Sign in to follow this  
bronze_chiqz

Any good recommendation for green tea?

OSK ! The best ! :P

I saw it's RM16.90 in Hartamas shopping mall that day.

I second that :thumbup1: OSK green tea taste good

Edited by Kirst88

i dunno much about green tea but i like jasmine tea. 1 more thing.. i heard peppermint tea also good 4 ur health.. i prefer lipton.

I love OSK too. N the last time i bought mine was only RM14.90.

Just to share with u babes some info I found :

How to Brew Green Tea

The Top Ten Reasons Your Tea Didn't Turn Out Green

1. You brewed it too hot. If you brew it too hot, it will become bitter. This is probably the most common of all mistakes, and one which has the most influence over the taste. Depending of the variety of green tea, it should be brewed around 175 degrees F, give or take 5 degrees.

2. You started off with old green tea. Green tea, "when properly packaged", has a shelf life of about 6 months. Once opened, you have about 2-3 months to use it. That's for properly packaged (vacuum packed or nitrogen packaged) tea - If your green tea wasn't packaged properly and is exposed to any amount of air, it probably was never good to begin with.

3. Your green tea was from a late harvest. It's no big secret - the best green tea comes from the first harvest in late April, early May. You can get this throughout the year, however.

4. You brewed it too long. This depends on the variety, but generally speaking, no more than 2 minutes.

5. You used too much tea. This is where you have more room for adjustment. Again, it depends on the variety, but for normal sencha, about one teaspoon to 8-10 ounces of water. For one type of tea, you may have to use an even level teaspoon, and for another a heaping teaspoon; it will vary from tea to tea.

6. You didn't use enough tea. For gyokuro, you won't get good results unless you use double the amount used for sencha.

7. You didn't start out with good water.You need good water.

8. You tried to use a tea ball or paper filter. Green tea is compact. Once you brew, it really expands and needs plenty of space to open up.

9. You tried to use a 2 liter English Teapot. If you really know what you are doing, it is possible to use a Western teapot to brew green tea. However, you would be way better off using one designed for green tea.

10. You started of with low quality tea. Even in Japan, the quality levels of green tea vary considerably. Just because it's from Japan doesn't necessarily mean it's good.

I can't live without green tea. I must have my daily cuppa otherwise I feel weird, hehe. I usually buy my green tea bags from grocery store. No particular brand though :)

You babes might also wanna consider peppermint tea. I'm drinking Boh peppermint tea it not only taste great but also have a lot of health benefits. The benefits:

1.no caffeine unless it was the one that was mixed with tea lah.

2.can relieve stomach problems.

3.help the immune system. Great for common cold and flu.

4.reduces bad breath.

5.relieve stress.

6.aid in weight loss as it suppress your appetite.

more info available at http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4...age=1&cat=5.

Happy drinking! :D

yaya Ten Ren green tea is yummy. Sometimes I add pure organic honey. Honey suppose to help give good complexion also

Brew the teabag for 2-3mins and then take out the teabag and it can be reused about 2 more times. If you leave the tea bag in the cup of water for more than 3mins it will get bitter.

OSK green tea is quite good. They have a promotion now at Jusco, only MYR 15.90 (if I am not mistaken) for a box of 50 teabags. I just get it last week. Hehe.

And I love Jasmine tea too, smells nice and taste nice as well :D

im planning to take green tea, replacing my regular Boh tea in the morning.Any good brand that i should give a try?

I tried a nice luxury pyramid-shaped genmai matcha tea bag from puregreenteas by online recently. It taste very nice. 

IIMG_1904_large.jpg?658

Currently drinking OSK green tea. Not bad and its quite nice, affordable and healthy!! clap.gif

I tried not to drink OSK Green Tea now because the tea bag is made by recycled paper. Be careful on safety of your drink.

sigh... ran out of greentea and can't find any down here...

which is better? or is there any difference between those in teabags and just tea leaves?

Same. But, normally tea bags contain low quality tea leaf. It would be great if you find high quality tea bag. 

I dunno what brand is good. But i like the one with roasted brown rice. It's very aromatic and good for health. Recently i just got it in tea bag. I never know they have it in teabag till my sis-in-law recommend it. Go for japanese brand. Much better in quality and safer.

What you like is : Genmai Matcha. See my latest reply...I found it's GREAT in pyramid tea bag one...

OMG !!!! The Dangerous of Paper Tea Bags in infertility & Suppressed Immune Functions

Paper tea bags may be just as bad, or worse, than the plastic ones because many of them are treated with epichlorohydrin, a compound mainly used in the production of epoxy resins.

Considered a potential carcinogen by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), epichlorohydrin is also used as a pesticide. Besides making its way into tea bags, it can also be found in coffee filters, water filters, and sausage casings.

When epichlorohydrin comes in contact with water, it hydrolyzes to 3-MCPD, which has been shown to cause cancer in animals. It’s also been implicated in infertility (it has a spermatoxic effect in male rats) and suppressed immune function.

This chemical is already a well-known “process contaminant” associated with modern food production. According to the American Oil Chemicals Society(AOCS), 3-MCPD can also be found in variable levels in refined vegetable oils, which is yet another reason to avoid such cooking oils and replace them with organic coconut oil.

(Author : Dr. Mercola)

"Please choose a good tea bag when drink tea. BUY FOR QUALITY & HEALTH"

Edited by cutielee88

There are a lot of good green tea brand. I have wonderfull experience tazo chai. I hope you would also it's taste.