Sign in to follow this  
Ques

Coarse hair, help!

My hair is naturally coarse and thick. Does any of you come across this problem and have any remedy?

Don't ask me to go for rebonding pul-eeez cos i want something natural/cream application if possible.

Thnx a billion in advanced~!

ermm... Ques...

i don really have thick hair myself.. u can see it very clearly thorugh my pics... though i wish i have...sighh..

btu then.. coz i bleached it b4 so, u know how da hair will work over time. i have tried many salon brand hair care product, redken, joico, swasko something, Tigi, bedhead, paul mitchell, etc.. anything u name it.. and they all works... errmm.. kinda da same as brands like pantene and loreal. pheww.w..

according to my experience, i think pantene conditioner does smoothen ur hair lots!!!!... wat i do might probably b going against the concept of "whats right for the hair", but hell, here's my tip.. i use a considerable amount of pantene conditioner. which means, two handfull of conditioner and spread it all over the hair. most importantly the ends. run through the contidioner over hair till u can feel the smoothness of ur hair. leave it for probably a few minutes, and rinse it thoroughly. my friend taught me tat tip. coz erm... both of us are hair coloring freak. she bleached like god knows how many times, and her hair still look beautiful "from the outside".. hahahahahaa.. and she has really thick and long hair. therefore, its totally costly to spend all da money on expensive conditioners. coz u will probably b finishing the conditioner within 2 weeks. dry.gif

just remember this, heat protector b4 drying, and hair serum after drying. wink.gif

hope it helps. cool.gif

Wow..thnx sheryl~!It definitely help lots!Tht means i no longer have to splurge on branded products to let my hair look n feel healthy.

But one con pt i heard abt pantene is tht, it makes ur hair fall even faster cos the smoothen effect actually thins down ur strands,thts why making them feel softer,but more fragile in another sense too. How do u comment on it? (although recently they just launch their hair fall ctrl series.. huh.gif )

frankly speaking, yes, they smoothen and yet it kinda thin down the strands. u will experience a more frequent hair fall then usual. therefore, it is advisable to not wash ur hair everyday. if u are afraid of hair loss, u may try biolage. but thats a salon product, so, might b alittle more costly but its one of the best hair care product in da market.

i get to know of this herb named camomile tea... it is suppose to promote healthy hair growth. i drinkign it now.. hehee... hope it works!

wow i see..how does it taste?good?shall try out later. cammomile is always mentioned for health purpose huh.so widely used

wat to use if i drop hair? i dont know if this is normal as my friends do drop hair as well, but i guess it s not normal, wat should i do then?

i dropped a lot also each day~could be due to nutrition or anything i am not sure. maybe u try out the pantene hairfall control series?

Cut down salt intake also!

But some said it's normal to have 50~100 hair drop per day, so i try not to wash my hair so often cos after each wash can see my hairs lying ard~sob

Ya.. dun wash your hair too often.. especially if you're @ overseas coz the climate is always dryer compare to M'sia.

Err.. Overseas as in out of asia la.. :X

But if you're in M'sia.. washing your hair everyday is a need because of the hot temperature that would cause your head to sweat. But if you have really coarse hair .. it is either you have not enough nutrient which means you need to trim your hair.. but if you already have short hair means you need to do the oil hair

treatment to give your hair a protection shield kinda thing.. dun really know how to explain la.. :X

Oooo..in fact i've been to several salon to ask for help. i spent few hundreds to do treatment, so on and so forth but apparently it doesnt improve much. I doubt the salon were professional...maybe they juz wanna dig gold out the hell of me

hey babes....really no need to go saloon for treatment!!! i used to ve black and silky hair b4. after working for hairshow...its really spoil. sigh...so sad.

i always do treatment myself. go those hair care shop n buy their tretment....but u need to read carefully cuz if u choose de wrong product of cuz it wont improve la.

me myself is doing rebonding...so ill care my hair very carefully. muz use conditioner if i wash hair. then spray on hair essence to smooth de hair then only comb. my hair stylist told me to comb slowly for those hair that stuck if not they ll become slit end easily...after combing ill put lots of hair oil like l'oreal or candid.

ill do treatment once a week...after u wash hair make it dry then put in treatment cream or water...clip it then use a shower cap to cover it. it works like the procedure in saloon....

hey one of my tips in hair care:

try to comb nicely ur hair b4 entering shower...after putting conditioner....use a big comb to somb ur hair with de conditioner still there then rinse of...ur hair ll be very striaght and silky...try it then gimme opinion..

Hmmm...I'll try Kassie's tip today, then. Lol! Sounds great.

I don't have coarse hair. I have wild, messy, but relatively normal hair that can go straight if I bother to brush it down. But my mum has it, so here's what she does:

She bought this hair mask from Body Shop that's rather good that she slathers onto her scalp and hair for about 10 minutes before she shampoos her hair. Then she uses this special shampoo imported from Japan (from Lebel Cosmetics. About 50 bucks per 240ml bottle.) and then followed up by a conditioner from Joico. And then, another type of hair mask again from Body Shop. Phewww...smile.gif She doesn't blow dry her hair cause she says it makes it coarser so she spends at least half an hour each time she washes her hair in front of the silly box fan towel-drying her hair. Lol! It's tedious, but it seems to work for her.

Ya.. dun wash your hair too often.. especially if you're @ overseas coz the climate is always dryer compare to M'sia.

i wash my hair everyday.... nothing wrong with my hair now tongue.gif when i was inm'sia, i wash my hair twice a day....

i cant stand not washing my hair even one day.... feel sooooo dirty...plus my hair gets oily.... yucky.gif yuck

Got to ask this question - why have you guys stopped posting around 2004, how about I bump this topic and everyone start posting again - good idea or not?????

On 2/21/2017 at 2:33 PM, snowball said:

Yes :) I don't have that problem, but I know my friend tried to keep her hair moist and spent quite a lot on treatments. 

Snowball, my hair is Asian, coarse, fairly thick white with a few strands of grey and short but it got severely damaged when I underwent 15 sessions of radiotherapy. Apparently it doesn't normally affect the hair but for some reason the machine chose me to prove that it can. My hairdresser cut about 2" off all over and then told me to get this which I did and after about 4 months following the suggested regime it was back to smooth, very shiny and no frizz or split ends, thank goodness!  Hope it helps ladies. Your friend should read up about argan oil, it is amazing. I also use this heat protectant before I blow dry & heat style my hair.