Sign in to follow this  
smileyc240

Unbaked Oreo Cheesecake

ah chak... too bad... my house dun have that stuff.... and and... i cant seem to crush anything nicely... no strength -.-... i guess when i do its gonna take me a long time -.-

How about hammer? it would be much easier..

btw, i want to ask is it thicken cream same as whipped cream??

strawberrybaby, like what ahchak said put the oreo biscuits in a plastic bag and use a hammer to crush it. I do that :lol: The one that ahchak gonna use the stone thing might also work. Thought about that but i don't have it here so hammer is the :thumbsup:

Ahchak... i am not sure thicken cream same as whipped cream. Can you find those whipped cream in the pressurized container? Which people use to put a little bit on ice cream or cake? If you can't get it, you can use vanilla ice cream to replace it.

Edited by smileyc240

Thanks descafe

dun have hammer also =(.. omg... i guess i just put the biscuits in a plastic and bang in on the table? LOL~~~

Strawberrybaby, think of a person that you really hate and bang real hard :lol: Make sure you put in a tough plastic bag. I think that will do too.

How bout baseball bat or a wooden roller that use to make dough? Do you have it at home? You can put in a plastic bag and bang on it.

Thanks mannchyun, i share it here so you must make it. That's the point.

Folyn, when are you going to bake/cook all these recipes for me? :P

When you are here in NY. No no that time i'll want you to spend me fine dine. The more you kiam siap about that the more i want you to spend :lol:

My my my those actually looks good.

Is it still A Milk's Best friend?

Ehhh.... i think oreo already change its best friend. It's my best friend now because it melted in my mouth, not milk anymore :lol:

Edited by smileyc240

Ehhh.... i think oreo already change its best friend. It's my best friend now because it melted in my mouth, not milk anymore :lol:

Well, I love oreos with milk but I can only eat so much until my taste buds numbs up from all the sweetness.

So did you cooked it with a mix of fairy dusts, candy, flower petals, and everything nice how the Powerpuffs were made? LOL...

Well, I love oreos with milk but I can only eat so much until my taste buds numbs up from all the sweetness.

So did you cooked it with a mix of fairy dusts, candy, flower petals, and everything nice how the Powerpuffs were made? LOL...

Yeah... you forget a the most important step - blinking my eyes and *puff* the whole cheesecake is ready. And another blink *puff* a slice of it is melted in your mouth. Nice eh... :lol: Then i can forget the hammer for crushing the cookies, that's the difficult part.

When you are here in NY. No no that time i'll want you to spend me fine dine. The more you kiam siap about that the more i want you to spend :lol:

:lol: I am not kiam siap le...... :P

Fine dining aiyo......cham la this time...

hey girls... u can put the cookies into a plastic bag, use an empty wine bottle to roll it. or use the sides of a bowl to roll it..

i thought the reason those crumbs broke its because not enuff butter?????

and, u can add an egg white into the cheese... it makes the cake "stand"!

for more information, u gals can refer to my thread too..

hermione's cheesecake

mm.. the cake should chilled in freezer or the lower part of the fridge where we usually keep vege and fruits :unsure: coz my cake turn out too lembik

I haven't made anything in ages!!! I really admire you la so rajin every time also cook/bake/make this and that! Plus so rajin to take pics and show us :)

If only u were here to help me. It's been so long since I went grocery shopping for things like castor sugar i'm not sure if I can make it home ok LOL!

i forgot about the butter and didnt put any

but it turned out quite alright :lol:

btw, if i use salted butter instead of unsalted one, wat will happen?

mm.. the cake should chilled in freezer or the lower part of the fridge where we usually keep vege and fruits :unsure: coz my cake turn out too lembik

You should put it in the lower part of fridge, the unfrozen part and let it chilled for the best overnight.

Your cake lembit coz maybe you didn't put much gelatin? But too much gelatin will make you cake like agar-agar. Very tricky.

And according to hermione in another cheesecake thread, she said add beaten white egg will make it stand better. Should try this.

I haven't made anything in ages!!! I really admire you la so rajin every time also cook/bake/make this and that! Plus so rajin to take pics and show us :)

If only u were here to help me. It's been so long since I went grocery shopping for things like castor sugar i'm not sure if I can make it home ok LOL!

Actually i dunno how to cook at all last time (about 2 years ago). Since i came to NY, everything is so expensive and i just have to force myself to cook. Furthermore, i got lots free time also la... hehe... So i begin slowly, real slow, took me about 3 hours from cutting the vege and meat, get things prepare and cook a simple dish. Now become so expert d (haven't show my flying knife skill yet :lol: ). And you know what, i really enjoy every process of it, and everyday will think of something new to try. Anyway, not every of my cooking is successful. Only those successful one posted here :P Having people eating your food and compliment on what you make is something very nice, the feeling i dunno how to put in words.

Yeah... if i go back will cook together with you. Make cooking your next hobby :) Everyday having party. Don't be surprise that shopping for grocery is much fun than shopping for clothes, shoes and stuff :lol:

i forgot about the butter and didnt put any

but it turned out quite alright :lol:

btw, if i use salted butter instead of unsalted one, wat will happen?

Mannchyun... you have all the cake in your stomach d ar? I tot you wanna post it here to show?

Nothing will happen if you use difference butter. It's just that some people prefer salted and some not. Just preference. After all your cake still turn out good rite?

You should put it in the lower part of fridge, the unfrozen part and let it chilled for the best overnight.

Your cake lembit coz maybe you didn't put much gelatin? But too much gelatin will make you cake like agar-agar. Very tricky.

And according to hermione in another cheesecake thread, she said add beaten white egg will make it stand better. Should try this.

Actually i dunno how to cook at all last time (about 2 years ago). Since i came to NY, everything is so expensive and i just have to force myself to cook. Furthermore, i got lots free time also la... hehe... So i begin slowly, real slow, took me about 3 hours from cutting the vege and meat, get things prepare and cook a simple dish. Now become so expert d (haven't show my flying knife skill yet :lol: ). And you know what, i really enjoy every process of it, and everyday will think of something new to try. Anyway, not every of my cooking is successful. Only those successful one posted here :P Having people eating your food and compliment on what you make is something very nice, the feeling i dunno how to put in words.

Yeah... if i go back will cook together with you. Make cooking your next hobby :) Everyday having party. Don't be surprise that shopping for grocery is much fun than shopping for clothes, shoes and stuff :lol:

Yes there was a time maybe about 8 years ago when I used to cook more often, but since then I lost touch. My mum also is the kind that likes her kitchen clean all the time so she bising when I go in and start my cooking experiments. This keeps me away from the kitchen lots of the time, but I do like cooking and I do understand the feeling you mean. :)

can i ask something... can the agar agar gelatin powder be used?

sorry for late reply. Long time no log in.

regarding your question... i am not sure because never see people use that. Anyway, you can try and let us know. Cooking is about playing with the ingredients. You might come with something new. Good luck!