engaged and married?

dont let your age to cloud your mind...only do it when u're really ready for it.

hmm nice age would be 25-28 i guess...

but if d rite guy din propose, wanna get married also can't rite?

so i also agree to get married when ya ready ^^

Edited by yin

I suppose 25-30 would be a good age, from a practical point of view.

I would probably not be in a hurry to get married .. Want to take some time to explore the world after uni and be myself for a bit, before plunging into married life.

Like Butterfly says, when you get married, making decisions won't be just about you anymore.

Granted, when you're in a relationship, you have to consider your significant other too, but you can still be rather reckless. ;)

One thing's for sure, I do want to get married. :)

Ideally, I think I would like to get married before 30. so I guess getting engaged around 24-26 will be all right for me. I'm in a long stable relationship, so even now making decisions are not just about me anymore. :)

Edited by Aster

ideal age is when two people feel matured and ready to settle down .

sadly i find in malaysia, either sides of extremes: those that settle down super quickly ( due to natural , or forced circumstances ) and those that stay far far away, in search & scurry of materialistic needs..

it needs to be a balance.. when two people find they are ready for that particular NEXT STEP up the ladder in the relationship, then perhaps it would be good :)

it's not easy.. never was, never is.. no one was born to be a parent or a good husband or wife by nature ;)

may you all find your ideal ages to get engaged or married ;)

My fiance proposed 4 days shy of my 25th birthday.

At the moment no plans yet with the wedding due to my relocation.

But we're thinking of end 2008 or latest by early 2009 which would mean I'm 26.

So far things have worked out the way I envisioned when I was younger. I'm blessed and thankful!

The ideal age would be when both have the same understanding of where they see their lives together in future.

Congrats sass_o

Hopefully i can get marry before 30. M waiting for myself to be ready and prepared. Mentally and physically. For now, uh.. hmm not yet.

Congrats sass_o!!! how sweet :) I think 26 is just nice. mind to tell more on his proposal? sorry to be so busybody

Edited by Aster

Thanks gals :)

Well the story is quite simple.

He was to visit me in Sydney on 23 June. So happens on the 22nd is a friends birthday. We gathered at a lounge to cut his cake and have some drinks. There I was complaining that I have to get up at 5am since the bf's flight arrives at 6am.

After drinks a friend said she had to pick up her friend at a hotel. So we went there in 2 cars and met another group there.

It was a hotel near an area called The Rocks where you are able to sit by the benches and have a fantastic view of Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.

My friends were running amuck (as usual) and I tagged along behind.

From far I saw this guy pop out from behind a wall with flowers. I couldn't see clearly and it wasn't until a closer look did I realize it was my BF!

Friends started laughing at me cuz my reaction was "WTF ARE U DOING HERE!" Bf pulled me to a bench knelt down and started saying how you remember the first time we dated we watched the sunrise here etc etc....I can't remember what else he said.

When he slipped the ring on my finger my friends cheered, jumped around, and screamed. It was quite a funny sight cause it was dreadfully cold.

After that we headed to a 24hr cafe to have my friends birthday cake, some pizza, coffee and cocktails.

I'll always remember 22 June!

by giving suprise so sweet!!! :wub:

but haha I can imagine how your face looked like that time.

so when's your turn huh Quen^nie?

Edited by Aster

i don't really know whether i'm ready or not. i'm suppose to engage and register next year, with my bf of 4 years. but i felt that i'm not ready yet. i'm just 24 next year (my bf only 23, but he's more mature than his age and both of us have the same understanding of where we see our lives together in future. )...sigh.... but the reason that we need to get engage next year is so that we can place in the same hospital during our housemanship....sigh~ , if we didn't engage, we most prob will be apart and most of them will end up breaking off..... I"M CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARRIAGE IS SUPPOSE TO BE DUE TO LOVE, and NOT with SOME OTHER PURPOSE!!! I"M CONFUSE!!!! this is not what i figure about my marriage! arggh......

kill me~

Edited by Sharvyn

Sharvyn, if your relationship is dy reached the status where both of you can see and understand the life living together in the future, means getting married is just a matter of time. if you decide to delay everything bcz you're not yet ready, you may have to put your relationship in great risk, you knew that as well.

if you dy decided to live with him for the coming future, as he being your hubby, it's nothing bad that just get married abit earlier, can even secure your future life as well, since can work in the same hospital, he can take care of you better right?. :) get married earlier wont mean it's not a marriage due to love, unless you think you dont love him much enough to lead you to marriage?

cheer

Edited by Aster

no age is an ideal age...guess as long as one is truly ready to bag all the happiness and woes with your loved one :) I planned to get married @ 24 and now 26, I want to wait for another year or two hmmmmmmmm

what's the hold up now?

any age ( over the minimum age limit of course ) sounds good as long as you're ready and have met the right person. But for women who'd like to start their own families, there's the biological clock ticking of course. :(