Sign in to follow this  
StephC

Good and cheap makeup courses??

Hey, guys....i've recently just started coll... so everyday go to coll of coz must put a lil bit of makeup....but im totally clueless about these stuff....lol :unsure:

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone knows any good and cheap makeup courses??? I'm looking for personal makeup courses where they teach u the basic stuff?? And how much they charge??

TQ... :wub:

Hey, guys....i've recently just started coll... so everyday go to coll of coz must put a lil bit of makeup....but im totally clueless about these stuff....lol :unsure:

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone knows any good and cheap makeup courses??? I'm looking for personal makeup courses where they teach u the basic stuff?? And how much they charge??

Interesting!!! :clapclap: .....I have the interest to know as well....in penang pls....

Hey.. u dun have to put makeup everyday for coll... sometimes i didn't put makeup at all.. and it's still fine!

i dun think there's any good but cheap makeup courses... most of them cost around RM2000++.

i guess u dun have to take any course to learn how to put makeup on.. u can do trial n error or u can go to some cosmetic counters n ask them to teach u..

Read MyB!

For me, I went to a makeup counter and the lady taught me some, then I read MyB's cosmetics thread. :) But my makeup is always minimalist, just the basics.

HellO!~!~ Im Justin, an agent from Sense & Style Beauty Academy... Here are the courses provided for personal makeup couse

Basic Personal Make-up (RM600++)

Course details :

• Day Make-up
  • Night Make-up
Courses - 5 Lessons ( 3 hours per lesson )

Courses Duration - Maximum ( 2 Months )

Advanced Personal Make-up (RM1000++)

Course details :

• Day Make-up
  • Night Make-up
  • 5 trendy looks
Courses - 12 Lessons ( 3 hours per lesson )

Courses Duration - Maximum ( 3 Months )

If you are interested, kindly contact me at 012 - 4687687 or msn me at Justintbk@hotmail.com or email me at Justintbk@gmail.com

Hi, I'm a make-up artist and I do provide personal make-up course.

If you are interested, plz PM me or call me at 012-3301255.

I'm located in cheras but if you are around the KL/Selangor area, arrangement can be made.

Thank you.

Hi Steph,

I suggest that you go to your favorite make up counter (for me, either Shu Uemure or MAC) and with the money you put aside for make up course, buy a complete set of make up and get their in-house make up artist to show you how to put them on... Some of them may not give you tricks or tips, you can always watch youtube for this... Like how to create smokey look, rainbow color or even dramatic ones. Most of the time, the make up course can buy you a whole set of make up and tools like brushes, curler etc... Just a suggestion. Hope that helps.

hi all, anymore recommendations for personal make up lessons in penang?

any free-lance make-up artist wanna teach in penang?

i hope to learn for day and night make up.Thanks alot

I know of a really good personal makeup course from a freelance makeup artist... day and night makeup... color theory... plus notes are given too... not expensive... PM me for details

Hi All,

Ping Avenue Makeup Art Academy @ Klang currently offers the following Personal Makeup Course

Duration : 6 classes
Course Content : Full set personal makeup for day & night. Smoky Eyes, Self-Hairstyling. Total makeover & Photography!!!

FREE : Revecen Korea products worth RM 530.10 inclusive of
* 1pc Makeup Base
* 1pc Natural Finish Foundation
* 3pcs Eyeshadow Color
* 1pc Pressed Powder
* 1pc LipStick
* 1pc Eyeliner Pencil
* 1pc Eyebrow Pencil

MYSTERY GIFT : Special Revecen Collectible MAKEUP BOX

All the above at only RM 788

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Those who interested in bridal make up course and have tight budget like me..:) must visit this college website,
they are offering 100% sponsor for the course fees now! check out with them before they stop offering!
i just fill out the form at their contact page, then the teacher from the college call me to give info.

check this out la~
[url="http://yesmakeup.jigsy.com/makeup-study"][color="#313131"]http://yesmakeup.jigsy.com/makeup-study[/color][/url][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]i had finish my bridal course at Yes Academy 3 months ago, is a nice place to study, teacher timy teach us step by step, alto i m a slow learner, but she still guide me thro slowly! [/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Another thing that i like so much abt this college is they solve my financial problem by offering full sponsorship course to me! YES! u cool! [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]If u have passion in makeup, and wanna pick up a solid yet affordable training, this the college u may try! [/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]share some of my classmate folio here, they just complete their final exam. hope i answer your question![/size][/font][/color]
[img]http://yesmakeup.jigsy.com/files/images/make-up-portfolio.jpg[/img]

[img]http://yesmakeup.jigsy.com/files/images/248664_226291824049532_100000061488885_992528_7589674_n.jpg[/img]

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]check this out la~[/size][/font][/color]
[url="http://yesmakeup.jigsy.com/"][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#313131"]http://yesmakeup.jigsy.com/makeup-study[/color][/size][/font][/url]

Hi,

You can try in Monica Lee Face Art Academy for full time course. They help many magazine and has a credible name for it. You can look through their website to see what their portfolio.
[url="http://www.facebook.com/MonicaLeeFaceArtAcademy"]http://www.facebook....eFaceArtAcademy[/url]

For more information. Please like and comment on Nica Professional Make Up Facebook.
[url="http://www.facebook.com/NICAProfessionalMakeUp"]http://www.facebook....fessionalMakeUp[/url]

Regards,
Joyselin Edited by joyselin

I do not recommend Monica Lee Face Art Academy. As an ex student of Monica Face Art Academy, here is my honest review:

1) they have impressive website, and a professional looking store that help with building their brand image, but please don't be fooled. The actual classes conducted are not professional at all

2) classes cancelled randomly by lecturers and they will try to replace the class, force fitting into another class's schedule, making it tiring for students, and usually replacement classes are not properly covered. (just touching the surface, not in depth)

3) the school's focus is all about money, they do not have interest to share knowledge with the students
- before class begin, they will call many times to pressure you to pay up on deposit
- the classes conducted are not in depth understanding of "professional makeup". They don't talk about trends, light, colour concept, face shapes, etc. They just touch the eyebrows shaping subject on the surface
- lecturers are constantly doing other things and not paying attention to what students do ( whether makeup application is right or wrong). The are always on their mobile phones
- course comes with compulsory product purchase - Products given to students are LOW Quality, and charged at high price. Example: liquid eye liner from cyber colours, a set of 9 (made in china simple brushes, and made in china brush pouch) costs RM 300+++, they give students products that cannot be sold off from the store

There are so many dissatisfaction I have, as an ex student from Monica Lee face art academy, mainly due to the lack of professionalism from their staff.

I do not encourage anyone to take up courses with this school, but if you must please be advised on the following:

1) don't let them pressure you to pay anything untill class starts
2) before you agree to take the course, make sure they show you the exact products you are getting, and see if the products are worth the price. If you don't like anything, request for change
3) you need to do your own research on make up application, because what they teach here is not going to give you enough basic knowledge and confidence, to help you successfully apply makeup for others (I would rather learn on YouTube really)
- particularly on face shape, light study, colour study, proper contour and highlight, features, flawless cover, etc etc... They don't teach these things, if they do, it's only very limited information and on the surface

I hope my review helps manage/ lower your expectations regarding this school. If you do sign up with Monica Lee Face Art Academy, I wish you good luck - the key is to stay positive and do your own research about the makeup techniques. Do Not be afraid to try new things in the class ( the lecturers will stop you from trying new things), do not waste this chance to explore and experiment, so that you can find your own unique makeup application style - being adventurous in class will help you gain more experience with different techniques and products.

In general I'm TOTALLY disappointed with the staff in this school, but that's just me and the peers in the same batch as I

There are so many dissatisfaction I have, as an ex student from Monica Lee face art academy, mainly due to the lack of professionalism from their staff.

I do not encourage anyone to take up courses with this school, but if you must please be advised on the following:

1) don't let them pressure you to pay anything untill class starts
2) before you agree to take the course, make sure they show you the exact products you are getting, and see if the products are worth the price. If you don't like anything, request for change
3) you need to do your own research on make up application, because what they teach here is not going to give you enough basic knowledge and confidence, to help you successfully apply makeup for others (I would rather learn on YouTube really)
- particularly on face shape, light study, colour study, proper contour and highlight, features, flawless cover, etc etc... They don't teach these things, if they do, it's only very limited information and on the surface

I hope my review helps manage/ lower your expectations regarding this school. If you do sign up with Monica Lee Face Art Academy, I wish you good luck - the key is to stay positive and do your own research about the makeup techniques. Do Not be afraid to try new things in the class ( the lecturers will stop you from trying new things), do not waste this chance to explore and experiment, so that you can find your own unique makeup application style - being adventurous in class will help you gain more experience with different techniques and products.

In general I'm TOTALLY disappointed with the staff in this school, but that's just me and the peers in the same batch as I

Hey, guys! we have offering make up lesson! At KL! Unlimited classes...

The class is free but with condition you have to purchase a set of make up tools as our students all are using the same tools as well....want to learn also need tools rite, if not make up with watercolour? Haha...dont worry, it's not expensive, it's just <RM1000.! So nice rite? Haha

we have offering make up and beauty class...manipedi slimming as well

It's unlimited, we will teach you until u know all, master it or get bored about it...

Want to know more? PM me! Whatsapp :0108217972