• Occasionally
  2. 2. Which is the best sunblock?

• Estee Lauder Cyber White UV Defense SPF50/PA++
    • Clinique Super City Block SPF40
    • Biotherm UV Detox SPF50
    • Clarins UV Plus Day Screen SPF40
    • Lancome UV Expert DNA Shield SPF50
    • Dior Snow Pure UV SPF50

if i spend a minute in the sun, i swear i can feel my freckles popping out. So, i'll never leave home without applying sunblock...and my fav is Estee Lauder cyber white uv defense SPF50, for its light texture, fast absorbtion & good protection.

Thought it would be fun to know what you babes are using..

...and if you have any new recommendation for me to try.

THANKS! :)

it is a MUST to wear sunblock... felt my skin burning if didnt use... currently using origins daily outsmart ..not bad at all .. but cant wait to finish it to explore other brands!!!! :rolleyes:

My skin is very prone to freckles too :( so I always wear sunblock...am currently using Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion SPF30+

Well sun protection is a must :thumbup1: SPF=block ray that darken n dried skin, PA=block ray that aged skin

Hv tried many n most don't really hv 'staying' power as it'll melt or it's too thick. My recent failed product is Biotherm :( use only a week now end up in the drawer , my face bcom shiny around 11am <_<

Then I read a mag wer they list out the type of sunblock for diff skin type(didn't noe this) n the rate of the staying power + the 'thickness'(some sunblock r a bit heavy on the skin) haiz choosing sunblock also so complicated <_<

So finally bot the Clinique SuperCityBlock spf40pa++ also act as a primer; tried today my foundation stays matt till now(5pm) :clapclap: should hv do some research b4 buying :mumbling:

I haven't tried any of the brands mentioned above :/

I just bought Neutrogena UV protector... make my face so oily after that...

Before this was using Sunplay, but I wanna change brands as I think this didn't give me much protection... freckles getting more.

I'm thinking of a new brand... not sure which one... which you girls recommend???

Thought of getting Dermalogica, Shu Uemura or Lancome but I don't want wanna spend so much then end up getting an oily face again :(

Veronwps, how you do research??? Get samples?? or Get more info first?

Edited by Jov

I haven't tried any of the brands mentioned above :/

I just bought Neutrogena UV protector... make my face so oily after that...

Before this was using Sunplay, but I wanna change brands as I think this didn't give me much protection... freckles getting more.

I'm thinking of a new brand... not sure which one... which you girls recommend???

Thought of getting Dermalogica, Shu Uemura or Lancome but I don't want wanna spend so much then end up getting an oily face again :(

Veronwps, how you do research??? Get samples?? or Get more info first?

Hi can u read chinese? I bot a chinese mag wer they hv review on sunblock for diff skin type n staying power but I still donno how to post pics on the forum :P btw r u using skin whitening products? cos when ur skin becoms fairer the dark melanin on ur skin will appear more therefor need very high SPF n PA sunblock la

Edited by veronwps

i'm currently using loreal uv perfect.. using on and off, so can't really tell the difference.

how about banana boat? which one that's not sticky? used this kind of sunblock on my body, i felt like i was covered with glue.

PA means Protection against UVA rays so +++ would mean maximum protection, PA+ only has a UVA protection grade of 2 while PA+++ has a grade of 8 and above

SPF refers to the UVB protection, the number refers to how long you can stay in the sun before you need to reapply etc, read up the sunblock info under skincare talk for more info. both SPF and PA is important, you need both UVB and UVA protection, if youre buying an asian brand then they use PA rating, if youre buying a european brand then they use the PPD rating, PPD15 is the minimum

Some of good sunblock :

Sunplay

Sofina

Sunkiller

Hi can u read chinese? I bot a chinese mag wer they hv review on sunblock for diff skin type n staying power but I still donno how to post pics on the forum :P btw r u using skin whitening products? cos when ur skin becoms fairer the dark melanin on ur skin will appear more therefor need very high SPF n PA sunblock la

Can't read chinese wo :(

I used to use whitening but now I only use whitening spot corrector... others are normal products for dry skin.

Sigh... not sure is it because my skin became fairer or my freckles became darker... Hahah...

But some sunblock only write SPF but not the PA++ then how?? ^_^

Sigh... if need both then i bought the wrong sunblock AGAIN! :doh:

Can't read chinese wo :(

I used to use whitening but now I only use whitening spot corrector... others are normal products for dry skin.

Sigh... not sure is it because my skin became fairer or my freckles became darker... Hahah...

But some sunblock only write SPF but not the PA++ then how?? ^_^

Sigh... if need both then i bought the wrong sunblock AGAIN! :doh:

ok I'll try to check the mag for sunblock for dry skin :) without PA one no anti aging le but still ok if freckles r ur concern

u've got to take care cos freckles can only b remove with laser treament n if u hv vr fair skin I reccom. u to put on sunblock + foundation = double protection(in my opinion la) :P

my friend hv fair skin but didnt makeup now 30+ all freckles come out liao :shocking:

Wah, sounds so scary... but now is already popping more n more. Maybe coz young that time didn't bother to put ^_^

But now I got put sunblock + foundation like you said. Maybe will put triple like powder foundation with SPF when I find the right one. :lol1:

Oh, my newest sunblock although didn't write PA+++ but it's claiming to have unbeatable UVA protection.

Don't know real or not la... Haha

Thanks a lot veronwps :praisegod: :praisegod:

30++ got freckles liao ???

yeah another friend of mine already 36 n freckles all over the face accept forehead :P she's vr vr fair n never bother to put on sunscreen n makeup so now dunno wat to do cos it's too late n dont dare to do lasser

That's y ler... sunscreen is very very mportant. Our greatest enemy in beauty!!

I must start sunscreen care on my hand also.

Sometimes i think SPF15 is not enough . I kiasu i 'm looking for higher SPF.

Bought today SunPlay

sunplay.jpg

I tried on hand. the texture is very liquid/ watery. Unlike normal sunblock which is thick and cream texture. The finish effect is milk powder. Just what i'm looking for. Non Oily / grease.

And this (order online) Item haven't arrive yet

Sofina Pefect White UV SPF 50+ PA+++ (formerly named UV Cut Milk Extra Block)

sofina_2.jpg

I found these also good (great reviews from Makeup Alley)

Sofina Very Very UV Cut Milk SPF24PA+++ 30ml

Sofina Pefect UV Lucent SPF 50+ PA+++ (formerly named UV Cut Milk Extra Block)

i think Japanese Brand formulation of sunblock is good.By the way Sunplay is made in China :huh:

Sukkimi,

Where do you get Sofina Pefect UV Lucent SPF 50+ PA+++ (formerly named UV Cut Milk Extra Block) ? do they sell it in Guardian? How much is it? i'm currently looking for gd but reasonable price sunblock. i see that lots of people prefer Estee Launder Cyberwhite, just worried that it's expensive.

Have anyone used the ELianto Sunblock SPF 50? It's quite cheap, if not wrong, it's below rm30.

I've tried both the sun play and sofina

Sun play

made in China

I think got fragrance

Sofina

Made in Japan

No Fragrance

Both almost the same in way that need to shake first B4 apply.

The texture is "liquid" ! So i think i will finish it very fast. I better just use it on face bah.

I bought it from ebay!

I am thinking to get Avene..Anyone try b4 ?

My skin type : Combi/Oily, Fair & VERY prone to clogs/breakouts....

I have been using Cellnique's Skin Purifying Daytime Protection 20 for the pass 2 yrs but didn't like the thick texture & also the colour (which is dark for my skin making it dull). However, 1 month ago... i bought some stuff frm Clinique counter & got the Derma White Super City Block SPF 40/PA++ travel size (7ml) for free. Didn't dare to try it initially cause scared it would cause breakouts since i heard that high SPF protection sunblock is prone to clog pores.

However, decided to give it a go 3 weeks ago & guess what ... i luv it & will definately buy it once i finish my free sample. Not only it didn't clog my pores & cause breakouts .... i could also skip foundation because of it! I just use it together with concealer on areas that i need coverage & dust powder foundation (with a big face brush) on my face & i'm done! .... & that's for a girl that needed at least medium coverage foundation previously to look good....

However, I do admit that i need some oil control on my t-zone. Previously, I used MAC primer ... now ... I do not use a primer (the sunblock acts as a primer too) so i use some oil controlling product on my t-zone (Clinique pore minimiser range works for me). The sinblock itself evens out skin tone & provide a subtle glow to my skin .... LOVE it !!