Sign in to follow this  
*~YuMikO~*

food that darken skin

recently i just heard from some frens of mine that papaya, carrot, mango can trigger the production of melanin even without the sun's uv. then i search online, soya food is also one of the food that will darken skin. but many ppl say that soya milk will help lighten skin. so which is true?

anyone knows any other food that will exhibit melanin production?

i oso wanna know.. i oso heard tht soya food give u fair skin...

well, all that i know... soya is good source of protein... which help in producing new cells... skin cells, brain cells and etc.

new cells or new skins are lighter in color, and that give us fairer look...

papaya, carrot, mango and all other reddish, yellowish, orangish food have lots of carotene which is good for skin too but never heard about the melanin production...

anyway. melanin is important to protect our skin from UV... but isn't melanin production is trigger by exposure to UV?

papaya, carrot <--- excessive amounts of these will cause ur skin to be yellowish.. esp ur palms. cos too much beta carotene. :)

papaya, carrot <--- excessive amounts of these will cause ur skin to be yellowish.. esp ur palms. cos too much beta carotene. :)

yes,agreed.. too much beta carotene can be toxic to us...

Soya may b good but do u know they r genetically grown? therefore they've xtra hormones in them(a client told me) n do u know if u consum too much soya when u r pregnant u child will hv a higher chances of being allergy?

My friend heard tat carrot n tomatos r good so she feed her kid very ofthen with these n she end up looking like an orange, poor kid even her nails turn orange color :P

I guess eating everything in moderation is da best :)

*Soy foods are rich in genistein. Genistein may cause melanin to disperse in pigment cells, causing the skin to darken. Moderate consumption of soy products is suggested. Soy also inhibits uptake of protein.

* Antioxidants such as beta-carotenes may increase melanin concentrations in the skin without UV exposure. Moderate consumption of beta-carotene rich fruits and vegetables is suggested. These examples are apricots, carrots, cantaloupe, mango, papaya, peaches, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, watermelon, yellow corn, and winter squash. A well-balanced diet is suggested. Do not indulge in one of the particular food listed above for a prolonged period of time. An important point to note here is that dark-skinned individuals may have very efficient mechanisms to absorb and deposit pigments in the skin as compared to light-skinned individuals.

* UV radiation causes the body to produce black pigment and could deplete FAIRSKIN™ nutrients that inhibit black pigment development. Stay out of direct sunlight and always use sun block!

* Food sources that may stimulate pigmentation if over-consumed include almonds, avocados, bananas, beef, fish (with dark flesh), lima beans, peanuts, pickled herring, pumpkin, sesame seeds, egg yolk, dark meat, seafood and soy sauce.

* Food sources that may enhance the skin whitening process include milk, yogurt, apples, white/green grapes, white and yellow onions, egg white, asparagus, cabbage-family vegetables, broccoli, garlic, horseradish, daikon radish, brussel sprouts, and turnips. Note: To retain sulfur in vegetables, do not overcook them. Eating them raw is best.

quoted from " http://www.thienna.com/faq.html "

i used to eat lots of papaya...and i turn super yellow!esp my palms...now i din eat papaya for a long time and my skin turn healthier colour...i eat lots of mango too...but my skin colour doesnt change much in my opinion

i think i have lack of melanin problem. i can't get dark :(

everytime under the sun, it will only turn red and not dark.

i even tried applying those tanning oil, aint working as well.

anything else to look out for?

*Soy foods are rich in genistein. Genistein may cause melanin to disperse in pigment cells, causing the skin to darken. Moderate consumption of soy products is suggested. Soy also inhibits uptake of protein.

* Antioxidants such as beta-carotenes may increase melanin concentrations in the skin without UV exposure. Moderate consumption of beta-carotene rich fruits and vegetables is suggested. These examples are apricots, carrots, cantaloupe, mango, papaya, peaches, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, watermelon, yellow corn, and winter squash. A well-balanced diet is suggested. Do not indulge in one of the particular food listed above for a prolonged period of time. An important point to note here is that dark-skinned individuals may have very efficient mechanisms to absorb and deposit pigments in the skin as compared to light-skinned individuals.

* UV radiation causes the body to produce black pigment and could deplete FAIRSKIN™ nutrients that inhibit black pigment development. Stay out of direct sunlight and always use sun block!

* Food sources that may stimulate pigmentation if over-consumed include almonds, avocados, bananas, beef, fish (with dark flesh), lima beans, peanuts, pickled herring, pumpkin, sesame seeds, egg yolk, dark meat, seafood and soy sauce.

* Food sources that may enhance the skin whitening process include milk, yogurt, apples, white/green grapes, white and yellow onions, egg white, asparagus, cabbage-family vegetables, broccoli, garlic, horseradish, daikon radish, brussel sprouts, and turnips. Note: To retain sulfur in vegetables, do not overcook them. Eating them raw is best.

quoted from " http://www.thienna.com/faq.html "

Wow! :clapclap: Thanks Yumiko! I am so happy to hear that genistein can prevents Skin darkening! I just bought a product, Nuvafemme recommended by the Caring Pharmacist in Pavillion that contains 20mg genistein. She claims it is good for skin and period pains but I am not aware that it is also good for skin whitening! :clapclap: . That is just amazing!

You're a star! :praisegod:

The box says, made from Non-GMO soya. Anyone knows what that means? :( .

Non-GMO simply means that the soybeans havent been genetically modified.

Wow! :clapclap: Thanks Yumiko! I am so happy to hear that genistein can prevents Skin darkening! I just bought a product, Nuvafemme recommended by the Caring Pharmacist in Pavillion that contains 20mg genistein. She claims it is good for skin and period pains but I am not aware that it is also good for skin whitening! :clapclap: . That is just amazing!

heard lots of ppl using this product before..hmm..wonder if it's really works..hee.

The Non-GMO Soya simply means they use Non Genetically modified soya :)

I noticed eating too much of papaya will cause skin become yellowish :rolleyes:

Hi! So happy to see this topic here! Thanks Yumiko for starting this topic! I bought Thienna's Fairskin products to try. Not impressed with her Mega Sulfur Crème - it is drying and leaves a yellowish cast on my skin - no whitening :( Also taking her Organic Sulfur - 3000mg cos I dun dare to eat so high dose. She claims to take 12,000mg a day of sulfur. That is a lot and she says her hair turned red! Somehow I also afraid of side effects.

I cut down on yellow/orange veges + fruits and I notice my skin not so 'tanned' looking. But no whitening… I dun think taking soya & almonds make one dark. If u gals read Da S - Mei Rong Da Wang 1, she says eating soya milk + almonds make her skin fair. So I also dunno if everything Thienna says is true!

I just try to eat as bland food as possible and not eat anything 'dark' in excess. Been 6 months already but my skin still the same! My boyfriend who is as fair as Snow White eats all the rubbish in the world (including 4-5 cups of black coffee a day, a lot of dark soya sauce food) and never get dark! So where is the skin color and food link? Maybe it is all in our genes…. Sigh...

i think i have lack of melanin problem. i can't get dark :(

everytime under the sun, it will only turn red and not dark.

i even tried applying those tanning oil, aint working as well.

anything else to look out for?

why wanna look darker when u 've got perfectly fair skin?

many girls out there actually desire fair skin...

Fair skin looks good too especially when u r healthy... :D