Sign in to follow this  
JLoh27

Eat your way to great looking skin

I came across this very interesting article i read in a book by Dr. Gillian McKeith's,

so i tot of sharing it with all u babes who want beautifully clear & flawless skin.

1. Drink plenty of clean filtered water - at least 6-8 glasses daily, more if on hot days and when you exercise. Adequate water is essential to keep your skin hydrated and for eliminating toxins through the kidneys and colon.

2. Include lots of fibre in your diet.. It keeps your intestinal tract regular and enhances the elimination of waste from the body. some ppl with skin problems suffer from constipation coz they fail to feed themselves with good source of fibre.

3. Make sure your diet contains plenty of antioxidants (which helps slow down cellular aging). Fresh fruits and vegs are the best sources of natural plant antioxidants.

4. Food combine. by eating protein and carbo at seperate meals, you'll prevent unnecessary fermentation in the colon & increase nutrients absorption into the blood.

5. While bad fats are detrimental to your body, essential fatty acids (EFA) are vital for healthy skin. you can get these from whole grains, seeds, nuts, soy beans, dark leafy vegs, cold-presses oils (especially flax, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and safflower) and oily fish e.g. sardines, mackerel and salmon. BTW - EFA is not produced naturally by our body, so we need to get from the food we eat.

6. Start you day with a mini cleanse. This means that you should drink a glass of warm water. follow this with a mug of hot water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

7. Avoid excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol, all of which drains moisture from the body.

8. Cut down on salt. excess sodium in the system lead to skin puffiness and swelling.

9. Reduce food tha clog : the worst are red meat, diary, refined foods and food that contains hydrogenated oils or fats.

hm... that menas we have to eat tasteless and less tasty foods lor

tasty foods are not good

good food doesnt taste good

hehe

tat means 'vegetarian food' :lol:

tasty foods are not good

hehe

Not necessarily. You can use herbs to substitute salt. They taste even better. Country Farm Organics in 1U serves organic food with minimal salt, spices and sugar and yet the food taste great!

hmmm... i've just realized that i got acnes or pimples after taking sweet foods (like chocolates or doughnuts). can manage not to take so much chocolates but coffee??? no way, hose!!!

Eating chocolates doesn't contribute to acne and pimples. At least not directly. It is because chocolate are heaty. When your body is heaty, you cannot pass motion properly. Toxins accumulated in your system, hence acne and pimples pop out. Nothing to do with chocoloate being fatty food. As for coffee, it is heaty as well. Besides that, it contains caffeine which trigger our nervous system, making us to be more alert. But at the same time, it also makes us stressful and it is the stress that cause those blemishes.

Try eat more raw vegetables and fruits. Don't eat chilled vege or fruts though because they are 'cold'. YOu will suffer during your menses. Instead, take the vege and fruit out of the refrigerator and let them stand at room temparature before consuming them. Raw vege and fruits conatin enzymes which helps in digestion. These enzymes are being destroyed during the cooking process. That's why you need to consume them raw

hmm... been eating vegetables a lot these days that my mom worries i'll turn into a vegan. as for fruits, i can only take bananas and apples. so have to resort to these as a balancing act with my addictions to coffee.

6. Start you day with a mini cleanse. This means that you should drink a glass of warm water. follow this with a mug of hot water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Try eat more raw vegetables and fruits. Don't eat chilled vege or fruts though because they are 'cold'. YOu will suffer during your menses. Instead, take the vege and fruit out of the refrigerator and let them stand at room temparature before consuming them. Raw vege and fruits conatin enzymes which helps in digestion. These enzymes are being destroyed during the cooking process. That's why you need to consume them raw

so means morning have to drink 2 cups of water? but why warm one then hot one, erm isn't it about the same? and i thought its better not to mix lemon with hot water cos will like destroy its 'properties'.

women is better off not taking 'cold' food issit? including like those chilled water? Cos usually if i take raw tomatoes i wouldnt wait for it to stand till room temperature. thought it would be fresher to eat it when its just taken out of the fridge.

9. Reduce food tha clog : the worst are red meat, diary, refined foods and food that contains hydrogenated oils or fats.

Erm, diary also have to reduce? But i thought milk (diary products) shd be taken quite a lot in females, especially when you're young.

Recently I read an interview of Lin ChiLing in a Taiwan magazine. One of her beauty secret tips is eat two boiled eggs everyday.

Egg has plenty nutritients especially protein. Cheap and easy to cook.

I tried drinking the 1cold 1hotlemon cups of water for 1week. So mafan. So I campur and drink 1big glass of warm lemon water :P very good I think losing weight also because it makes me go toilet immediately and feel lighter.

Ya eat less salt is good, less bloated. So now I try not to eat the sauce from food too much cos very salty and my cili potong no more swimming in soya sauce. At first very susah cos feel like not enough taste but then now I like that I can taste the food more instead of just salt. Also cili potong without soya sauce is super hot, got more kick :P

Thank you for sharing such wonderful tips. Regarding eating 2 boiled eggs per day...i thought egg yolks are high cholestrol. I used to love eggs but now stop talking egg yolks since my last health check shows i hav bad cholestrol in my body.

Reduce diary product? Heard lots of story on this. My mom used to drink fresh milk alot, which contains lots of fats. Now she changed to soya milk like from brands like Ensure. Which is good for people who hav gastric also.

I strongly suggest USANA multivitamins called Essential for our daily supplements, it contains Vitamin A - E, and all the minerals we need for the body...as we know that the food nowadays has a lot of chemicals in it, that will cause cancer to our body especially if we eat out a lot. USANA supplents help to find the balance in the body with sufficient nutriens for daily intake.

Grape Seed by USANA also contains lots of antioxidant as well as improve our vision.

Besides that, I also start my day with 1 freshly blended juice everyday.

I'm very health concious but i think our daily meals are not enough, so supplements help a lot and I see the results trumendously.

drinking soy milk is good for skin!

or just soy products like tofu, soy beancurd...

eating health supplements help too!

im eating evening primrose oil and collagen pills as well as Vit C...

let's eat our way to a healthier skin!!!

I do the same..and i drink alot of spring water ..nameltevian..i take malay jamu..i tried inodnesianjamu..it works but too heaty for me plus lots of them are fake goods loaded with banned drugs..so i dont dare eating idon jamu..but the malay jamu is fantastic..i lost weight cleared up my skin..im glowing..and feel like a million dollar. im taking white L glutathion and also gerovital (non placental supplemet,provocaine based)..im detox once a month by cleansing my stomach eiether by regurgatating water or by detox tea (kinohimatsu japan detox). i take brands berry essence aslo..basically i eat alot of fish..i try to follow Dr perricones tips on eating super foods for the skin. like chillies..acai berry.goji, glutathione..alpha lipoic acid..berries..some nuts..olive oil..fish oil, phew...

all that food overload i try to fast twice a week also. or just go on a orange juice mixed with almond powder fast.

tasty foods are not good

hehe

Exactly....life's like tat.

My sister downloaded an ebook that said the same thing - it said that eating right is the way to great skin cause it rejuvenates the skin deep down in the cells. Like products only sit on the top of the skin, and don't really penetrate - but good food and water, really go inside the body and work deep down.

Ii don't like vegetables so much -bleugh.So I find it hard to eat them all the time. It's so boring! But I'm gonna try harder cause I want really good skin.

I think you can read the ebook at perfectlyclearskin.com. or something like that. Maybe you can email me if you want to know more about what it says.

My sister reckons exercise is really important too - bleugh again! LOL

That Dr. Gillians show is really good thou!

Hi! I also know a natural remedy for a nice and great skin.. and it is Mangosteen..

Mangosteen is a tropical fruit found mostly in Southeast Asia. It is round in shape, with purple covering when ripe, sweet white pulp, and seeds within the pulp. The medicinal properties are found richly in the pericarp or rind, with lower concentrations in the pulp. The fruits are harvested only twice a year.

Since ages ago, the fruit's pericarp has been used as a tincture for treating skin disorders. Rind decoctions have been applied externally as an astringent. Lately, its antimicrobial actions have been found to be effective against the progression of acne. Its activity against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus is worth mentioning. Mangosteen has anti-inflammatory effects derived from its xanthone extracts called garcinol and mangostin.

Xanthones are phytonutrients know to exhibit strong anti-oxidant effects. They are highly concentrated on the pericarp. Garcinol and mangostin are found to exhibit anti-inflammatory properties by inhibiting cyclo-oxygenase enzymes and carcinogens (cancer- causing substances). Anti-viral and anti-fungal properties were also observed from the Xanthones. The anti-oxidant effects from mangosteen prove to be beneficial in keeping the skin healthy.

Why not give it a try?! smile.gif

QUOTE (JLoh27 @ Apr 18 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I came across this very interesting article i read in a book by Dr. Gillian McKeith's,
so i tot of sharing it with all u babes who want beautifully clear & flawless skin.

1. Drink plenty of clean filtered water - at least 6-8 glasses daily, more if on hot days and when you exercise. Adequate water is essential to keep your skin hydrated and for eliminating toxins through the kidneys and colon.

2. Include lots of fibre in your diet.. It keeps your intestinal tract regular and enhances the elimination of waste from the body. some ppl with skin problems suffer from constipation coz they fail to feed themselves with good source of fibre.

3. Make sure your diet contains plenty of antioxidants (which helps slow down cellular aging). Fresh fruits and vegs are the best sources of natural plant antioxidants.

4. Food combine. by eating protein and carbo at seperate meals, you'll prevent unnecessary fermentation in the colon & increase nutrients absorption into the blood.

5. While bad fats are detrimental to your body, essential fatty acids (EFA) are vital for healthy skin. you can get these from whole grains, seeds, nuts, soy beans, dark leafy vegs, cold-presses oils (especially flax, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and safflower) and oily fish e.g. sardines, mackerel and salmon. BTW - EFA is not produced naturally by our body, so we need to get from the food we eat.

7. Avoid excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol, all of which drains moisture from the body.

8. Cut down on salt. excess sodium in the system lead to skin puffiness and swelling.

Everyone is unique and therefore our intake, needs and requirements for healthy skin is different. but importantly we needa have sufficient nutrition and if i may add, u'll need plenty of rest and try as much as possible to involve yourself in less stress =D

after all our skin is the largest organ of our body =D