Sign in to follow this  
Petite Cherie

Accountants

I m currently pursuing my last level, tats pt3 in ACCA. goin to look for a job soon & sit for exams at the same time. part-time thing.

any accountants here? seniors? jus wanna listen some of ur experience.

I m currently pursuing my last level, tats pt3 in ACCA. goin to look for a job soon & sit for exams at the same time. part-time thing.

Hi :) I'm not an accountant but my husband is :P if u r budget constrain then no choice hv to work if not I'd advise u to finish ur papers 1st cos vr diff. to concentrate on studies after working he has a few friends belum finish after 10 yrs :shocking: not trying to scar u tho :P

I've 2 friends taking ACCA too 1 just completed after6yrs <_< another still hv 3-4 papers left n she's already 32yo le :unsure:

Well, hope this will help :D

Em wad Veron said was right.. U better complete ur studies 1st before start working...

ACCA papers are quite tough.. u need a lot of time to prepare for exams..

If u're doing a part time job...make sure u gonna take lesser subs...

Anyway when u go and work in an accountant firm in future, most likely the companies will request u to complete any one of the prof course like Acca, cima or Cpa.. So why not u complete earlier ? :rolleyes:

Anyway... if u wanted to enter BIG 4 like KPMG, E&Y and bla bla... U need to fulfill 2 requirements :

(1) You cant fail any accounting papers

(2) You mus present well during interview...

And their pay is around RM2300 ... SIngapore also around SGD 2100 :D

Anyway good luck in ur papers !! :wink3:

Oh jus noticed dat u said u're already at lvl 3 ! gratz gratz :clapclap:

Anyway your result need not to be excellent... as long as u din fail any accounting papers and u present well during interview, As in u know how 2 answer their questions... u will definitely get a job :D

I dunno about in Malaysia... but getting in to Big 4s are very easy thru my Univeristy, which is University of Queensland...

You dun need to get good results... like average Pass will do... den u can enter any Big 4s u like :)

I got one fren, with better results, average credit and distinction...he can't enter BIG 4

On d other hand, my fren who got an average of PASS manage to enter BIG 4...

Dey hire you based on how u present yourself and d way you answer their questions...

However...the questions are Very Tricky thou hehehehe :P

So if u haven fail any accounting paper so far... you can try your luck in any BIG 4 after your exams :D Need not to wait for your results to apply for a job :)

Edited by BabyYoko

thnks alot for ur replies. really eye-opening. i have to consider wisely again. mayb i shud get some part time job. n mayb lesson my subjects to 1 or 2 subs per seating. thnks a bunch for the replies. really "waked" me up.

erm...im not accountant...but auditor in one of the big 4. also an acca affliate.

my advise is to concentrate and finish your acca since u already in part 3. bcoz if you thinking to join big 4 and study at the same time, it will be very tough as you really got no time to study especially peak period. and once u work....your determination to study will be go down...unless u really determined!!

all the best to you! :)

Hi cherie, i agree that you should complete your papers first. I work in one of the big 4 firms and i can tell you that its definitely not easy to work and study at the same time. Results matter in my firm, so better concentrate on doing well in your papers for now. Good luck!

Hi, I am an accountant too. Worked in Big 4 before. Actually it depends on your ability to work and study at the same. If you facing financial issue, you might able to consider it because many companies sponsor their staff to study. No doubt it is not easy. But nothing is impossible.

hi,i am an accountant.I work for 1 MNC now..they are paying me 3.8k per month...i have 3 years post qualified experience.Am i underpaid?whats the rate on the market now?

Currently, I am taking CPA. Results are coming out on Dec 5th. GASP!

I used to be in EY (Auditor) but then the pay there are so.......oh well, can I say small? But the exposure there is good. I took my first 2 papers while working in EY. Super busy but not impossible. But have to be very disciplined since there are no classes, no lecturers, no tutors to keep you on your toes.

Although I am still taking CPA, my field of work now has nothing to do with Accounts. (Phew)

Good luck to anyone taking professional studies!

hi,i am an accountant.I work for 1 MNC now..they are paying me 3.8k per month...i have 3 years post qualified experience.Am i underpaid?whats the rate on the market now?

Sammy88,

ermm,,mind i asking u this question?..Because i saw one of your previous posting that you had mentioned just finished your A level and want to choose a course among 3 options. Since you are an accountant, then why still choosing between pharmacist and lawyer? Or the previous post is a survey on these professional job? hehe... a lot of question marks in mind... :wacko:

thousand of apologize for throwing this question....

Edited by Kittyn@^.^@

hows the environment in Big4s now?

Even in trying economic times like this, its still as busy as usual in the Big 4s. Im in the audit division and have had friends in the assurances division complaining bout the number of assurances cases they need to fix up before each weekend!