Sign in to follow this  
fred

Why you'll love Mac

Information extracted from : http://www.apple.com/getamac/

1. It just works.

How much time have you spent troubleshooting your PC? Imagine a computer designed by people who hate to waste time as much as you do. Where all the hardware and software just works, and works well together. Get a Mac and get your life back. More

2. You can make amazing stuff.

indexreason02.jpg

Every Mac comes with iLife, a suite of software that transforms your photos, music, and video into all kinds of projects. Make high-quality websites, photo books, DVDs, songs, slideshows, music CDs, calendars, cards, prints, podcasts, music videos, documentaries, and more. More

3. Everything-ready.

macosx_parallel_20070130.jpg

The Mac is the only computer in the world that can run all the major operating systems, including Mac OS X, Windows XP, and Vista. With software like Parallels Desktop or VMware you can even run them side by side. More

4. 114,000 viruses? Not on a Mac.

indexreason06.gif

Mac OS X was designed for high security, so it isn't plagued by constant attacks from viruses and malware like PCs. Likewise, it isn't plagued by never-ending security dialog boxes like those in Vista. So you can safely go about your work — or play — without interruption. More

5. Still the most advanced OS.

indexreason5_20070130.jpg

No other operating system, Vista included, offers the rich features and simplicity of Mac OS X. And just as Vista tries to get closer (emphasis on "tries"), Mac OS X Leopard is right around the corner — ready to leap even farther ahead. More

6. The latest Intel chips.

indexreason6_20070130.jpg

Intel Core 2 Duo processors are fast. As in really fast. But unlike any PC powered by Intel, the Mac runs Mac OS X — which is optimized to squeeze every bit of performance out of Intel's engines. More

7. No hunting for drivers.

indexreason1320070130.jpg

Just about everything works with Mac — even the stuff you used with your old PC. All you have to do is plug it in. A Mac has USB drivers for printers, external drives, digital cameras, input devices, iPod, and more. It can see Bluetooth cell phones and headsets, as well as FireWire cameras. No rebooting, no hassles. More

8. Design that turns heads.

indexreason03.jpg

You won't want to hide your Mac in a corner of the den. You'll want it front and center in your life. The Apple style shows in every detail, from its sculpted surfaces to its gorgeous Mac OS X graphics. More

9. Instant video chats.

indexreason07.jpg

Setting up a video chat with the people next door — or across the globe — should be as simple as picking up the phone. On a Mac, you just click an icon to have a four-way video chat in a full-screen window with amazing clarity and special effects. More

10. More fun with photos.

indexreason08.jpg

On a Mac, you don't need any extra software to make a photo book. You don't have to leave your photo software to visit a separate website and wait for forms to load. All you need is a camera and a Mac. More

11. Hollywood-style movies.

indexreason12_20070130.jpg

Connect your DV camera and turn your movies into spectaculars. Add graphics, titles, and sound effects in minutes. Then use your Mac to burn a DVD or post to your website. More

12. One-click websites.

indexreasoniweb20070130.jpg

How long does it take to post a photo or video to your blog on a PC? On a Mac, you can shoot a picture or a movie with the built-in camera, then post it on the web in a few clicks. Pontificate, preachify, and publish. The hardest part is coming up with something to say. More

13. Amazing podcasts.

indexreason10_20070130.jpg

Want to get your message out to the world? Podcast it. A Mac makes it simple to create professional podcasts, complete with artwork. Add sound effects and jingles, even use the built-in radio engineer to make it perfect. So you can be a talk star in seconds. More

14. Rock star tunemaking.

indexreason11.jpg

Musicians get all the girls (or guys). And a Mac has the software to turn you into the musician of your dreams. Choose from hundreds of cool riffs and instruments to create your own songs. Get good enough and you could be on iTunes. More

15. Awesome out of the box.

indexreason14.jpg

Other computers include software, it's true. But once you start using that software, you find that you're hobbled in some way or another. Software included with the Mac, on the other hand, is critically acclaimed as best in class. More

hahahaha... very pro mac, fred. :D The main reason I recommend Macs to clients -- viruses! I hate removing viruses from the PCs. Wastes too much of my time!

MAC LOVER WOOHOO!!!

i have a 10 year old mac that is still running! Oops,its actually 14 year old!LOLz!

How many time does a Mac crash in a year???? ANSWER------ZERO! :wink3::whistling::bounce::clapclap:

Edited by mthree

Fred can work for Steve Jobs! :lol1:

How i wish....

OK, back to the topic.

I did experienced mac crash once in awhile, not very often, mainly is doing development work that required intensive power.

Although my current hp laptop doesn't crash for more than 2,3 years (touch wood), mac's OS really an amazing piece of art. it is stable, full of features, for example the new stuff in Tiger(launched a few years ago) like automator, widget, spotlight, etc. If you are a developer, after install X Code's CD, you will find a lot of great tools for free where you have to buy them separately if using windows.

mac os X's spotlight search is more powerful then the Vista's "promising" desktop search, and is a few years earlier than Vista(they suppose to come out at the same time, but Vista delayed for years). Now we are waiting for leopord, where every version mac os comes with surprise, that's why ppl queue to buy that on the first day, it will never happen to windows, at least for now.

muahhaa...me onli hv ipod shuffle but it's totally reliable..plan 2 get imac after moving 2 new place :D coz i hate it when viruses attack my pc :(

Fred, you just made me fall in love all over again with my ibook :wub:

I totally agree on the part about no viruses.

I had the eMac crash on my before, though, so it's not totally crash-proof (yet).

hahahaha... very pro mac, fred. biggrin.gif The main reason I recommend Macs to clients -- viruses! I hate removing viruses from the PCs. Wastes too much of my time

thousands of reason for choosing MAC. i love MAC.

Now all choose to buy Ipone as well...^^